OT: Tim Thomas wants to play for the Flyers (rumor)

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Looking closer before posting would have been good on my part :

Philadelphia Flyers beat writer for Courier-Post of South Jersey (@cpsj) and author of Harry the K: The Remarkable Life of Harry Kalas

Schalkenullvier*

I like the flyers so I don't mind this, especially cause we'd get assets

But this still comes out of left field

Schalkenullvier*

Uh, we traded him to NYI.

Uh, no we wouldn't. :laugh:

We will? Even though Thomas is property of the Islanders AND a UFA after the season, assuming they don't toll his contract?

Well I thought it was a conditional trade... we'd either get something from the Isles if he'd play for them, or if they traded them further and the Isles got assets for him, we'd compensated too...

If we don't get anything if the isles trade him further (contrary to my perception), ok, but no reason to be a duschebag and post **** like "we traded him to NYI"

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Well I thought it was a conditional trade... we'd either get something from the Isles if he'd play for them, or if they traded them further and the Isles got assets for him, we'd compensated too...

If we don't get anything if the isles trade him further (contrary to my perception), ok, but no reason to be a duschebag and post **** like "we traded him to NYI"

So, because you don't know what you are talking about and we have to come correct you...without flaming you or even really calling you out on being asleep at the wheel...we are **********? Got it.

Feel free to get offended every other time you are wrong, as well. Its so endearing.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002

Keep up with the basics.

Schalkenullvier*

So, because you don't know what you are talking about and we have to come correct you...without flaming you or even really calling you out on being asleep at the wheel...we are **********? Got it.

Feel free to get offended every other time you are wrong, as well. Its so endearing.

No. I know what I am talking about.

If Timmy wants to play for the flyers, the Islanders, if they decide to continue to keep his rights, would have to trade him there. And if the Islanders trade him further , the Bruins would get assets. That's what I read was part of the trade that got him to the Island: The conditional pick going to Boston in the initial trade was either gonna happen if Timmy played for the Isles, or if the Isles traded him.

Now, apparently this thread deals with the situation that the Isles don't want Timmy any longer and he's an UFA. It doesn't say that in the OP anywhere though (to my knowledge).

Schalkenullvier*

How is saying "we traded him to nyi" a douchey thing to say?

That's just the facts.

No snipe or anything.

See below; The trade to NYI still didn't prevent us from getting assets from the trade if NYI traded him further.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
See below; The trade to NYI still didn't prevent us from getting assets from the trade if NYI traded him further.

Still not really a reason to attack folks. Make your point a bit clearer the first time and you won't sound like a crazy person. Its nobody's fault but yours that you were not clear.

Still, I don't see why Philly would trade for TT when he is going to be a UFA at the end of the season IF this rumor has any merit.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
No. I know what I am talking about.

If Timmy wants to play for the flyers, the Islanders, if they decide to continue to keep his rights, would have to trade him there. And if the Islanders trade him further , the Bruins would get assets. That's what I read was part of the trade that got him to the Island: The conditional pick going to Boston in the initial trade was either gonna happen if Timmy played for the Isles, or if the Isles traded him.

Now, apparently this thread deals with the situation that the Isles don't want Timmy any longer and he's an UFA. It doesn't say that in the OP anywhere though (to my knowledge).

If the Isles toll him, then yes perhaps.
I read that Isles didn't plan to do so, so he'll be an UFA this summer.... and if he is to return to the NHL, it will be as a free agent come July.... thus the Bruins won't get anything.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
If the Isles toll him, then yes perhaps.
I read that Isles didn't plan to do so, so he'll be an UFA this summer.... and if he is to return to the NHL, it will be as a free agent come July.... thus the Bruins won't get anything.

Well if they think they can trade him to Philly, maybe they would

Schalkenullvier*

Still not really a reason to attack folks. Make your point a bit clearer the first time and you won't sound like a crazy person. Its nobody's fault but yours that you were not clear.

Still, I don't see why Philly would trade for TT when he is going to be a UFA at the end of the season IF this rumor has any merit.

sorry I didn't want to come across as agressive. Just that I didn't notice why people answered simple stuff like that we had dealt Timmy, which everyone probably knows. I'll try to better myself ;)

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Well if they think they can trade him to Philly, maybe they would

You think NYI will get anything greater than a 2nd rounder for him... because that is the conditional pick due to us..
Doubt it.

If true, he'll be an UFA come July and sign with PHI..and we'll get nothing.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Don't see why they would do that when Steve Mason has looked more like his rookie of the year candadicy self, since his trade to PHI. Looks like he needed the change of scenery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad