Prospect Info: Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C-LW Adler Mannheim DEL

• Center

• Wing

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He signed his extension a year and a half ago, before his draft year even started. Nobody, likely including Stutzle himself, thought he'd be an NHL candidate as an 18 year old.
A year a half? So it was a 4 year contract? People keep saying there’s 3 years left

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So why would Dorion NOT mention that he was happy with his pick at 5?
He wasn’t going to say anything regardless of who was picked there as it would have given away his hand, but I’m assuming that what was implied was he wanted someone else by the statement you were quoting.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I still think that was probably too long. Sure maybe not nhl right away. But... starting 2022-23?
There is an opt out, that needs to be done prior to August 15th. If the draft happened normally, he would have signed prior to August 15th and there would be no issue. The only reason it’s an issue this year, is because COVID pushes the draft past the cut off date.

No blame whatsoever on anyone for signing that contract, it took a worldwide pandemic for there to be issues with European signings.

He can leave Mannheim, at worst, after this season is over, because of the transfer agreement. Much more likely, they will sort it out and he will be at camp in December.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He wasn’t going to say anything regardless of who was picked there as it would have given away his hand, but I’m assuming that what was implied was he wanted someone else by the statement you were quoting.

I'm confused. How would saying nothing about 5th reiterate that they had Sanderson ahead of Raymond?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm confused. How would saying nothing about 5th reiterate that they had Sanderson ahead of Raymond?
When asked about the mock draft, Dorion said he was pleased with the 3rd pick (they took Stutzle) and when asked if he was pleased with the 5th (Button took Raymond) he said something along the lines of “there are lots of guys we could be happy with at 5”.

I’m assuming the poster was implying that because he skirted the question of being happy with Raymond at 5, and that we took Sanderson at 5, that we had Sanderson at 4 all along.

I don’t think the interview gave any indication of who they had where, but I am 99+% confident the Sens had Sanderson 4th on their list.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
When asked about the mock draft, Dorion said he was pleased with the 3rd pick (they took Stutzle) and when asked if he was pleased with the 5th (Button took Raymond) he said something along the lines of “there are lots of guys we could be happy with at 5”.

I’m assuming the poster was implying that because he skirted the question of being happy with Raymond at 5, and that we took Sanderson at 5, that we had Sanderson at 4 all along.

I don’t think the interview gave any indication of who they had where, but I am 99+% confident the Sens had Sanderson 4th on their list.

Ahh. I thought it was in response to a COMPARISON between the real draft and the mock.

It makes sense now.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa

This. At the time it was a nothing comment, but in retrospect everything we have heard has the Sens taking Sanderson over Raymond.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
This. At the time it was a nothing comment, but in retrospect everything we have heard has the Sens taking Sanderson over Raymond.

I would have preferred Raymond myself but since he was gone I'm on board with the Sanderson pick.

I think you're right about Dorion though.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Stuetzle's style reminds me a bit of Martin Havlat from back in the day, here is a great clip of two of my favourite old-school Senators connecting on a goal:

That clip had it all

Great pass - check
Great shot- check
Original 2D jerseys- check
Goal scored against the leafs- check
Goal scored against CuJo- check

I feel like the Havlat-Stuetzle comparison was made at an earlier point in this thread, am I right?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Stuetzle's style reminds me a bit of Martin Havlat from back in the day, here is a great clip of two of my favourite old-school Senators connecting on a goal:

That clip had it all

Great pass - check
Great shot- check

I feel like the Havlat-Stuetzle comparison was made at an earlier point in this thread, am I right?

He does look a bit like Havlat!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

That clip had it all

Great pass - check
Great shot- check

Havlat was one of the most exciting players we had. In that way they should be VERY similar.
(I see the style compare too)
Not to change the subject but..See a bit of Havlat in formenton too.
Pretty safe to say stuetzle should have a better career than Havlat while formenton can hope to get to that level(possible).

Reactions: NB613

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

That clip had it all

Great pass - check
Great shot- check

Love the way Havlat spreads his legs wide to make that sharp cut through the slot. I think Gretzky used to do that.

Also really liked Arvedsson as a player. The machine.

Reactions: Icelevel

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Havlat was an absolute gem.

One of the most memorable Sens games I can remember watching was back when I was 15 or 16 and Havlat and Alfredsson both lit up the Sabres for 4 goals each. Havlat looked like an absolute superstar when healthy from 03-08.

That one and what about the playoff series against Tampa where Havlat came back from injury and absolutely dominated that series.

Reactions: gab6511

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa

That clip had it all

Great pass - check
Great shot- check

I mentioned it a couple of times.

Martin Havlat is my all time favourite player to watch. Absolutely electric, and I hope Stuetzle can bring the same type of jaw dropping, must see plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad