Time to Sign Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
On hockeycentral at noon john shannen said that they are 3M apart

PK wanting 6Mper on 5-6 year deal Habs offering 3M per on a 2 year deal.

if that is true he is friggin crazy, he's a good defenseman don't get me wrong but a 36 pts good (yes good not great) all-around d isn't worth 6M$. Sorry PK 4M$(per) max for 2years

Drive425

Jul 24, 2006
St Louis Du Haha
I can't believe the Habs are actually thinking they can lock up PK for 3M..
That would be a massive steal. I mean, I was guessing 4-4.5M, but 3M? And then they expect PK to effectively play up to 28min at times as their #1? Not to mention all the people he'll attract and money he'll be bringing the habs because of his marketability.
I would have no problem paying him 6M. I'd try to lower it to 5.25M, but I wouldn't risk starting the season without him over it.

6 million per is just too much to pay at this point in his career. We have a cap to manage remember? If you want to attract FA's then you need cap space to operate. MDZ understands that and it seems PK does not.:help:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
On hockeycentral at noon john shannen said that they are 3M apart

PK wanting 6Mper on 5-6 year deal Habs offering 3M per on a 2 year deal.

wow... if we are really offering 3M/per on a 2 year deal... it's going to be a long time before we see him in town.

that kind of lowballing was a hallmark of the Gainey approach to young players, I had hoped MB was more astute to the negative impact that can/will have on the player's emotional attachment to the club.

there's no way you can look at the player, statistically or game tape evaluation, and think he's only worth 3M$/year in the current NHL environment (even with the new CBA).

MB better not screw this one up... losing Subban or poorly managing this asset will set the team back for a long time.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I heard the same interview and I believe that was Jamie Benn they were talking about on those specific numbers. They said Dallas is offering $3/per and Benn is asking for $6/per.

It was all a part of the discussion about the top remaining UFAs and most of it was about Subban. But not to worry, those numbers weren't the Montreal situation.

It was about Subban, but Shannon said the ''stories'' of him wanting that, which is different than him saying that is what he's hearing.

At the 35 minute mark.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad