Tinordi and Bournival make the Habs!

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
When is the waiver draft / day when they have to hand in their 23-men roster?
No waiver draft any more. Just waivers. Everyone needs to be at 23 man roster by Monday. Montreal will be there by tomorrow when Dumont clears waivers.

Why would people be worried about losing Dumont on waivers? He is a dime a dozen type player and if he wasn't Habs property and played on some random team, this fanbase wouldn't even look at him twice. His ceiling is 3rd liner at best. I have nothing against Dumont but if we lose him it's not a huge loss.
Correct, Dumont will not be claimed off waivers. Everyone has at least 2 Dumonts in their system, why would they take a flyer on Montreal's 15th forward instead of their own guys?

Isles, Yotes, Panthers and others have picked up way worse than Dumont on waivers before. He's not a bad asset to have for free.
Maybe, but if you claim Dumont, then you have to turn around and cut the guy who was going to be your 13th forward, and risk losing him to waivers. No one is picking up an extra guy like Dumont, especially when everyone is scrambling to get down to 23 players.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The fact that Tinordi and Bournival are still there doesn't mean they can't be sent down in a week once everybody is healthy.

With Murray and Parros healthy, that gives us

Biere DD Pacioretty Plekanec Gionta Bourque Galchenyuk Gallagher Eller Moen Prust White Parros Bournival(14 forwards)

Subban Markov Tinordi Murray Bouillon Diaz Gorges(7 defense)

Drewiske out another 2-3 weeks.

I wouldn't trade anybody, I'd keep those guys around for 7-8 games until Drewiske is healthy and Parros is 100%...then send one or two guys down.

Three concepts at play here...

1-it's better to be too patient than to rush young players, plus
2-they are better off playing more in the AHL than sitting in the NHL
3-you never have too much depth

It would make no sense to trade White, he is cheap, has looked good in preseason and adds an element of tougness plus can play C or RW. Good team guy.

Moen, yeah he had a down year plus his contract makes him hard to trade. Give him at least a half year to bounce back, in preseason he's been more agressive and dropped the gloves, he can be a high end 4th liner(see 11-12).

Parros or Prust are going nowhere.

Logically Bournival stays a few weeks and unless he is a force they send him back down.

Tinordi is a tougher call, once Murray and Drewiske are healthy, they can't carry 24 and won't want 8 d-men. Drewiske is a no brainer at #7. Murray they won't move so soon after signing him, plus he brings big time size/toughness with Emelin out. Bouillon was just re-signed and is the more versatile player of the bottom 4 guys. Can they send Drewiske AHL for 2 weeks conditionning?

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Hey remember that thread "You know you are a Habs Fan When..."

You know you are a Habs fan when you think about and care about losing Gabriel Dumont on Waivers. A lot of scrubs are going to be available over the next few days don't think this one is any better than the rest.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Hey remember that thread "You know you are a Habs Fan When..."

You know you are a Habs fan when you think about and care about losing Gabriel Dumont on Waivers. A lot of scrubs are going to be available over the next few days don't think this one is any better than the rest.

He's still a useful player. He showed last year he can contribute and be a pain in the butt in the NHL. It wouldn't be a huge loss, but a loss nonetheless. A loss for Hamilton if the Habs keep Bournival all year and Dumont gets claimed. Last year we lost Palushaj, different style player, but no better than Dumont overall...that hurt the Bulldogs.

Analyzer*

He's still a useful player. He showed last year he can contribute and be a pain in the butt in the NHL. It wouldn't be a huge loss, but a loss nonetheless. A loss for Hamilton if the Habs keep Bournival all year and Dumont gets claimed. Last year we lost Palushaj, different style player, but no better than Dumont overall...that hurt the Bulldogs.

Had we not lost Palushaj, we might have won... an extra 1, or 2 games. Habs can pick up a player, then try to send that player down themselves if they really want to.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think Dumont being claimed would be good for us. Gives us a contract spot and lets Leblanc be our first call up. Long term I'm just not sure we're ever going to have room for a 5'6 guy on the fourth line. Put in a claim for Jim O'Brien to be our press box hero who can step in when White is injured/suspended.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Had we not lost Palushaj, we might have won... an extra 1, or 2 games. Habs can pick up a player, then try to send that player down themselves if they really want to.

Palushaj would have been a big help in Hamilton.

You can't claim a guy then send him down, you have to offer him back to the original team. Had Colorado cut Palushaj we could have had him back in Hamilton as long as other clubs after Colorado pass on him.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Anybody else hoping for a Prust-Bournival-Parros line on Tuesday?

I do like this 4th line, but sitting White and Moen pisses me off. I'm really surprised that Bournival wasn't sent down, man we have too many players. Also, I would've love to see how well he was playing in the AHL with a more important role than last year. Oh well.

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
I want to see this line up:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Briere - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Eller
Moen - Bournival - Prust
White
Parros

Markov - Gorges
Tinordi - Subban
Bouillon - Diaz
Murray
Emelin

Price
Budaj

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Anybody else hoping for a Prust-Bournival-Parros line on Tuesday?

I don't think Bournival will be playing the first game. I think Therrien will play White to add some toughness since we are playing the Leafs.

Remember that Gallagher didn't play the first game last year either.

Lionel Mandrake

I don't think Bournival will be playing the first game. I think Therrien will play White to add some toughness since we are playing the Leafs.

I agree. I also think Tinordi will sit if Murray is ready to go.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON

Maclaren, Fraser, Clarkson are out. You only need Parros to counter Orr.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I like how at the end of last year, Dumont was a great energy guy and a lock for our fourth line...but one average camp and the emergence of Bournival has turned him into human garbage who we can only pray gets picked up off waivers.

I'm happy for Bournival, and hopefully Dumont passes through waivers so he can help Hamilton. Not that I'm a huge Dumont fan but I just don't like the idea of losing something for nothing. He can still help the organization.

The advantage, of course, is that there are a lot of "Gabriel Dumont" types on waivers this time of year. So in theory, we should be fine.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I like how at the end of last year, Dumont was a great energy guy and a lock for our fourth line...but one average camp and the emergence of Bournival has turned him into human garbage who we can only pray gets picked up off waivers.

I'm happy for Bournival, and hopefully Dumont passes through waivers so he can help Hamilton. Not that I'm a huge Dumont fan but I just don't like the idea of losing something for nothing. He can still help the organization.

The advantage, of course, is that there are a lot of "Gabriel Dumont" types on waivers this time of year. So in theory, we should be fine.

This post is too level-headed for Hfboards. I think you need to leave.

That aside, I don't want to lose Dumont for nothing, but I think he's a redundant piece long term unless the make-up of the forwards is changed. He's good depth though.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Am I the only one who thinks Gorges is by far our best option for playing the right side. I actually thinks he's better on the right side than on the left. And it would fix a big problem of having Bouillon, Tinordi or Murray playing on the right.

Gorges-Markov
Subban-Tinordi
Diaz-Murray
Bouillon

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Am I the only one who thinks Gorges is by far our best option for playing the right side. I actually thinks he's better on the right side than on the left. And it would fix a big problem of having Bouillon, Tinordi or Murray playing on the right.

Gorges-Markov
Subban-Tinordi
Diaz-Murray
Bouillon

Markov-Gorges
Tinordi-Subban
Murray-Diaz
Bouillon

FTFY

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Sitting Tinordi would be a bad idea, just send him down in that case.

They probably can't until Drewiske is ready(2-3 weeks) as they only have 7 d-men...but I doubt he sits every game, might split it 50-50 with Murray or something.

Good for both of them, I just hope they don't spend most of the season sitting in the press box.

I don't think they will, maybe a game here and there but if they are not playing 75-80% of games they won't be here.

This post is too level-headed for Hfboards. I think you need to leave.

That aside, I don't want to lose Dumont for nothing, but I think he's a redundant piece long term unless the make-up of the forwards is changed. He's good depth though.

He's good depth and a good player for Hamilton, we saw last year what happens when you have a young team and not enough veteran help.

Gorges-Markov
Subban-Tinordi
Diaz-Murray
Bouillon

Not a bad idea at all until Emelin is back.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 37s Curious to see if #Habs Gabriel Dumont survives waivers. Young, useful player on a very cheap contract could be enticing to cap crunch teams

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If you don't have a strong opinion on Dumont one way or the other, then why even bother talking about him? Why not just keep your mouth shut?

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
They probably can't until Drewiske is ready(2-3 weeks) as they only have 7 d-men...but I doubt he sits every game, might split it 50-50 with Murray or something.

I don't think they will, maybe a game here and there but if they are not playing 75-80% of games they won't be here.

He's good depth and a good player for Hamilton, we saw last year what happens when you have a young team and not enough veteran help.

Not a bad idea at all until Emelin is back.

Even when Emelin comes back...

Gorges-Markov
Subban-Tinordi
Diaz-Emelin

Murray in for Tinordi if the kid needs more time in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad