Value of: TJ Brodie

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I still think brodie for marner+ has some legs

Huge pass.
TJ Brodie can anchor a top pairing. Who does Calgary send out against other teams' best lines most of the time? If Backlund's 5-some isn't on the ice, it's TJ and Partner. You're talking about a guy who can play 25 minutes a night and give you minimum 35 points (more like 40) points from the backend, you can use him on PK1, PP1 and all on-ice situations.

If Calgary moves TJ, they're a significantly worse team. No one can make those minutes back up.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
All these trading D for forward help threads need to stop. We have enough scoring up front when combined with our offensive D. We have been a bit unlucky with the shooting percentage, that will rise too. We are good, no need to trade away our strength.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
All these trading D for forward help threads need to stop. We have enough scoring up front when combined with our offensive D. We have been a bit unlucky with the shooting percentage, that will rise too. We are good, no need to trade away our strength.

I agree with this. I think Flames fans are getting ahead of themselves. We see a bunch of good-looking D prospects, so we assume we can trade our top dmen for top scorers. Problem is those D prospects aren't sure things yet. Before we go about blowing a huge hole into our roster, we need to have the prospects ready enough to take over those roles. Our team relies on its D too much to trade core parts of it. We trade Brodie and suddenly we're one Gio injury away from Kulak being on our top pairing.

Reactions: pmwlker

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I would rather just stick pat with the Flames roster unless somebody wants to offer us Eichel, MacKinnon or Barkov for Monahan, or take Brouwer's anchor contract off our hands. Gonna be hilarious when Bennett gets a bit of puck luck and offensive confidence going and special teams pick up a bit, we're gonna be more unstoppable than Tampa is right now. Don't need to trade Brodie, or Hamilton.
Whoa...

*backs away slowly*

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Huge pass.
TJ Brodie can anchor a top pairing. Who does Calgary send out against other teams' best lines most of the time? If Backlund's 5-some isn't on the ice, it's TJ and Partner. You're talking about a guy who can play 25 minutes a night and give you minimum 35 points (more like 40) points from the backend, you can use him on PK1, PP1 and all on-ice situations.

If Calgary moves TJ, they're a significantly worse team. No one can make those minutes back up.
agreed we would be significantly worse if we traded Brodie for Marner

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Brodie didn't have a great year overall, and it's looking like Valimaki is going to be pushing for a roaster spot. Is he traded over the summer for help on the rw/draft picks, or is he back in the fall?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I'd easily deal the leafs 1st + a small piece for him. Though not marner since he's not worth him.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Brodie didn't have a great year overall, and it's looking like Valimaki is going to be pushing for a roaster spot. Is he traded over the summer for help on the rw/draft picks, or is he back in the fall?

Personally I think he stays. Before Gulutzan came this guy was considered a bigger snub than Subban for Team Canada.

If another GM is willing to give us a good player I bet he will be traded. But if he returns to pre-Gulutzan form we will lose that trade big time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad