Sportsnet: Time for the Flyers to listen on offers for Giroux?

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Traded for Galchenyuk.

BOOOKKK It.

Actually it makes a lot of sense for both teams. The Habs take on a player that fits within their core's age and the Flyers do too all while having a cost controlled asset.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
For those who don't feel like reading the article, there's nothing in it that suggests Hextall actually is listening to trade offers for G; it's a report that Sam Carchidi thinks that he should. Given Sammy's record, Hexy probably hangs up the second he hears G's name on the phone.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Nowhere in there does it say the Flyers are "listening on Giroux".

Carchidi also suggests trading away either Steve Mason or Michal Neuvirth (both UFAs) to Edmonton, giving the Oilers a more seasoned backup for Cam Talbot.

Anthony Stolarz is positioned to be the goalie of the future in Philly, so Hextall must make a move at some point in order to protect the prospect from the expansion draft.

The writer goes so far as to argue that Hextall listen to offers on his core players, namely captain Claude Giroux.

"Maybe Giroux is playing injured, though he denies it. Maybe past injures, including a concussion, have just taken a toll. Maybe he just needs big wingers by his side - he was at his best when he played between Scott Hartnell and Jaromir Jagr - to give him more skating room," writes Carchidi of the slumping centre.

That sounds like a beat writer arguing that Hextall should listen on offers. Not Sportsnet reporting that they are.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Yeah, I was just about to post the same. It's one of the hack writers in Philly saying he thinks they should listen to offers and that's it.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Traded for Galchenyuk.

BOOOKKK It.

Actually it makes a lot of sense for both teams. The Habs take on a player that fits within their core's age and the Flyers do too all while having a cost controlled asset.

While I don't like giving up Galchenyuk, this is very interesting.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Traded for Galchenyuk.

BOOOKKK It.

I don't see how that fixes Montreal's problem. If they give up Pleks and prospects then that makes sense....but losing Galchenyuk for Giroux seems like a lateral move at best at the moment. He's struggled this year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Asking price for Shattenkirk is "A high-end prospect, a first-round pick and another piece"

:laugh:

The Penguins should keep Fleury unless they get offered "a solid No. 2 goalie plus a first-round draft pick"

:laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
"Philly.com's Sam Carchidi says it's time for GM Ron Hextall to sell his wares."

"The writer goes so far as to argue that Hextall listen to offers on his core players, namely captain Claude Giroux."

No where does it say the Flyers ARE listen to offers on G. They entire article is about Carchidi saying he THINKS Hextall should start listening.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
I would change the title, this was an opinion based article then an actual rumour.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
This thread seems like clickbait. No real substance to any Giroux rumors

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Hextall should listen to offers though. If the Canadiens are willing to offer Galchenyuk and Sergachev, I'd put Giroux on a plane tonight.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I am a Flyer's fan and yes we should trade Roo...if we can get a decent young prospect to match our up and coming young d man prospects as we rebuild, then by all means pull the trigger....Love Girioux but he does not fit so well in our continuing rebuild.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Would be really smart for the Flyers to sell on Giroux right now before his value drops any further. His decline is starting to be reminiscent of Staal. Yea there's the odd chance he's just having an off year, but he's already being paid market value so his worth as an asset has already peaked, IMO.

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
It always starts in the press first...did with Lindros...then Richards and Carter.

Did anyone think Richards and Carter were going to be traded st the same time when they both had 10+ year contracts signed? First all the stories of their partying made their way to the press, then they were traded.

Giroux won't finish his career with the Flyers.

Mad Brills*

galchenyuk for giroux is totally the weber/subban lite version right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad