Tribute Timothy Liljegren part 2

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
To support that, pretty clear 3 year curve that has Liljegren seeing pretty standard "middle pair" / average competition this year

TOR 1920 Liljegren Quality of Teammates and Competition
TOR 2021 Liljegren Quality of Teammates and Competition

Last two years they definitely tried (and succeeded) to keep him away from the other team's top line

To this point this year, not so much
TOR 2122 Liljegren Quality of Teammates and Competition
I thought Liljegren spent too long in the AHL but holy shit. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Buds17 and Morgs

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Liljegren just laid out his body and took away the passing lane for what a been an easy tap in. Great read!!

Reactions: kb

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I was not too high on this guy... these past couple games have shown me there is lots of potential there. I like what he brings.

He is smart, reads the play well, can play physical when required and is a good passer. Seems to rarely get himself out of position.

I'd like to see more.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
If he comes out that’s an instant firing

Ship holl to the sun or get him a massage chair or something cuz he ain’t seeing professional hockey ice for a whike

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

Ship holl to the sun or get him a massage chair or something cuz he ain’t seeing professional hockey ice for a whike

Holl is okay when Muzzin is buzzin (sorry), but when he is not Holl cannot play in this league imo. He is so awkward, gets himself out of position and cannot get back... and is generaelly immobile. All the things Liljegren is not.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

TheFloater

May 25, 2008
Mississauga
It's funny how that has been his pattern all along. Speaks mostly to a confidence issue, or in Lily's case lack of it until he gets a good feeling for something, and then he excels at it.
Exactly, I agree. He seems like the kind of guy who needs consistency in order to find his groove and get in the zone where he can just react rather than think and hesitate. Show him consistency and he will show consistency in turn.

Reactions: kb

Holls Blackmail

“We’re not…how you say….pu*** boys here”
Oct 9, 2021
It's very satisfying to see so many people understanding TL's capability.

Most people have no idea how important this kid is to our championship hopes the next 3-4 years.

We've been looking internally for this type of RHD for 20+ years.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

I don’t think it is. The reality is you need 7 or 8 defenseman. We can’t trade Holl bc one of our defenseman are going to get banged up. I think they need to keep the internal competition high. Make guys fight for it. Keep rotating the right side and get guys to push each other

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I don’t think it is. The reality is you need 7 or 8 defenseman. We can’t trade Holl bc one of our defenseman are going to get banged up. I think they need to keep the internal competition high. Make guys fight for it. Keep rotating the right side and get guys to push each other
Well at the very least, Liljegren has earned the next game. We can go game by game I guess, no problem. But in my opinion I think he’s pulled away from the rotating gallery spot into a proper #6 dman spot. Holl gotta work hard to outplay dermott or pray for Liljegren to suck or something cuz rn, I’m keeping Liljegren in

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
He and Sandin were *easily* the best two defenseman on the team tonight. Brodie was very good too, but Liljegren and Sandin were just flying.

53.2 xGF% (only Sandin higher for defenseman).
Moneypuck had them both over 60% xgf. Where did these stats come from?

Reactions: Morgs

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Excited to see Liljegren with Rielly tonight.

Glad to see many of the posters that wrote him off years ago suddenly get on board. The revisionist history is amusing.
There is nothing wrong with people changing their opinions. It’s much better than those who double down on their wrong opinions.

This place would be a bit less toxic if more people did and others could just accept it without mocking them for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad