Player Discussion Tim Schaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Only thing is, is he really a center? If not, it tarnishes a solid deal a little.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Really intrigued with this Schaller guy. Not really on my radar at all. Can't really recall watching him play but my last year was a whirlwind with work.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I kind of see him as what Green wants Gaunce to be. I think if Gaunce played the way Shaller plays Green would be very happen with him.

Reactions: biturbo19

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Really intrigued with this Schaller guy. Not really on my radar at all. Can't really recall watching him play but my last year was a whirlwind with work.

giphy.gif

Get better soon.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He's improved his points the past two years and over the past two has averaged about an 8.5% shooting percentage taking 1.5 shots per game. He has enough size to bang a little and he's good for more than a hit per game, he blocks his share of shots and takes the puck away more often than he gives it away. At his age, he's a very solid 4th line center who seems like he'd hold the fort well as a 3rd liner if the need arises.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
He's improved his points the past two years and over the past two has averaged about an 8.5% shooting percentage taking 1.5 shots per game. He has enough size to bang a little and he's good for more than a hit per game, he blocks his share of shots and takes the puck away more often than he gives it away. At his age, he's a very solid 4th line center who seems like he'd hold the fort well as a 3rd liner if the need arises.
Hmm. I thought he played mostly wing in Boston?

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hmm. I thought he played mostly wing in Boston?

He's listed as a C and seems to be a 50% faceoff player. Looking again it looks like he took the 6th most faceoffs on his team and was 45.8%. He's never taken more than a faceoff per game at the NHL level so I guess he is more of a winger who takes a fair few faceoffs than an actual center.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
IIRC he was 11th in faceoffs per game for Boston (a few played less games and have less in total). He's not good at faceoffs, his career % is about 41%.

His career percentage has to be above 41%. He was 45.8* this season and 49% the season before. I did the math for his past two seasons and he's a 46.7% faceoff guy. Not great, but not exactly tragic either. Give him a season with Manny and he could probably end up as a pretty average faceoff player.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
His career percentage has to be above 41%. He was 45.8* this season and 49% the season before. I did the math for his past two seasons and he's a 46.7% faceoff guy. Not great, but not exactly tragic either. Give him a season with Manny and he could probably end up as a pretty average faceoff player.

Tim Schaller Stats and News

NHL own stats say 41.8%. The reason it looks wrong is he took very few faceoffs the previous year. He took over 3 time mores faceoffs in 2014-15 (186) in just 18 games than he did in 59 games 16-17 (just 57). At some point they have decided he's not a centre.

He's still a decent pickup, should be tradable for a pick at some point.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Most feared bottom-6 in the league

Least feared top-6 in the league

The Canucks are the Golden Knights ? !

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Most feared bottom-6 in the league

Least feared top-6 in the league

The Canucks are the Golden Knights ? !
"Most feared...in the league".......when did the Canucks get relegated to the WHL?????????????????????????

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Time to bump this bad boy.

Shots from the point and Schaller being too slow to contest them.

Name a more iconic duo. On the ice for all goals last night.

This guy is an absolute trashcan. The stupidity and incompetence of James Elmer Benning continues to blow my mind. Instead of just going with the cheap, hardworking, defensively reliable homegrown guy in Gaunce, Jimbo has to go out of his way to dip into the UFA market and overpay for these pathetic Boston Bruins leftovers. Giving an AHLer a guaranteed almost 4 million dollars just to marginalize the younger guy who had honestly paid his dues developing in the organisation and played well last season. The classic Jimbo move of squandering significant money and assets to make the team worse on the ice and far less likable. Disgusting.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Time to bump this bad boy.

Shots from the point and Schaller being too slow to contest them.

Name a more iconic duo. On the ice for all goals last night.

This guy is an absolute trashcan. The stupidity and incompetence of James Elmer Benning continues to blow my mind. Instead of just going with the cheap, hardworking, defensively reliable homegrown guy in Gaunce, Jimbo has to go out of his way to dip into the UFA market and overpay for these pathetic Boston Bruins leftovers. Giving an AHLer a guaranteed almost 4 million dollars just to marginalize the younger guy who had honestly paid his dues developing in the organisation and played well last season. The classic Jimbo move of squandering significant money and assets to make the team worse on the ice and far less likable. Disgusting.

I'm guessing Green had more than a little input on the signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad