Tinordi and Bournival make the Habs!

onemorecup*

Wait.. what?? Is'nt frolik an underachieving 1st rounder?

Even if I'm wrong , I just dont get the comparison..

Anyways .. great news! Tinordi has no business in the AHL, Bournival has been really impressive, let's wait and see!

Frolik was solid with the Hawks unless you didnt watch the playoffs

he played hard , killed penalties , made good plays , sold defensively

WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO HAVE HIM ON THE THIRD LINE IN A HABS UNIFORM

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Frolik was solid with the Hawks unless you didnt watch the playoffs

he played hard , killed penalties , made good plays , sold defensively

WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO HAVE HIM ON THE THIRD LINE IN A HABS UNIFORM

Quit yelling, I'm trying to sleep here.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
He's had more years as an invisible man than he's had as a "solid" player. He is excessively high maintenance. If he comes out of the gate at full throttle, no one is going to complain.

And his 21 points in 65 games with us is the lowest production of his career on top of the fact that he disappears for stretches and he's a borderline defensive liability if he's not out there with two of our best 2-way forwards in Pleks and Gionta. I don't know how much hockey people watch outside of Habs games, but it's obvious that the ones who only watch the Habs are starved for anyone 6'2"+ with a heart beat - doubly so if his name is French.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I see in Bournival a player that tries to make something happen every time he has a shift on the ice. I might be wrong about him but who cares, he is exciting, Eller needs to be more lik zis.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I think Bournival is turning into a very valuable and versatile forward that can pretty well play in any role. More or less a less offensive Tomas Plekanec.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
All along I've wanted at least one rookie to make the team. It's down to only two prospects for now. I'd like both of them to stay. Despite the Habs' losing record against other NHL teams in the preseason there are encouraging signs.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
We have to be careful as to not raise our expectations too high about Bournival. The kid hasn't played a single NHL game yet, and some people are putting him on the second line? Give him a chance to succeed and work his way up first.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
We have to be careful as to not raise our expectations too high about Bournival. The kid hasn't played a single NHL game yet, and some people are putting him on the second line? Give him a chance to succeed and work his way up first.

Bournival could be a replacement for either galchenyuk or gallagher if any of those two suffer a deep sophomore jynx. Young for young. Bournival is stepping up, i'm impressed.

Johnny B Good

Sep 21, 2011
Can Galchenyuk get sent down to Hamilton? And if not, why cant he? Asking for the sake of understanding waivers 100%

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Pacioretty Desharnais Briere
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Moen Prust Parros

White / Bournival

Gorges Subban
Markov Tinordi
Murray Diaz <--- Murray will need a guy with foot speed. Good shutdown and mobile dman.

Boullion

Price
Budaj

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Can Galchenyuk get sent down to Hamilton? And if not, why cant he? Asking for the sake of understanding waivers 100%

Waivers aren't an issue with him, I'd suppose. Just checked capgeek to double check, and: "All ELCs are two-way contracts and can be extended by as many as two seasons..."

Guys like Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Bournival, Tinordi, Pateryn, etc are all on entry level contracts, so shouldn't be subject to waivers. Dumont, Tokarski, Blunden, Tarnasky, etc, however, aren't, so they are... if that made sense, lol. o7

void

Jan 5, 2006

He's too young for Hamilton. He'll go back to juniors if they cut him (no waivers).

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

There are quite a few more talented young players on the team though (Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher), which should take the pressure of Bournival and just allow him to play his game.

hogtownhabsfan*

Bournival to me is what Leblanc should have been. A top 9 forward who can compliment a scoring line or star on a checking line. Too bad Leblanc doesn't play with the urgency or pace that Bournival does...

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Bournival to me is what Leblanc should have been. A top 9 forward who can compliment a scoring line or star on a checking line. Too bad Leblanc doesn't play with the urgency or pace that Bournival does...

I swear I was just thinking the exact same thing. Let's hope Leblanc can still manage to find his game and a place within the team.

Last edited:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

He was that. He played with Plekanec, for that matter. He just stopped being that, so it'd be nice to see him back on track.

I swear I was just thinking the exact same thing. Let's hope Leblanc can still manage to find his game and a place within the team.

Like I suggested before, you weren't just think it, you were remembering it.

PricePkPatch*

To make place for both of them, Villeneuve & Fournier speculated that Hudon might be waived or Diaz trade.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
To make place for both of them, Villeneuve & Fournier speculated that Hudon might be waived or Diaz trade.

Wtf does Hudon have to do with anything, he was already sent down to juniors

Also the Habs don't have to make any moves, to make place for Tinordi and Bournival, since Emelin and DD44 are going to be on the IR, those are the extra two spots for them.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Pacioretty Desharnais Briere
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Moen Prust Parros

White / Bournival

Gorges Subban
Markov Tinordi
Murray Diaz <--- Murray will need a guy with foot speed. Good shutdown and mobile dman.

Boullion

Price
Budaj

2 G, 7 D, 14 F. 23. Your realize that we have to demote a healthy Drewiske for this. Can't keep him on IR forever...

We can run with 14 F and 7D for now, because we are strong on D in Hamilton and can call a guy up who will be OK.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

You mean Dumont. Not Hudon.

Also, I really like Dumont, always have. If Jason Bourne beat him out of a spot, I am really impressed. Really happy this kid has done this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad