Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi assigned to Hamilton

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm not against it.
The guy, for whatever reasons, appears to have forgotten to play physical hockey, which is necessary for him to have success in the NHL.
Maybe is he afraid to cross the line and/or end up out of position?

Considering how he played this far, that demotion has to be considered a good move
People here seems to evaluate Tinordi like the player he could and will be, as opposed to the player he is.

Now let's hope he plays 25+ mins a game, dominate in Hamilton and bring that domination with him when he's called up again.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
So far, I like Beaulieu a bit more than Tinordi.
Playing big minutes in Hamilton is better than on the pressbox or a few minutes with Habs.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I'm sure it's cap only, but I agree with (I think) Marc Denis last night who said that, in a perfect world, both Tinordi and Beaulieu would be in Hamilton now. So if one switches with the other for a bit while we deal with injuries, that's fine too.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Man it's funny how fast peoples opinions can change in the hockey world. 2 weeks ago Beaulieu was a scrub and Tinordi a hockey god. Fast forward 2 weeks and they've switched places.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
Man it's funny how fast peoples opinions can change in the hockey world. 2 weeks ago Beaulieu was a scrub and Tinordi a hockey god. Fast forward 2 weeks and they've switched places.

its a fact, the guy was sent down to Hamilton.....

it's Marc Bergevin opinion too

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm sure it's cap only, but I agree with (I think) Marc Denis last night who said that, in a perfect world, both Tinordi and Beaulieu would be in Hamilton now. So if one switches with the other for a bit while we deal with injuries, that's fine too.

This, and callup Patrryn for bottom-pair purposes.

It could be a cap move, but the one called up might be Pateeyn.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
It is what it is i guess. I like Beaulieu because he moves the puck well and is a great skater. Offensive D usually take less time than big D to develop and gain confidence, and maybe thats whats going on here. I think Tinordi is trying to do a little too much so far this year. He's trying to be too much of an all-around player, in the sense that he's trying to pinch and be part of the offense a bit too much. i'm very impressed with this side of his game, but he should be focusing primarily on being solid in his own zone first.

Either way i hope they both improve enough this year that we can get rid of diaz and bouillon next year (or sometime this year).

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Both him and Beaulieu will finish the season in Hamiton unless, of course, injuries occur.

Subban - Markov
Gorges - Emelin
Diaz - Murray
Boo

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Needs to work on his confidence and then come back stronger.

If he's going to partner PK someday he needs to be able to hang on to the puck and make smarter passes.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am a huge Tinordi fan but he needs more time. I also think Beaulieu needs a whole season in the A. Pateryn being 23 is the most ready.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Both him and Beaulieu will finish the season in Hamiton unless, of course, injuries occur.

Subban - Markov
Gorges - Emelin
Diaz - Murray
Boo

More excited to watch the Dogs defence when that happens.

Beaulieu-Pateryn
Tinordi-Nygren

Really nice pairings, balanced and can play big minutes.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
Both arent ready yup, Tinordi had more nhl games(camp) so far so..its Beaulieu turn to show what he got... Maybe Tinordi will get the message n his confidence back in a couple of AHL game...he'll be back... who know's

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
This is for the cap space situation.

Current cap limit is $64,300,000 with Tinordi up they would be over that limit as they only have this as their current payroll: $65,052,828, to get that to 64.3m they used LTIR.

Emelin and Drewiske are the only players on LTIR atm. Guys like Murray, Briere, Prust, Parros all count towards the cap.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->