Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
just telling you, hes been trying to get one and didnt get it. its not like they didnt try. hes a very good player, but just not sure hes a top 20 talent in the draft. i think vandenburg could be a bit better to be honest, more consistent work ethic, hard to play againtst, skill is a bit lighter but he plays way heavier. bray is very good just tiny.

I don't disbelieve you, but am surprised that he could not get one as he is good enough to land somewhere in the USHL/BCHL.

Out of all the tenders, who do you see actually coming to the OHL. For me, I'm pretty confident Fitzgerald will sign with the Petes and Valentini with Brampton but who else? I'm really curious about Croskery, as I was told by someone in the know that he has family up in the Soo and it's 50/50 if he will play for the Steel or the Hounds. So there is a real possibility that the Steel lose both their tenders.

I'm also starting to believe that Hage may indeed sign with the Petes, Gold package or no Gold package aside, and that would be a very, very good draft for this organization.

Reactions: Section5Petes

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I don't disbelieve you, but am surprised that he could not get one as he is good enough to land somewhere in the USHL/BCHL.

Out of all the tenders, who do you see actually coming to the OHL. For me, I'm pretty confident Fitzgerald will sign with the Petes and Valentini with Brampton but who else? I'm really curious about Croskery, as I was told by someone in the know that he has family up in the Soo and it's 50/50 if he will play for the Steel or the Hounds. So there is a real possibility that the Steel lose both their tenders.

I'm also starting to believe that Hage may indeed sign with the Petes, Gold package or no Gold package aside, and that would be a very, very good draft for this organization.
i dont think the ohl/ushl think hes as good as some fans and the one twitter guy seem to think he is, thats all. hes a borderline gold package guy for me, if i have 4 already and will get 5 with fitzgerald, hes not with signing to that package if it means in a year i have zero room for a 1st round pick in 3 years.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
i dont think the ohl/ushl think hes as good as some fans and the one twitter guy seem to think he is, thats all. hes a borderline gold package guy for me, if i have 4 already and will get 5 with fitzgerald, hes not with signing to that package if it means in a year i have zero room for a 1st round pick in 3 years.
Do you get the gold package slot back when someone signs an ELC?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

It’s been discussed as though that is the case, but I thought it was just the obligation to pay that went away and the gold package slot was tied up for four years.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
no, it goes away, so your banking on someone elses actions, what happens if someone drafts cameron and already has 49/50 contract slots. i dont see addy or young being those guys either. taylor well see. is he really worth the lack or flexibility? for me not so much but i just watched him all year lol.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
You've spent about 15 posts now letting everyone how you feel about Hage's relative worth, we all get it, you can probably give it a rest now.

Reactions: Petes

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
@OHL4Life as Ted Lasso says "I appreciate you".
Thanks very much for your insight!

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I just want to give a massive shout out to Gowan.

When all the talk on here is about kids who may or may not report to the Petes- we have overlooked this lad.

He said there is no other option for him, he wants to be a Pete.

None of this “I may report I may not” nonsense- he actually WANTS to be a Pete.

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Inching closer to the USHL draft… I could be reading into this a little bit too much but doesn’t the Fitzgerald recruitment get a lot tougher if he isn’t signed before then?

I swear I read or heard somewhere that Green Bay would get there first round pick back if he signed with the Petes before the start of the draft.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Inching closer to the USHL draft… I could be reading into this a little bit too much but doesn’t the Fitzgerald recruitment get a lot tougher if he isn’t signed before then?

I swear I read or heard somewhere that Green Bay would get there first round pick back if he signed with the Petes before the start of the draft.

The USHL certainly loves to attract young elite talent, especially for marketing purposes, but their phase two draft is really considered their most important. This is where they acquire the bulk of their roster and they are keen to draft/sign players immediately ready to play.

I'm sure G.B. would love to have Fitzgerald but the pick isn't as important to them as say the pick is to Peterborough. A player like him is only expected to play two years in the league and be playing college hockey by the time he is 18.

I'm still saying Fitz signs with Peterborough as I just can't see why a young home town talent would want to play several hundred miles away from home. The Petes are an outstanding organization so it's not like there is a question of development issues.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
LETS GO!!!!
1714861365203.png
1714861337165.png

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Cameron, McCallum, Taylor, Addy, Young, Fitzgerald, Cadorin, Strohack, Ladds, Turcotte, Gowan, Ula?, Hage?

Future core looking super solid.
The Petes are indeed looking really strong for the future. With their young players they are strong at centre with McCallum, Fitzgerald, Partridge, Turcotte and potentially Hage. Left wing I will be a strength with Taylor, Young and Cadorin. They have two good young right wingers with Addy and Lee but need to add another. Maybe they take a right winger in the Import draft. The defence is coming together with Cameron, Ladds, Strohack, Woulds, Gowan and potentially Ula (who I think will sign with the Petes). In goal they have Rye and Johnston. There are many who put our veteran players do own. They will be key in mentoring the young players. Melee, MacIntyre and Page will contribute offensively. Matijicek and possibly Haley will mentor the young defence. In goal going into next season hopefully Bowen can become a starting goaltender if not they will keep Stzuska instead of trading him. I think the Petes have a good foundation for another potential OHL Championship team.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
The Petes are indeed looking really strong for the future. With their young players they are strong at centre with McCallum, Fitzgerald, Partridge, Turcotte and potentially Hage. Left wing I will be a strength with Taylor, Young and Cadorin. They have two good young right wingers with Addy and Lee but need to add another. Maybe they take a right winger in the Import draft. The defence is coming together with Cameron, Ladds, Strohack, Woulds, Gowan and potentially Ula (who I think will sign with the Petes). In goal they have Rye and Johnston. There are many who put our veteran players do own. They will be key in mentoring the young players. Melee, MacIntyre and Page will contribute offensively. Matijicek and possibly Haley will mentor the young defence. In goal going into next season hopefully Bowen can become a starting goaltender if not they will keep Stzuska instead of trading him. I think the Petes have a good foundation for another potential OHL Championship team.
In 2 years you guys will be making a big run.

Next year you’ll be decent and prob get somewhere between the 5-8 seed.

Wayyyyy too early prediction but 2 years down the line Pete’s and spits final- calling it now lol

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
In 2 years you guys will be making a big run.

Next year you’ll be decent and prob get somewhere between the 5-8 seed.

Wayyyyy too early prediction but 2 years down the line Pete’s and spits final- calling it now lol
I think the Petes will more likely make it to the OHL final in three years when the 2007 born players are 19. They will win a round or two in two years but are likely a year away from being a contender for the League Champion. My prediction is they will play London in the final in 2027 and will win the OHL for third time (they are 2-0 against them in the OHL final) over the Knights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zebra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad