Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi assigned to Hamilton

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
This management philosophy revolves around shattering young kids.

Which 'young kids' have been shattered?

Actual reality would suggest that the exact opposite is true, but I know that you're not a fan of reality.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005

****ing hate Bergevin and Therrien. It's ridiculous that they still have supporters.
PG is 10 times the hockey mind Bergevin is.
BG, before his last year trying to save his job was 10 times the hockey mind this twit is.

Maybe McGuire would've been better afterall.

So you don't think giving a player who seems to have lost confidence and isn't getting playing time a demotion so he can gain his confidence back by getting playing time makes sense?

I would think that leaving a player in the pressbox or bench would be more damaging to a young player.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

****ing hate Bergevin and Therrien. It's ridiculous that they still have supporters.
BG, before his last year trying to save his job was 10 times the hockey mind this twit is.

I love listening to Pierre on Melnyk's show, but didn't he suggest the Habs move Subban to try and land the 1st overall pick in 2012 lol?

He's a great hockey mind but I think he would've been a bit too erratic as our GM.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Which 'young kids' have been shattered?

Actual reality would suggest that the exact opposite is true, but I know that you're not a fan of reality.

Eller last year.
P.K. since the start of their reign.
Leblanc since the start of their reign.
Now Tinordi.

While players who flat out suck like DD, Briere, Diaz, Gorges, Gionta, Bouillon and Co gets a pass because they are old and finished.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Eller last year.

Now Tinordi.

While players who flat out suck like DD, Briere, Diaz, Gorges, Gionta, Bouillon and Co gets a pass because they are old and finished.

Eller has become our #1 center.
PK won a Norris, and is on pace for his 2nd.
Leblanc was already busto.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Eller last year.
Now Tinordi.

I think you're confusing "shattered" with "was mean to". Since MT and MB came on board both Eller and PK has grown into stars. PK won the Norris and is being pushed to be better (and he's getting better too), and Eller was sat early, then established himself as the no. 2 c (this year he's become the no. 1).

Leblanc and Tinordi are still rookies that will take time to develop. Just because MT and MB have taken a somewhat hard line with these guys doesn't mean they've shattered them.

And what do DD, Briere, Diaz, Gorges, Gionta, Bouillon and Co have in common? They're veterans. These guys get treated differently by coaches than rookies. Always have, remember JM and co?

Have some faith, these guys definitely know more about hockey than you or I. They'll make some mistakes, but generally they know what's what. MT was brought in because he took a team of young players from the basement to the finals. He has learned how to coach young, elite players, and make them better. I think PK and Eller are further proof of that.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Eller has become our #1 center.
PK won a Norris, and is on pace for his 2nd.
Leblanc was already busto.

And MT might just be starting to lose his room. P.K. would've won the norris with me as a head coach, he's on a mission and I would attribute Eller's success more to himself and him going to see a sports psycho than to attribute it to MT's ****** take on developing young players.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Eller last year.
Now Tinordi.

PKs contract problems aside I have no beef, he started him off slow and gave him more minutes, but he doesnt get to keep those minutes by fiat. his play against the oilers last night was not his best.

Leblanc is getting closer and closer to looking like 10 pounds of never will be in a 5 pound bag.

Yes tinordi was our only physical presence on D but hes still so very very green. His call up last year after emelin went down was because we had no other choice, that whole thing could have gone south quick and that could have far more likely killed his confidence than working out the kinks in the AHL

He played well in preseason but even then I was hoping he would start the season in hamilton, and if he ended up with the big club at the end I'd be okay with that. He still has a ton to work on in his game and working on them here means he's going to get burned a lot.

We finally have choices on D, although none of them are ideal its better than no choices. I dont see many people hanging a whole lot on pateryn, if he can step in and essentially do the job that we expected tinordi to do while tinordi works on his game in hamilton, to me that's a win win.

people keep forgetting that his is still so very green and he's not going to be his old man anytime soon, if ever.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think you're confusing "shattered" with "was mean to". Since MT and MB came on board both Eller and PK has grown into stars. PK won the Norris and is being pushed to be better (and he's getting better too), and Eller was sat early, then established himself as the no. 2 c (this year he's become the no. 1).

Leblanc and Tinordi are still rookies that will take time to develop. Just because MT and MB have taken a somewhat hard line with these guys doesn't mean they've shattered them.

And what do DD, Briere, Diaz, Gorges, Gionta, Bouillon and Co have in common? They're veterans. These guys get treated differently by coaches than rookies. Always have, remember JM and co?

Have some faith, these guys definitely know more about hockey than you or I. They'll make some mistakes, but generally they know what's what. MT was brought in because he took a team of young players from the basement to the finals. He has learned how to coach young, elite players, and make them better. I think PK and Eller are further proof of that.

They might need a little class in psychology because thats now how it works.

It's the equivalent of going all donkey kong on your son after he scored his first goal as a moustique.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Eller last year.
Now Tinordi.

If shattering our young players is the equivalent of turning them into a top line center or earning them a Vezina, here's hoping they shatter more young guys than just Tinordi.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
And MT might just be starting to lose his room. P.K. would've won the norris with me as a head coach, he's on a mission and I would attribute Eller's success more to himself and him going to see a sports psycho than to attribute it to MT's ****** take on developing young players.

That seems entirely reasonable.

"All the young guys suck under MT/MB"
"What about the ones that don't suck?"
"They would have been good regardless"

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Rather see Tinordi own the AHL for another year than play less than 10 minutes here with a hot potato on his stick. He wasnt physical at all too.

NewHabsEra*

Good decision, the kid was clearly not ready for the NHL speed.. Go down and make your classes..

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
Eller last year.
Now Tinordi.

Really ****ing tired of these kinds of comments.

Btw, Tinordi is playing awful hockey right now and he needs to get his confidence back. And he'll only get better playing tons of minutes in every situation. It's a good move, and it was the obvious one to make.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
VA
I hope that Murray and Emelin are ready. Otherwise and unless there's a trade, get ready to get ragdolled again. Yesterday wasn't pretty...

EDIT: I am not questioning the move, just the D we will be left with.

Last edited:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Eller last year.
Now Tinordi.

Tinordi is ahead of where most people thought he would be, if you look
back at when he turned pro.
I think this is true of Eller, Galchenyuk, Galagher, and Bournival as well.
Subban was already on track, but he doesn't seem shattered to me.
Maybe only a little. What's the usual recovery time from a shattering ?
4 to 6 weeks?
Except for the failure to give Subban a long term contract, the handling
of the young players has been as close to ideal as you are likely to get.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/tinordi-va-refaire-ses-classes-à-hamilton-1.676774

« Dans le moment, nous voulons que Tinordi joue des matchs et les Bulldogs en disputeront trois en fin de semaine, a-t-il repris. C'est important pour son développement. Nous voulons que nos jeunes restent actifs. »

« Right now we want Tinordi to play games and the Bulldogs will play 3 this week-end he said. It is important for his developpement. We want our Young players to stay active »

- Michel Therrien

It makes perfect sense to me.

Edit: Mrb1p mentionned Eller, he is probably MT's biggest success as to how to handle a young talented player. He been hard on him yes, but it greatly paid off.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Eller last year.
Now Tinordi.

PK has been 'shattered'? WTF is this?

49 points in 51 games and a Norris. Ok, they can 'shatter' all the youngsters they want....

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

WOW!!!

Think about what you're saying...their philosophy is about shattering their own product in this multi million dollar business!! J'ai mon voyage!! You make no sense

How do you come up with 10 times?? This is based on what??
I'll leave you with this...."Bergevin finalist for GM of the year 2012-13 season"....because he's sooooo bad

Last edited by a moderator:

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Remember when MaxPac was sent down in the AHL? Yeah.

Considering his play, this is not surprising at all. Tinordi will be back.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Glad to see this he has reminded me of the Tinordi from his OHL days LOST on the ice.

1. Nice of you to come out of your hiding you couldnt be found on Tinordi threads when he was playing so well. I guess that was predictable though, it must have hurt you to see him playing in the NHL, something you so intelligibly claimed wouldnt happen.

2. Tinordi's OHL career is solid, no matter suppression of that reality.

3. A Canadiens fan is glad that one of the team's top prospects being sent down because it supposedly affirms his faulty opinion of the player? Yeah, you are to be taken seriously.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
I liked what I saw from Beaulieu in the last couple of games.

But why must Bouillon play so much? Slightly over 16.5 min/game is insane for this no-talent plug. I like his heart and the fact that he wants to be in MTL, but he's slow, small, has no offensive upside whatsoever, and can't clear a crease.

Why is Montreal management in love with this guy? Because he's a veteran? :(

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No problem if it's short term. But the guy was ready to move on in the NHL. Yes....he will make mistakes. He's a freakin young kid. Dougie Hamilton was way more touted and is still doing mistakes and not playing every game. Tinordi will learn in the NHL. Sending him in the AHL for a year? To learn what? How slow the pace is when he actually needs to learn the fast pace of the NHL? He has no business in the AHL contrary to Beaulieu. Again, no biggie if it's short term. What's funny is that Therrien says that he lost his confidence and doesn't hit anymore....well maybe because at the first sign of weakness, Tinordi was in the stands. That has to be great for the confidence....Great to see Pateryn being recalled...hoping he sees some action, he deserve it.

As far as the rest of the D's staying....we surely are in great hands. Instead of seeing rookie mistakes, we'll see vet mistakes. But I guess that's more acceptable. One thing though....if at one point, we HAD to separate the Eller line to redistribute the talent.....maybe time to separate Markov and Subban to do the same? 'Cause the other 4 are terrible. Maybe paired differently, they'll be less terrible. Markov is playing some pretty good hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad