Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi assigned to Hamilton

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
Smart move. Tinordi looked lost out there. He had a great training camp where he was very physical then the season started and now he plays not to makes mistakes. He'll get his confidence back and his own style in the AHL. No worries at all, he'll come back stronger.

Beaulieu's turn will comes too once Murray and Emelin are back. Another year in the AHL playing full minutes will help them a lot more than playing every once in a while for a team in transition in Montreal.

I wish the Habs give a real chance to Pateryn now. Not just a couple games.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
He's fine. Some time in the AHL won't do him any harm. They've probably told him they'll be switching back and forth between him, Beaulieu and Pateryn for the next few weeks. Instead of making him watch the game from the press box, they're giving him ice time in Hamilton.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
That seems entirely reasonable.

"All the young guys suck under MT/MB"
"What about the ones that don't suck?"
"They would have been good regardless"

This.

Bottom line is Beaulieu outplayed Tinordi, even defensively (even while being average himself) and Beaulieu can skate better, and for a young inexperienced player, he can fix his mistakes easier.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Whether he is playing better or worse than Tinordi, Beaulieu does seem to
be paying with more confidence. And to me, that is neccesary for young
players to learn and improve. And of course the best way to regain confidence,
is to play at a level that you can dominate. Also, the AHL isn't trivial. Tinordi
isn't so far beyond the AHL that he can't learn anything there.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He's fine. Some time in the AHL won't do him any harm. They've probably told him they'll be switching back and forth between him, Beaulieu and Pateryn for the next few weeks. Instead of making him watch the game from the press box, they're giving him ice time in Hamilton.
Seems like people forgot that Pacioretty got derailed by being in the NHL TOO SOON and then he began beasting in the AHL such that they gave him the callup and the rest is history. Beating up lesser competition still makes you feel good because it's still successfully beating someone up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Might as well play him 25 minutes in Hamilton he is only 21 years old and his style of play must be mistake free to be effective since he will be purely a shut-down dman.

Pateryn could be the next gorges at least he has some decent offensive skills.

Also lol at calling McCarron a bust after 2 months, he looked really good during training camp, top 6 could certainly be a in the cards for him.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
The thing to be disconcerted about here is that as one poster mentioned "Tinordi looked lost out there." Tinordo will go back to the Bulldogs which is far better than sitting on the bench, and he will get somewhat better, but how much better will he get. What is his expected ceiling now? He was a 1st rounder hyped as being a sensation but now that he has had a showing with the big leagues that was far from stellar, it is kind of doubtful that he will develop into a superstar and will probably be an average player at best. That leads to another issue.

If you look at the Habs 1st round picks for the last six years, you have: Danny Kristo (gone for Christian Thomas), Louis Leblanc, Jarred Tinordi, Nathan Beaulieu, Alex Galchenyuk, Michael McCarron ... only one is a star and the rest OK at best. Yes, Gallagher at 5th round turned out well but he is the only exception that just offsets this a bit.

For a team that is supposedly building by the draft, if only two picks in the last six years are good enough to add to the regular rotation at an above average level, how on earth are the Habs going to build a winning team with above average players when all they are doing is picking barely average at best? With these 1st round picks management is building an average or treadmill team, not a winner. Management is not outdrafting or doing better than the other 29 teams so how do they improve on those other teams if they are building by the draft?

This "we are improving by the draft and we'll be good in a couple of years" is going the way of nothing more than a donkey chasing a carrot on a stick.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No problem if it's short term. But the guy was ready to move on in the NHL. Yes....he will make mistakes. He's a freakin young kid. Dougie Hamilton was way more touted and is still doing mistakes and not playing every game. Tinordi will learn in the NHL. Sending him in the AHL for a year? To learn what? How slow the pace is when he actually needs to learn the fast pace of the NHL? He has no business in the AHL contrary to Beaulieu. Again, no biggie if it's short term. What's funny is that Therrien says that he lost his confidence and doesn't hit anymore....well maybe because at the first sign of weakness, Tinordi was in the stands. That has to be great for the confidence....Great to see Pateryn being recalled...hoping he sees some action, he deserve it.

As far as the rest of the D's staying....we surely are in great hands. Instead of seeing rookie mistakes, we'll see vet mistakes. But I guess that's more acceptable. One thing though....if at one point, we HAD to separate the Eller line to redistribute the talent.....maybe time to separate Markov and Subban to do the same? 'Cause the other 4 are terrible. Maybe paired differently, they'll be less terrible. Markov is playing some pretty good hockey.

Whitesnake has expressed the same opinion (Albeit in a Sofff manner.) as I did, yet got no flack. :laugh: Are you all scared of the great WS wall of text ? You should be.

The only thing you will get from me is a satirical answer:laugh:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Whitesnake has expressed the same opinion (Albeit in a Sofff manner.) as I did, yet got no flack. :laugh: Are you all scared of the great WS wall of text ? You should be.

Whitesnake gets respect because he knows a lot about hockey, watches
a lot of hockey, and is an intellegent man. Are you any of the above ?

dreamingofdrouin*

Ekblad could be the perfect partner for PK.

:laugh: we wont suck that much this year....im still very optimistic about this season...we have a winning record....injuries are to blame for our recent bad play...we'll be a better team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Don't worry....I have my "friends" too....;)

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
The thing to be disconcerted about here is that as one poster mentioned "Tinordi looked lost out there." Tinordo will go back to the Bulldogs which is far better than sitting on the bench, and he will get somewhat better, but how much better will he get. What is his expected ceiling now? He was a 1st rounder hyped as being a sensation but now that he has had a showing with the big leagues that was far from stellar, it is kind of doubtful that he will develop into a superstar and will probably be an average player at best. That leads to another issue.

If you look at the Habs 1st round picks for the last six years, you have: Danny Kristo (gone for Christian Thomas), Louis Leblanc, Jarred Tinordi, Nathan Beaulieu, Alex Galchenyuk, Michael McCarron ... only one is a star and the rest OK at best. Yes, Gallagher at 5th round turned out well but he is the only exception that just offsets this a bit.

For a team that is supposedly building by the draft, if only two picks in the last six years are good enough to add to the regular rotation at an above average level, how on earth are the Habs going to build a winning team with above average players when all they are doing is picking barely average at best? With these 1st round picks management is building an average or treadmill team, not a winner. Management is not outdrafting or doing better than the other 29 teams so how do they improve on those other teams if they are building by the draft?

This "we are improving by the draft and we'll be good in a couple of years" is going the way of nothing more than a donkey chasing a carrot on a stick.
Way too soon to judge Tinordi
Kristo was a 2nd rounder
But I get your point, Bergevin wants to build through the draft but every team does that... Its a "natural process" not a strategy unless you plan on tanking...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

The problem with this line of thinking is that you are looking at just the 1st round draft picks. Also it's impossible at this point to know what the future holds for guys like McCarron, Beaulieu, etc.... since the development process is usually a long one.

On top of that, I don't know why you assume that because Tinordi is going back to the AHL (where he should have been and likely may had if not for all the injuries to the blueline) that he will
will probably be an average player at best

Not sure how or why you come to that conclusion, since there is no way for anyone to know what the future holds for Tinordi. If you look at this development path, so far things have gone well for him, if you have reasonable expectations. Personally as much as I like Tinordi, I have said in the past that I think some Hab fans are going to be disappointed in that he's not going to be the bruiser that some think he will. Perhaps as he gets more comfortable out there, as I am talking about 3-4 years from now, but that doesn't mean that he can't end up being a very solid NHLer for us in time.

Tinordi entered this season with 1 year of pro under his belt, he needs more time to continue to progress but just because he doesn't light it up in the NHL as a 21 year old, it's still way too early to judge what will become of his future.

The Habs future will depend not just on 1st round picks but also with others like Fucale, DLR, Collberg, Lekhonen, Hudon, Dietz, Nygren, Andrighetto, Bennett, etc.... (not saying in any way that all or any will make it, just that I would look past where a player is drafted and look at what they might bring to the club down the road)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad