Prospect Info: Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C-LW Adler Mannheim DEL

• Center

• Wing

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tstracuzza

Jan 18, 2017
If he’s a better version of Havlat we are in for a treat. He was one of the most electrifying fun players to watch that I’ve seen

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I mentioned it a couple of times.

Martin Havlat is my all time favourite player to watch. Absolutely electric, and I hope Stuetzle can bring the same type of jaw dropping, must see plays.

My all time favourite was Hossa.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I was listening to NHL draft class podcast and on June 30th Timmy confirmed he was weighing between 88 and 89kg. That's 193-195pds.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t think he will be prime hossa.

prime havlat possibly.

speaking of. Was there ever any behind the scenes explanation for that horrendous havlat trade.

Reactions: aragorn

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
I don’t think he will be prime hossa.

prime havlat possibly.

speaking of. Was there ever any behind the scenes explanation for that horrendous havlat trade.

Salary-related + Senators were drowning in skill and didn't value it. They would have traded 3 Havlats for Gary Roberts' shinpads.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Great interview this morning with Timmy on the Locked on Sens Podcast. All of this excitement I have for Timmy has almost made me forget that the Sens drafted at 5OA as well. Exciting times, Sens fans!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Havlat was great but he could have been even better and have a much better career if it wasn't for... injuries

I am not a big Muckler fan but keep in mind that Havlat was already labeled as injury prone when traded. He didn't have anything close to a full season until he was 27 y/o...

If Suetzle is as great as prime Havlat but without the constant injuries, it'll be great.

Reactions: NB613

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Havlat was great but he could have been even better and have a much better career if it wasn't for... injuries

I am not a big Muckler fan but keep in mind that Havlat was already labeled as injury prone when traded. He didn't have anything close to a full season until he was 27 y/o...

If Suetzle is as great as prime Havlat but without the constant injuries, it'll be great.
His 03-04 was pretty much injury free wasn’t it? He had a hold out into the first month of the season, and played pretty much every game, give or take, once he got back in the lineup I thought.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
His 03-04 was pretty much injury free wasn’t it? He had a hold out into the first month of the season, and played pretty much every game, give or take, once he got back in the lineup I thought.

Unfortunately my memory doesn't allow me to remember any of this. Have to find some info that will trigger the memory (if there's any left lol)

I found he was supsended twice, but only missed 4 games as a result. Also only missed 5 games due to injury?

Martin Havlat Stats, News, Video, Bio, Highlights on TSN

Feb 27, 2004Suspended by the NHL for two games.
Feb 03, 2004Missed 2 games (groin).
Jan 29, 2004Groin, day-to-day.
Jan 02, 2004Suspended by the NHL for two games.
Nov 27, 2003Missed 3 games (hamstring).
Nov 22, 2003Hamstring, day-to-day.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Makes that top-15 of the most injury-prone players :

Top 15 Most Injury Prone NHL Players

Pascal Leclaire should be there though

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Havlat was an absolute gem.

One of the most memorable Sens games I can remember watching was back when I was 15 or 16 and Havlat and Alfredsson both lit up the Sabres for 4 goals each. Havlat looked like an absolute superstar when healthy from 03-08.
2005 against Buffalo. One of my favourite games as well - that team was easily, by far the most dominant Senators squad when healthy.

Would love to see Stutzle on a similar calibre squad in a few years.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Havlat was an absolute gem.

One of the most memorable Sens games I can remember watching was back when I was 15 or 16 and Havlat and Alfredsson both lit up the Sabres for 4 goals each. Havlat looked like an absolute superstar when healthy from 03-08.

Havlat is still in my top 2 favourite players ever to watch for the Sens.
He did things I’ve still never seen people do...It’s the reason I’m so excited about Timmy! He’s Havlat on steroids!

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
2005 against Buffalo. One of my favourite games as well - that team was easily, by far the most dominant Senators squad when healthy.

Would love to see Stutzle on a similar calibre squad in a few years.

2005-06 playoff Havlat as being a treat to watch. I still remember his flying down the left wing and ripping a clapper top cheese.

I truly believe Stutzle will have a more dynamic and impactful career than Havlat and it won't be particularly close either.

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I remember 2005-06 playoff Havlat as being a treat to watch. I still remember his flying down the left wing and ripping a clapper top cheese.

I truly believe Stutzle will have a more dynamic and impactful career than Havlat and it won't be particularly close either.

I agree but it's unfair to Havlat in the sense that Havlat was tracking well compared to the likes of Hossa and Alfredsson who are all time legends. Injuries meant he never played to his full potential.

But yes Stutzle has massive massive upside. His combination of hands, feet, playmaking, strength and work rate is a unicorn. I think he's gonna join the ranks of Alfredsson and Hossa as the finest forwards this team has produced.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Quinton can’t spell “intense”. I was delighted when Timmy “fell” to Ottawa at #3.

Me too I was ecstatic.

Quinton really lacks pace, desire to win and I really question his vision and play making. Scores too much off the rush.

Stutzle excels in many areas that Byfield struggles.

Reactions: Icelevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->