Value of: TJ Brodie

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Because Flames are trying to make playoffs now he will cost a similar aged or younger first line RW and even then I probably wouldn't do it unless it favored the Flames just because I'd be terrified of what our 2nd pairing would look like. Kulak isn't ready for that role though he looks great on the third pair and Hamonic just isn't who he used to be. In 2-3 years if our prospects make him expendable we will see.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Would be interesting to see a blockbuster with TJ Brodie. Not likely, but interesting.

Brodie for one of these guys, not necessarily one for one...

- Ryan O'Reilly
- Dylan Larkin
- Claude Giroux
- Nathan MacKinnon

Neither team is going to trade those players. Maybe ROR, but even then that's a lot of cap to take on.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I wasn’t aware he’s viewed as a #1, I assumed most thought Gio was the #1 guy in cowtown. He’s a solid #2. I’d put his value in the Klefbom, Larsson tier of value as an Oiler.
Unfortunately we've been hearing all summer from a small but vocal contingent of Flames fans that they have 4 top pairing Dmen.
Personally, I'd love to add Brodie but only at the cost of his actual position which IMO is a #3 (on a contender) dman.

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If you want Brodie, you need to give up a top 4 2-way younger LHD albeit obviously not as good as Brodie and a top line RHS winger. If you can't, don't bother asking for Brodie. Giordano is aging, our LHD is not that strong. Valimaki is our best prospect and he isn't ready for top 4 role until at least 2019-2020 or so personally.
So you want a young 3/4 dman and a top line winger for your #3 (on a contender) dman?
Ok.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Haha so he's a #3 to you?

Is it bad that I just assume you're a leads can?
Regardless of who I cheer for, that's my opinion. I also think Rielly would be a #3 on a contender.
Granted if the #1 was a stud like Doughty or EK, they both would be decent complementary #2s.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Ya i would rather trade Hamilton than Brodie

I would rather just stick pat with the Flames roster unless somebody wants to offer us Eichel, MacKinnon or Barkov for Monahan, or take Brouwer's anchor contract off our hands. Gonna be hilarious when Bennett gets a bit of puck luck and offensive confidence going and special teams pick up a bit, we're gonna be more unstoppable than Tampa is right now. Don't need to trade Brodie, or Hamilton.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I would rather just stick pat with the Flames roster unless somebody wants to offer us Eichel, MacKinnon or Barkov for Monahan, or take Brouwer's anchor contract off our hands. Gonna be hilarious when Bennett gets a bit of offensive confidence going and special teams pick up a bit, we're gonna be more unstoppable than Tampa is right now. Don't need to trade Brodie, or Hamilton.
Ughh please dont

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad