Time to hit the panic button?

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I think missing Dubi is a really big deal and I don't disagree that he's among the most important guys on the team. But I don't take that to mean it exposes Joey- who also is very important

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I think missing Dubi is a really big deal and I don't disagree that he's among the most important guys on the team. But I don't take that to mean it exposes Joey- who also is very important

As important Dubi is on the front end, Tyutin is on the back end.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Exactly, having Dubinsky just lets Johansen be more effective, and let's him not have to play close to 20 minutes a game. Johansen is still facing teams best opposition, winning 50%+ of his faceoffs and still driving play towards the offensive zone and still scoring more then he did last year. What more do you need from him? Should he be +10right now or something?! Johansen is a beast but he's not superman.

Our success last year was because we had 4 lines contributing offensively and defensively. You know that saying offense is the best defense was a big part of our success last season. Points were being generated from the defense. When you have most of the offense only coming from one line it's very easy to stop any kind of offensive momentum we might gain. The biggest problem we've had this season is maintaining pressure in the offensive zone which comes from missing Dubinsky and Letestu.

distinctkickgmotion

Nov 18, 2014
Vic Village
This season is too big of a train wreck at this point to debate. From the Joey situation to Jarmo not re-signing Dmac, Comeau and going to the waiver wire well, to all the injuries in training camp, no Horton, then all the injuries in October, JJ's situation - the hits just keep on coming.
All the momentum we built at the end of last season is gone. IMO the reason we have not been able to stay around .500 is the blueline and the 4th line. Without Tyuts and Murray, the other guys get exposed. The 4th line has been totally ineffective and more of a liability than an asset.

I have no point other than there is blame / excuses to be made everywhere. Pinpointing a cause is futile at this point. Just drink heavily on game days and hope we can get healthy and sneak into the playoffs and make some noise:)

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Not underrated at all.... everyone knows his value... Erixon is underrated..

lol. Erixon is probably the most overrated player on these boards.

I agree with the others. Tyutin is easily the most underrated CBJ defenseman. It's not even close, IMO.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So how many days until the draft?!

In all seriousness though I'm already looking forward to the trade deadline, I see us making a move for the future, whether we are buyers or sellers I have a feeling we'll be active.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
It's still early, right?

Season was over weeks ago and those grasping at the idea that this might be turned around are hilarious

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
yes it is time to hit the panic button

the fans see this season being flushed down the toilet

to the Jackets it is still early:shakehead

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Alfred-600-me-worry.jpg

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nah. Panic button was a long time ago. It's over. They need to get to 36 wins to even sniff a chance. That's too steep of a hill to climb even in the East.

silver89

Nov 25, 2013
Sweden
My heart wouldn't be able to take another loss like this so if we lose against the Canucks, I too, will press the panic button. :cry:

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I've pressed the acceptance button. This team stinks, and once again, we are out of it by Thanksgiving.

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
So how many days until the draft?!

In all seriousness though I'm already looking forward to the trade deadline, I see us making a move for the future, whether we are buyers or sellers I have a feeling we'll be active.

I was really looking forward to the trade deadline LAST season... You know, where we GAVE AWAY Gaborik and got LA trash in return...

... Still haven't picked up a player to make up for that loss of talent...

... I have no faith in this front office to make a good move

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
This is pretty much where I'm at. Blame whoever or whatever you want, but this team is what it is - bad.

I pressed the panic button a long time ago and this season is now shot. But as bad as this season will go down, I don't believe this is a bad team. Or at least it's not an irretrievably bad team like the bad teams we've had in the past. It's just a terribly injured team. The Islanders comparison is a to my mind the best one, although they didn't have a Horton-type situation.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I pressed the panic button a long time ago and this season is now shot. But as bad as this season will go down, I don't believe this is a bad team. Or at least it's not an irretrievably bad team like the bad teams we've had in the past. It's just a terribly injured team. The Islanders comparison is a to my mind the best one, although they didn't have a Horton-type situation.

Not bad, just broken.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nah. Panic button was a long time ago. It's over. They need to get to 36 wins to even sniff a chance. That's too steep of a hill to climb even in the East.

Alright I am coming off this.

As bad as it looks and as bad as it is right now, and as bad as the odds are against us. The division is literally handing us a chance to get out of this.

The Caps, Rangers, Devils, Flyers, and Hurricanes are all slumping. I feel the majority here feel we are better than the Hurricanes and Flyers right? So say we win the rest of our games against these guys, and I am sure a few think we are better than Jersey (I do) and we can beat them in the games we have against them. We'd be right there assuming we can hold serve on the rest of our schedule.

Yes it's bad. Our record sucks and they're not playing well. But this isn't over. Say we win both games this weekend and then beat Florida (A 3 game win streak) that would put us likely down 4 points to the 3rd place spot.Which is entirely doable. Then we should get Dubinsky back and later Letestu.

Next 10 games

Washington (22 PTS) (NYI, @TOR, VAN, @CAR, @NJ, @TB, CBJ, TB, @FLA, @CBJ)

NYR (22 PTS) (@PHI, PHI, TB, @DET, PIT, @VAN, @EDM, @CGY, @CAR, CAR)

New Jersey (21 PTS) (DET, @NYI, @PIT, @TOR, WSH, @CAR, CHI, @PHI, @DAL, @NYI)

Philly (19 PTS) (NYR, @NYR, @SJ, @ANA, @LA, @CBJ, NJ, CAR, TB, FLA)

Carolina (15 PTS) (@PIT, PIT, NSH, WSH, DET, NJ, @TB, @PHI, @MTL, TOR)

And finally. Us

CBJ (14 PTS) (VAN, @NSH, FLA, @FLA, @TB, PHI, @WSH, PIT, @DET, WSH)

Philly, Jersey, Rangers, and Washington are all on the road for a pretty significant time. Including the California trip for Philly. We are split 5/5 with our home and road games, but our road games are pretty tough in Nashville, Tampa, and Detroit. We need to take two of those, and take care of Florida both times.

We're still in this. But we're going to need a hell of a run in the next 10-15 games and some help. This is going to sound weird because the guy posting this has a baghead for an avatar, and because I said what I said in the previous GDT and the quoted post above. But I am flipping back towards the optimistic side. We're not done.

silver89

Nov 25, 2013
Sweden
Alright I am coming off this.

As bad as it looks and as bad as it is right now, and as bad as the odds are against us. The division is literally handing us a chance to get out of this.

I just woke up and checked livescore to see the results last night and I was coming on here to post this exact thing.

The teams are literally as you said giving us a chance and suddenly it does not look THAT bad. :handclap:

We can do this.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I agree the Division looks pretty easy right now. But I have seen nothing that suggests this team is ready for a run as long as a three game win streak. Sorry, just don't see it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad