Time to sell-off Simmonds, Voracek, Giroux to the highest bidder

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There isn’t a perfect coach who doesn’t do dumb things. Even the best do dumb things that piss the fans off (Babcock, Sullivan, Lavi, Cooper, etc.) those guys just don’t do it as frequent as the bad coaches & have other redeeming qualities to them. Hakstol not only does dumb shit at a high rate he has no other reedming qualities to him either.

I would take Jon Cooper as the coach of this team everyday of the week & twice on Sunday's. Unfortunately Tampa Bay has bounced back this year like most expected so there’s no chance of him being available.

I don’t know if Hextall willingly picked him over Hakstol at the WC’s or if that call was made by someone else but he is not a a dinosaur like Hextall has typically hired here so far.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I'm a bit nervous with Hextall when comes to Simmonds. I think given Hextall's perceived value of leadership and being a veteran he might just re-sign Simmonds. GMs stating that Simmonds is a five tool player confirms exactly what I and others believe, that GMs over value players of his ilk.

If he gets traded at 50% retained he's going to bring back a haul.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magua

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm a bit nervous with Hextall when comes to Simmonds. I think given Hextall's perceived value of leadership and being a veteran he might just re-sign Simmonds. GMs stating that Simmonds is a five tool player confirms exactly what I and others believe, that GMs over value his players of his ilk.

If he gets traded at 50% retained he's going to bring back a haul.

If they keep tanking I think it’s certainly plausible. I think Simmonds could leverage a younger NHL player in a deal so that might add on to it.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
A side effect of tanking is that it really could force Hextall to pull the trigger on the Simmonds trade he might not have (wouldn’t have!) if they were a bubble team. He might’ve thought they’re close enough in the next year or two where he can’t let him go.

All I know is I hope the pro scouts don’t get their hands on this trade. The less NHL games played the better, so the amateur scouts have a bigger say.

Reactions: Rebels57

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Fire Hak.

To CBJ: Wayne Simmonds and Val Filpula both at 50% retained
To PHI: Boone Jenner, Pierre Luc Dubois, and a 1st

To BUF: Voracek
To PHI: Ryan O'Reilly and Sam Reinhart

Keep Giroux

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
If they keep tanking I think it’s certainly plausible. I think Simmonds could leverage a younger NHL player in a deal so that might add on to it.
Best scenario would be package of Simmonds for a prime asset. You know they get quantity and we get quality. Bonus would be if it were from a contender Seguin style.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
What incentive to CBJ and Buffalo have to do those deals?
Columbus is in win now mode and they have a much better chance of winning this year with simmer and filp than Boone Jenner and PLD. Buffalo would get a highly skilled player to play with eichel. But I agree the buf trade might be a little out there.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I mean I’d do the first one. Columbus wouldn’t ever :laugh:

The second one just goes to show the lengths people will go to irrationally hate Jake. He has twice the points of ROR. ROR only makes 750k less than Jake and can barely hit 55-60. Jake hits 60 in down years. O’Reilly will never live up to his contract. Jake can.....is. He is turning 27, is a poor 5v5 scorer and his metrics aren’t so hot, and he’s not a guy I want to bet on with his skating for 5 more years. I like him, but he’s grossly overpaid and overrated. What is the point of trading Jake for him and Reinhart? It’s two middle 6 wingers (though ROR switches), one aging and the other plateauing and both underperforming currently, for a top 10 scorer for a team that needs quality. Besides Buffalo needs defense.

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I think the Sabers hold onto RoR. its a tough contract to move anyway.
They probably get a good haul for Kane

Kane I think will always have diminished value at this point. I think he's like the opposite of Simmonds in the eyes of GMs and really don't see it changing given all of his past. I'd imagine re-signing him might be pretty pricey and he's obviously a guy that Hextall will stay away from if he did hit UFA.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Kane I think will always have diminished value at this point. I think he's like the opposite of Simmonds in the eyes of GMs and really don't see it changing given all of his past. I'd imagine re-signing him might be pretty pricey and he's obviously a guy that Hextall will stay away from if he did hit UFA.

Oh there is little doubt that Simmonds would bring back quite a bit more than Kane if they are both up for trading later in the winter. But i think someone will overpay for him. There are some pretty dumb GMs out there

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I mean I’d do the first one. Columbus wouldn’t ever :laugh:

The second one just goes to show the lengths people will go to irrationally hate Jake. He has twice the points of ROR. ROR only makes 750k less than Jake and can barely hit 55-60. Jake hits 60 in down years. O’Reilly will never live up to his contract. Jake can.....is. He is turning 27, is a poor 5v5 scorer and his metrics aren’t so hot, and he’s not a guy I want to bet on with his skating for 5 more years. I like him, but he’s grossly overpaid and overrated. What is the point of trading Jake for him and Reinhart? It’s two middle 6 wingers (though ROR switches), one aging and the other plateauing and both underperforming currently, for a top 10 scorer for a team that needs quality. Besides Buffalo needs defense.
And you wonder why a GM might not respect the fans enough to be transparent and honest with them... :laugh:

For every one person who really knows what they're talking about, there's 50,000 who have no f***ing clue. And they're the most vocal ones.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I’d trade Simmonds in a heartbeat. He’s offered nothing this season and his value decreases by the second. I don’t want to re-sign him and we’d get something close to a Kings ransom now.

It makes so much sense that it’s insane we haven’t done it yet. This season is over, so get what we can.

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
I’d trade Simmonds in a heartbeat. He’s offered nothing this season and his value decreases by the second. I don’t want to re-sign him and we’d get something close to a Kings ransom now.

It makes so much sense that it’s insane we haven’t done it yet. This season is over, so get what we can.

He's also playing hurt, there is no way I'm trading Simmonds, he plays with most heart, stands up for teammates, scores, fights in the corners, gets back on defense and leads by example with his work ethic... No frigg'in way I'm moving him because this coaching staff has it's head up its arse. Hextall needs to make a move that solidifies the 2nd line and if a coaching move is part of that he needs to have the gonads to do it!!

Reactions: Rebels57

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So supposedly they mentioned Simmonds potentially being available on HNIC tonight? Perhaps it was just speculation. But I read that a GM interviewed said he is Philly's most valuable tradable asset, and that he's a 5-tool player.
And Hak is a one tool fool...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This so called leadership core needs to be looked at .....no doubt.

The thing is that though really only four players worth a damn have been here long enough in Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, & Simmonds. As a whole on the season so far I’d say 3/4 of them have been good. The top line is really the only reason we actually score some goals. Ironically the guy playing the worst to this point in the season in Simmonds makes the most sense to look at a trade given his age, trade value, upcoming, contract situation, etc.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
There are only 3 or 4 assets in the entire org (including this year’s first) where I wouldn’t listen to reasonable offers and/or counter. Most I doubt you get enough value to move, but you can make it clear your ears are open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad