Rumor: Tim Thomas

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
this is driving me insane! i cant wait to see how this plays out!my picks- 1.thomas
2.halak(not likely)
3.emery(sounds like he is going to resign w\chicago)
4.khudobin

and PLEASE GOD-NO NABOKOV(painfully ordinary-sucked in playoffs!!!)

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
i was just watching nhl tonight and they were bustin balls about us having 21 goalies in the last 15 years. that is CRAYZEE! As and elite team, What the hell is wrong with us.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
i was just watching nhl tonight and they were bustin balls about us having 21 goalies in the last 15 years. that is CRAYZEE! As and elite team, What the hell is wrong with us.

That's a little misleading though they listed guys like Johan Backlund (2GP), Maxime Ouellet (2GP), Neil Little (2GP), Jeremy Duchesne (1GP), Martin Houle (1GP), & Jean-Marc Pelletier (1GP).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That's a little misleading though they listed guys like Johan Backlund (2GP), Maxime Ouellet (2GP), Neil Little (2GP), Jeremy Duchesne (1GP), Martin Houle (1GP), & Jean-Marc Pelletier (1GP).

My Houle jersey is still framed and hanging over my bed so it's the last thing I see at night and the first thing I see in the morning.

Joking aside, Houle didn't even play one game. I think he played a few minutes and put up some hilarious stats.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
My Houle jersey is still framed and hanging over my bed so it's the last thing I see at night and the first thing I see in the morning.

Joking aside, Houle didn't even play one game. I think he played a few minutes and put up some hilarious stats.

Yeah most of these guys were call-up's to fill in for injuries. I don't think it's really fair to list them. I mean 15 is still a crazy number in it's self.

SgtJoseph*

I watched that too..........Perhaps Jeff Reese needs to be looked at ? Don't know the man, but I see FLAWS in Flyers goalie positioning, especially at bad angles.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
I watched that too..........Perhaps Jeff Reese needs to be looked at ? Don't know the man, but I see FLAWS in Flyers goalie positioning, especially at bad angles.

He hasn't had much to work with over the years. Biron was a pretty decent starter, Emery got hurt, MFL and Boucher for a while, Bob was very promising but he was traded, then the whole Bryz thing, then we get Mason who is very skilled and has a lot to offer. We only got 7 games, but he looked very good and he seems to enjoy working with Reese.

BrimFullofAsham45

Dec 22, 2002
21 in fifteen years REALLY is not that many goalies. Especially when you consider the guys that have only played a handful of games. I mean, for god sakes Hextall is on that list. They are really reaching there.

For sure, there are teams that have played at least ten more goalies in that time span.

Though now that I think about it, the number of times we've reacquired Michael F. Leighton and Brian Boucher probably contributes to the illusion.

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
21 in fifteen years REALLY is not that many goalies. Especially when you consider the guys that have only played a handful of games. I mean, for god sakes Hextall is on that list. They are really reaching there.

For sure, there are teams that have played at least ten more goalies in that time span.

Though now that I think about it, the number of times we've reacquired Michael F. Leighton and Brian Boucher probably contributes to the illusion.

Your claiming there are teams who started 30 plus goalies in that span? i don't know. i know there have been teams like the senators who've had problems settling down like us but for the most part i don't think were in the average like your insinuating. most we've done is settle for 2 years. when you put crap in you get crap out for the most part but we've also had some goalies in here who, to me, would prove there's a definite issue here at home considering their success elsewhere and in places less desirable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad