NHL Tim Peel fired

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Good luck explaining the change in standard if not NHL directed. A historic double standard after the Bruins PP was too effective.

It isn't being a sore loser either, I will forever admit the Bruins lost to the better team in 2013.
No, I think there’s a little bit of sore loser hiding in there.:rolleyes:

I’d also vehemently argue that Chicago wasn’t the better team in 2013. We had our chances to easily win that series.....but that’s for another thread.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Changed the standard of what?

The officiating changed overnight to accommodate the Blues. The Blues did not suddenly become disciplined.

No, I think there’s a little bit of sore loser hiding in there.:rolleyes:

I’d also vehemently argue that Chicago wasn’t the better team in 2013. We had our chances to easily win that series.....but that’s for another thread.

I assure you it's not. Considering the Bruins injuries and the talent of the Chicago roster, the better team won. Watching the NHL endorse the headshots and constant leaping into Bruins players' numbers along the boards (Blais and Sundqvist repeatedly as a prime example). The Blues were playing to injure, not to separate player from puck. Same tactics against prior teams in their run. The lazy argument is the Bruins did the same to Vancouver in 2011, but not remotely.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The officiating changed overnight to accommodate the Blues. The Blues did not suddenly become disciplined.

I assure you it's not. Considering the Bruins injuries and the talent of the Chicago roster, the better team won. Watching the NHL endorse the headshots and constant leaping into Bruins players' numbers along the boards (Blais and Sundqvist repeatedly as a prime example). The Blues were playing to injure, not to separate player from puck. Same tactics against prior teams in their run. The lazy argument is the Bruins did the same to Vancouver in 2011, but not remotely.

Like I said, ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad