• Center

• Wing

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I hear that Mannheim asked Senators one million dollars to release Tim Stützle from his contract. Melnyk does not want to pay that amount and Dorion and team's lawyers are negotiating right now.
That's why there is a delay and we could not see him playing this season. Actually he is ready to go to world juniors. Mannheim looks at it as a transfer fee.........and they are very steep in Europe. Especially in European soccer, where the average of a transfer fee for the medium impact player is 3 to 5 million euros. Basically Mannheim is selling a player to another club.

So, what you are saying is that there IS potentially something to be concerned about. :huh:

If Stutzle plays out the remainder of his contract, then signs with the Sens, I would assume that there would be no transfer fee? Would they have to pay the German Hockey Federation fee instead?

Last edited:

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Wonder how his name will be pronounced by the pbp guys. The Germans do it like "sh - teutz - leh" but I imagine in NA it's going to be more like "stoot - zel" or "stuht - zel"

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So, what you are saying is that there IS potentially something to be concerned about. :huh:

If Stutzle plays out the remainder of his contract, then signs with the Sens, I would assume that there would be no transfer fee? Would they have to pay the German Hockey Federation fee instead?

Again do not have all the details but my understanding is the transfer fee is a development fee that goes back into player development as it helps the league or governing body continue to develop players for the NHL I do not think its viewed as a payment to let a player out of a contract, which tends to be understood if they are going to sign an NHL contract. Lots of european players sign NHL contracts and continue to develop on loan with their team in Europe. This is a weird year for cutoff dates that are normally in play which could complicate a player being allowed to come over and a player having a choice of returning to his club team vs playing in the AHL if they are cut.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

Of course not

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It wouldn't be the end of the world if Stuetzle plays another yr in Europe & comes to NA next season. If he plays in the WJC which takes up a couple of weeks in Jan 21, I'm not sure it means anything for him to come over & play on a team that is expected to be dead last in a Canadian division for another month or so. Idk, I don't see the point until the following yr. What would be the point in a pandemic season with no fans?

Reactions: bert

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
It wouldn't be the end of the world if Stuetzle plays another yr in Europe & comes to NA next season. If he plays in the WJC which takes up a couple of weeks in Jan 21, I'm not sure it means anything for him to come over & play on a team that is expected to be dead last in a Canadian division for another month or so. Idk, I don't see the point until the following yr. What would be the point in a pandemic season with no fans?
Watching that video, his aim is to play in the NHL as soon as possible. So it may not be the end of the world for the team, but for him it would be disappointing.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is a must watch as a Sens fan.
I didn't realize it had english subs as an option and skipped through a bit. Was really confused when he was trying to get shoes out of the trunk of a car going through the car wash...

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Not really anything beyond getting him to his first post ELC contract a year sooner ?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Fun little watch. You can tell that the boys were impressed with the jersey.

I think that while anyone would be excited to be moving to LA, I think you get over it pretty quickly when that team passes on, and the next team up sent you a jersey.

Cannot wait to see him in person.

Reactions: NB613

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Missed the penalty and lost that soccer game. Not a clutch player.

Jokes aside he looks like a good kid. Impressive amount of muscle on him already, clearly works hard. Will be interesting to see what Chris Schwartz can do with him in the next few years.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
any of the board insiders hear where we had stutzle and sanderson ranked? i know Gord wilson certaily made it sound like we had stutzle and sanderson 2 and 3/4.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Fun little watch. You can tell that the boys were impressed with the jersey.

I think that while anyone would be excited to be moving to LA, I think you get over it pretty quickly when that team passes on, and the next team up sent you a jersey.

Cannot wait to see him in person.
I know you guys don't typically like non-Sens fans coming into your threads (we're the same), but just wanted to say that this video was great and I agree that him and his family/friends seemed happy with going to Ottawa. Honestly I think Ottawa is a better fit for him than LA. Personally I wouldn't discount the fact that many Europeans in general (not just hockey players) are probably viewing Canada as much more preferable to the US with what's happening south of the order these days.

I've been paying attention to Tim for fantasy reasons but not looking forward to the Leafs playing him!

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Agree, also while burning a year, in a shortened season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad