Time to Sign Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Well he can't play without a contract so ya something needs to get done before camp for him

Even if we don't have the most talented team, it will be fun to watch the habs lose this season.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, seems like a bad move from Subban to hold out. He'll probably get a max of $4M now with the lowered salary cap.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I don't think he was holding out about the money - he was after a long term contract and more years than the Habs were offering.

Anyways - he won't be in camp until a deal is done so this needs to be Bergevin's #1 priority. I would like to assume that he was already meeting with PK's agent during the lockout and it will just be a matter of signing the dotted line when the new CBA is finalized.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm sure there will be a flurry of signings and trades the second the CBA is ratified. GMs will probably start making calls today and work through the season on filling out and switching around their roster.

Good news is they have 2 compliance buyouts over the next 2 years to help out with. Should be a lot of FAs out there.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I love the posters who insist that Bergevin needs to make this 'priority #1' as if they can actually envision a scenario where PK's agent keeps calling Bergevin but he can't be bothered to answer because he's too busy trying to find a better glass replacement crew or something.

Halifaxhab*

I'm sure there will be a flurry of signings and trades the second the CBA is ratified. GMs will probably start making calls today and work through the season on filling out and switching around their roster.

Good news is they have 2 compliance buyouts over the next 2 years to help out with. Should be a lot of FAs out there.

Ahem....Gomez...:D

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Look who's back :yo:

So much for "I'm done with the NHL"!
I am in the sense that I won't be buying tickets, merch, or anything that supports the NHL financially for at least this year, maybe longer.

But the Spengler Cup and World Juniors has me too hyped up on hockey. Had a deal not happened within days of that ending, I may have sung a different tune.

Also doesn't help that I can't see my Wolves play (they used to show the Championship on SportsNet World online but not anymore) and they are probably going to get relegated even further - so I can't really watch Football to take hockey's place like I planned.

Apr 28, 2010
Yes. Definitely time to sign PK. Yes, he gives us headaches sometimes but It'll hurt us more/come back to bite us if we get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad