Time to Sign Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

Trade him to sportsnet permanently for Kypreos. We need an enforcer, right ?

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
Theoretically, what happens if they can't sign him by camp? Can they not negotiate after that? Is he automatically forced to sit out the year or something?

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
No, they can reach an agreement anytime. (Kinda like Turris last year)

I don't know about that.

Traditionally for RFA's it was they had to sign by Dec.1 if they wanted to play but I have no idea what the rules will be for RFA's this year.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Don Meehan is Subban's agent, right?
(the greediest agent, no? *gulp*).

Wish it was possible to make the playoffs AND get a top 5 pick!!;) (without trading for it!).

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
1 or 2 years $4-5M, fine, whatever. They probably can't figure out the longer term deal in time, and if the Habs don't have the faith to go past the bridge term, fine, they'll probably end up paying for it down the road, but that's their call. Just do what it takes to get him in camp and ready to go.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They better sign him today or tomorrow. Just give him Gorges money for 2-3 years, why does it have to be more complicated?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Definitely a top priority.

I still say he comes in around 4-4.5M on a 4-5 year deal and about 3.5-4M on anything 2 yrs or less.

Myron Gaines*

He needs to be signed for a long-time, not sure why Bergevin would sign him short-term and risk him costing us much more in 2 years.

I don't understand either, but my only explanation is this: 'Cause Price didn't ge this long term contract right away.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They can't sign him until the CBA is ratified. Which is probably Tuesday.

Bah, just draft the piece of paper already, make him sign, then send the thing to the league after the CBA is ratified.. no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad