Tinordi and Bournival make the Habs!

hogtownhabsfan*

First of all, that bolded part simply is not true (nor particularly relevant to the greater sense of his "value"), and second of all, where's the size problem down the left side of that lineup?

You do realize Bourque is a productive winger with size locked up on a sweetheart deal?

Yea, lets just give him away!

I he was on another team this board would be drooling over adding him.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Yea, let's just dump our best player from the playoffs who happens to be our biggest forward.... :shakehead

Yes he is big, but I'm still waiting for any form of consistency from him, something that Bournival can bring. Plus we can still get something back. Of course not everybody will agree on this because giving top 9 ice time to a rookie is a big gamble, but Bournival earned it, and Bourque didn't earn anything so far.

I would wait on a Bourque trade though, it was just ''another option''.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
You do realize Bourque is a productive winger with size locked up on a sweetheart deal?

Yea, lets just give him away!

I he was on another team this board would be drooling over adding him.

I have to agree. Bourque is a valuable player in our top six, and with a team as small as the Habs, he is not the type of player to get rid of at this point in time. He brings size, toughness and scoring to the top six.

He fills his role well.

hogtownhabsfan*

Yes he is big, but I'm still waiting for any form of consistency from him, something that Bournival can bring. Plus we can still get something back. Of course not everybody will agree on this because giving top 9 ice time to a rookie is a big gamble, but Bournival earned it, and Bourque didn't earn anything so far.

He's called a complimentary forward with size. If he had consistency he'd be a star. Just be happy to have him at a great price in our top 9.

hogtownhabsfan*

I have to agree. Bourque is a valuable player in our top six, and with a team as small as the Habs, he is not the type of player to get rid of at this point in time. He brings size, toughness and scoring to the top six.

He fills his role well.

Exactly.

Sure his preseason has been underwhelming, but I'll put more stock in his fantastic playoffs where he was a force.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
image.jpg

(Source d'image: Vincent Éthier )

:handclap: You win at the internet.

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
My prediction is that when the coaches eventually trust Bournival to slot into a regular PK role (may not happen this year or it could happen in game one for all i know?), he will be a huge reason why the Habs PK will turn around and become a force again.

I just have a feeling that Pleks and Bournival could be a really dangerous pairing. I also think that Bournival's tenacious forechecking will be a huge boost to a team that is a bit too comfortable sitting on their heels on the PK.

All in all i think Bournival's (potential) combination of speed, strength, compete level and intelligence could make him a valuable piece of this team moving forward. While people have been pretty high on this kid for a while, i haven't really seen him play much (other than the mem cup where he was awesome). From what ive seen this year i get where all of his fans are coming from. He's gonna be a solid NHLer.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013

How did Bournival earn a top 9 spot and Bourque didn't?

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

My prediction is that when the coaches eventually trust Bournival to slot into a regular PK role (may not happen this year or it could happen in game one for all i know?), he will be a huge reason why the Habs PK will turn around and become a force again.

I just have a feeling that Pleks and Bournival could be a really dangerous pairing. I also think that Bournival's tenacious forechecking will be a huge boost to a team that is a bit too comfortable sitting on their heels on the PK.

All in all i think Bournival's (potential) combination of speed, strength, compete level and intelligence could make him a valuable piece of this team moving forward. While people have been pretty high on this kid for a while, i haven't really seen him play much (other than the mem cup where he was awesome). From what ive seen this year i get where all of his fans are coming from. He's gonna be a solid NHLer.

And we're a fast and annoying team. This guy would be perfect.

How did Bournival earn a top 9 spot and Bourque didn't?

Same reason why Galchenyuk and Gallagher earned it last season. Anyway I was just saying. Of course Bourque earn his top 9 role, but if one player in our offensive top 9 is a tradable aspect, I think it's him. We have 11 players who should be playing in the 3 first lines.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Same reason why Galchenyuk and Gallagher earned it last season. Anyway I was just saying. Of course Bourque earn his top 9 role, but if one player in our offensive top 9 is a tradable aspect, I think it's him. We have 11 players who should be playing in the 3 first lines.

The difference is that last year we actually had spots open... They also weren't going to keep Galchenyuk and play him on a fourth line. With Bournival's style of play we could see him on a fourth line and look good.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

The difference is that last year we actually had spots open... They also weren't going to keep Galchenyuk and play him on a fourth line. With Bournival's style of play we could see him on a fourth line and look good.

Yes, but we would have 5 players for a 4th line. This is why I'd rather send him down until something happen and this is why I said playing a rookie on a 3rd line is a big gamble. If he stays, a trade is imminent, whether it's Bourque, White, Moen, etc. Or maybe after game 1 we will have injuries, wouldn't be surprised at all knowing this team.

EDIT: If we somehow trade Moen & White, I'm OK with Bournival playing as the 4th line center/LW. I just down want him to watch games from here:

Int%C3%A9rieur_du_Centre_Bell_Center_Inside.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDontGive

Nov 16, 2010
Your assessment of Frolik tells me that you stopped watching last year's playoffs as soon as the Habs got eliminated. Also I doubt you watch much Western Conference action.

Actually, I didn't !? What assessment of frolik? did I say anything except I dont know how much of a hardworker he is.. You guys never understood my post or what? Have I ever said anything negative about Frolik? They are not the same type of player is all I said... geez I might go back to being silent here.. people just wanna argue ffs and dont read the whole comment? gtfoh with ur little attacks there, oh u probably stopped listening after the habs got out lalala ****

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
When Emelin gets back, it's really going to be a cluster**** on defense. I'm all for depth, but sitting NHL players like Bouillon, Murray, Diaz or Tinordi to make room for Emelin can not be a good thing. Then we also have Drewiske who we signed as a seventh defenseman, but he looks to be the 9th on the depth chart.

Same thing for when Parros is healthy, if the team intends to place him in the lineup. Who of Moen, White, Bournival, and Prust sits? All have a rightful claim to a roster spot, with Prust pretty much being a guarantee.

This is going to get very tricky. I can't help but think the Habs are going to need to make some space.

You cross that bridge when it is time. The habs will not be healthy all year, and internal competition will help avoid complacency. On a healthy roster, I think its white and parros who are the odd men out. Bournival cannot let his foot off the gas pedal because even though he had a great pre season, he is the easiest to remove out of the lineup if things go bad. Moen, white, parros, and prust have all had some injury issues relatively recently.

When injuries do occur, we will be thankful of the depth. If only we had the same type of depth in the top 6 forwards or the top 4 d

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Bourque's invisibility issues are well-known around the league. His size matters more to a team like ours that is chronically trailing when it comes to drafting and acquiring physical assets.

If they move Bourque, they'll need to acquire someone with physical tools and size in the same deal, or do so via another deal where one of our diminutive specimens is jettisoned (assuming a fair return, naturally).

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Bourque's invisibility issues are well-known around the league. His size matters more to a team like ours that is chronically trailing when it comes to drafting and acquiring physical assets.

If they move Bourque, they'll need to acquire someone with physical tools and size in the same deal, or do so via another deal where one of our diminutive specimens is jettisoned (assuming a fair return, naturally).

We're a fast team, so Bournival would be a major plus. Honestly (and it's probably just for me), I don't really care if we have small fowards. All I want is tougher D-men so they can protect our fowards. And that improved a lot with Tinordi-Murray.

Don't forget that Montreal strenght is called speed.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Bourque was far from invisible last year. He's been very solid this preseason. I don't know what games people watch sometimes. Bourque's been just as involved as I'd want him to be in the preseason.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Bourque was far from invisible last year. He's been very solid this preseason. I don't know what games people watch sometimes. Bourque's been just as involved as I'd want him to be in the preseason.
Bourque has been fine and a good fit for the line with Pleks and Gionta. We'll just have to see if he stays visible. But his MO is pretty well-established. He'll go through stretches of invisibility this season. As long as they aren't too long, that's ok, we know what we're gettting, and the other stretches of visibility ought to be enough. We have pretty good balance on our lines right now IMHO, and a wealth of options for any coach who wants to juggle, that's for sure.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

He's had more years as an invisible man than he's had as a "solid" player. He is excessively high maintenance. If he comes out of the gate at full throttle, no one is going to complain.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We're a fast team, so Bournival would be a major plus. Honestly (and it's probably just for me), I don't really care if we have small fowards. All I want is tougher D-men so they can protect our fowards. And that improved a lot with Tinordi-Murray.

Nothing wrong with that.

However, speed is not the exclusive domain of diminutive types who play with no grit (and I don't mean Bournival).

onemorecup*

no way diaz gets scratched for tinordi bouillon or murray, you're dreaming in colour.

Diaz brings more to the table than any of those guys and plays a bigger role.

diaz is crap like cube and murray

tinordi deserves it period

what else does he have to prove , time to play

hogtownhabsfan*

There aren't many 220 lbs players faster than Bourque.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad