Value of: TJ Brodie

backtrack153

Mar 3, 2011
The Calgary Flames have good young depth on their blue line coming up both the left and right side, potentially making Brodie move able....

If your a gm looking for a top 4 D what do you offer?

* forgot to mention under contract for next season at a hit of 4.65.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
he's overrated but his value is still very high considering his cap hit, years of control and age.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
he's overrated but his value is still very high considering his cap hit, years of control and age.

I’d take that overrated player on the Oilers any day providing our clubs could make a deal. The Flames years of rolling B rated tenders has hurt that core

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I’d take that overrated player on the Oilers any day providing our clubs could make a deal. The Flames years of rolling B rated tenders has hurt that core

Goaltending has hurt them but when you look at analytics like expected goals against per 60, shot suppression per 60 over the years, they are in the middle of the pack toward the bottom. Their defense is overrated. Brodie isn't a #1D like he was pumped to be on these boards for some time.

If Brodie, the top4 etc. were as good as HF makes them out to be lots of times, the numbers would reflect it.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Goaltending has hurt them but when you look at analytics like expected goals against per 60, shot suppression per 60 over the years, they are in the middle of the pack toward the bottom. Their defense is overrated. Brodie isn't a #1D like he was pumped to be on these boards for some time.

I wasn’t aware he’s viewed as a #1, I assumed most thought Gio was the #1 guy in cowtown. He’s a solid #2. I’d put his value in the Klefbom, Larsson tier of value as an Oiler.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014

If Brodie, the top4 etc. were as good as HF makes them out to be lots of times, the numbers would reflect it.

Since we changed coaches (last season and this one, 5v5, score adjusted I believe)

CA/60 = 5th
FA/60 = 7th
SA/60 = 6th
xGA/60 =9th, tied for 8th
GA/60 = 8th tied for 7th

You shouldn't include the Hartley years when looking at the team because their styles are completely different. Hartley was run and gun whereas Gulutzan is much more of a possesson system.

They aren't the beat defensive team in the league but they're pretty damn good.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Giordano is 34. Brodie is the future #1. The Flames are hanging onto him. The only thing that could lead to a move of the Flames top 4 is a prospect stepping up in a big way. If that happens Hamonic or Stone are more likely to be moved. Brodie and his cheap contract are way too valuable to the Flames.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Looking at the time of trades Jones young top 4/2 potential for Johansen, Jones was a year younger I think? Larson young top 4 potential for Hall (and again defense was younger in both these cases? If im not wrong? ) So now you look at an older much more experienced Brodie, who imo is a #2 some times he plays like a #1 and some times he plays like a #3, etc you get my point? He can play on both sides(left or right) can qbpp, can eat minutes(23-26) so he'll be worth a top line forward whos probably older or a top prospec(forward who shoots right) + 1st (could be top 5 protected) or a conditional 1st/2nd (on hin resigning)

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
If you want Brodie, you need to give up a top 4 2-way younger LHD albeit obviously not as good as Brodie and a top line RHS winger. If you can't, don't bother asking for Brodie. Giordano is aging, our LHD is not that strong. Valimaki is our best prospect and he isn't ready for top 4 role until at least 2019-2020 or so personally.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Since we changed coaches (last season and this one, 5v5, score adjusted I believe)

CA/60 = 5th
FA/60 = 7th
SA/60 = 6th
xGA/60 =9th, tied for 8th
GA/60 = 8th tied for 7th

You shouldn't include the Hartley years when looking at the team because their styles are completely different. Hartley was run and gun whereas Gulutzan is much more of a possesson system.

They aren't the beat defensive team in the league but they're pretty damn good.

Brodie honestly hasn't been very good defensively thus far this season, but he's preventing GA/60 so that's good.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
a 1st and a 2nd from a good team. they only have 11 draft picks in the next 2 yrs and 2 of em are conditional

TheJudge

Mar 11, 2007
Not even slightly interested in trading Brodie from my perspective.

It would take a Mike Milbury style blunder from the other team to get me to do it. (sorry islander fans)

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
a 1st and a 2nd from a good team. they only have 11 draft picks in the next 2 yrs and 2 of em are conditional
They gave up that for hamonic
Why would they turn around and trade Brodie for the same

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Would be interesting to see a blockbuster with TJ Brodie. Not likely, but interesting.

Brodie for one of these guys, not necessarily one for one...

- Ryan O'Reilly
- Dylan Larkin
- Claude Giroux
- Nathan MacKinnon

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
I wouldn't be categorically opposed to a trade involving Brodie to get a young legit top 6 winger. I wouldn't do it before Andersson or Kylington really prove themselves as NHLers however, so we'd be talking 2018 offseason at the earliest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad