OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
Have 2 Celtics tickets for Wednesday night vs. Charlotte. Selling for $40 total for 2. Under 1/2 face

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Selling 2 center ice balcony seats in Section 301 Row 6 for Thursday's Flyers game.

$70 per ticket. Venmo or Paypal Friends Family payment.

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Uhhhh did anyone get an email from the bruins about the seat upgrades they’re doing, and notice the line “your seat location will change”????

MrMars

May 26, 2006
Uhhhh did anyone get an email from the bruins about the seat upgrades they’re doing, and notice the line “your seat location will change”????

Must be something specific to your seat, mine said "Please note that the transformation of the arena will not affect your seat location for the 2019-20 season"

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Anyone else get one with an affected seat? This feels totally out of the blue

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

Must be something specific to your seat, mine said "Please note that the transformation of the arena will not affect your seat location for the 2019-20 season"

Mine also said Please note that the transformation of the arena will not affect your seat location for the 2019-20 season. But it also says At the time of your Season Ticket renewals, we will provide you with an updated arena map for reference.

Don't know why an updated arena map is needed if seat location does not change. What I do wonder though is that my Loge seats are the upper ones that are bigger than the lower row Loge seats so I have been wondering if the seats are a smaller size if that means that there might be more seats in a row in the upper Loge rows that are currently the old club seats.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Yes I just got that same email and I am irate. I dont want to move my seat at all. I have had same seats for 18 seasons and I am sure they are going to screw me. This totally reminds me of how the Patriots screwed season tickets in the low rows of the endzone to add the endzone bar. Took their seats and told them to screw off and gave them crappy leftover seats.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Yes I just got that same email and I am irate. I dont want to move my seat at all. I have had same seats for 18 seasons and I am sure they are going to screw me. This totally reminds me of how the Patriots screwed season tickets in the low rows of the endzone to add the endzone bar. Took their seats and told them to screw off and gave them crappy leftover seats.

I just called my rep, who basically wasn't able to give me any information other than they are working to make the view as comparable as possible for anyone who is affected.

We have had these seats for 10 years and have row 3 on the aisle. If we don't have the opportunity for basically the same thing, we'll seriously consider giving them up.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I just called my rep, who basically wasn't able to give me any information other than they are working to make the view as comparable as possible for anyone who is affected.

We have had these seats for 10 years and have row 3 on the aisle. If we don't have the opportunity for basically the same thing, we'll seriously consider giving them up.

Kate I am exactly same boat...row 3 for 18 years. My guess is they want us out so they can get new ticket holders with price increase so our concerns will fall on deaf ears. Its a good thing if they make us give up tickets. Ugh. Not happy at all. I hate how they mislead us. They know exactly whats going on with our seats thus how they told us our seats are affected.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
In some ways I'm not that heartbroken. The arena has changed. Our priorities have changed. We don't go as much anymore. The people around us don't go anymore or have given up their tickets. Sullivan's Tap was sold, and while it reopened, has a different feel/vibe now that a lot of the old staff turned over. I could do a lot with an extra $5k+/year.

We'll see how it goes, I guess.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
In some ways I'm not that heartbroken. The arena has changed. Our priorities have changed. We don't go as much anymore. The people around us don't go anymore or have given up their tickets. Sullivan's Tap was sold, and while it reopened, has a different feel/vibe now that a lot of the old staff turned over. I could do a lot with an extra $5k+/year.

We'll see how it goes, I guess.

I totally agree as well. Only reason I really keep the seats is because I really like the location and people around me. If they move me its not going to be a comparable view (name a time a seat relocation has worked out for a ticket holder) so there will be a good chance I dont renew my seats unless the Bruins really step up here. Stinks to be treated that way after being such loyal customers for so long.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Yup, my seat (third row balcony) was affected too. Between that and the fact that ticket prices on Ace Ticket have been -VERY- low compared to what I pay, this is seriously making me consider not renewing for next season.

My guess is they're using the "reconfiguration" of the seats to try to squeeze the roll of toothpaste - basically, corral as many empty seats together, and avoid bad seating options - particularly single and triple seats.

More importantly, they damn well better not hike the prices again. Let's face it - the Bruins are the #4 team in Boston BY FAR. In the Boston sports scene, we'll have a team starting a year coming off of winning a championship, and a team starting a year coming off of winning a conference - and that's the WORST case scenario. I think the combined Sox/Pats-mania (and perhaps to a lesser degree the Celtics) has drained the interest and cash away from the Bruins.

All that said, it's quite possible this is much ado about nothing - theoretically, I suppose they'd send the same email if they thought your seats would change by even one seat number. Personally, I wouldn't care if I were sent seat or two to the left or right.

The other question is...are they going to try to get higher capacity, and if so, does that mean squeezing in one extra seat in some rows, making the stairways and/or seats a little narrower? They're advertising "plush seats" (like loge-seat plush or club-seat plush?), but does this mean going to a Bruins game will be like getting on an airplane with no leg room?

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Yup, my seat (third row balcony) was affected too. Between that and the fact that ticket prices on Ace Ticket have been -VERY- low compared to what I pay, this is seriously making me consider not renewing for next season.

My guess is they're using the "reconfiguration" of the seats to try to squeeze the roll of toothpaste - basically, corral as many empty seats together, and avoid bad seating options - particularly single and triple seats.

More importantly, they damn well better not hike the prices again. Let's face it - the Bruins are the #4 team in Boston BY FAR. In the Boston sports scene, we'll have a team starting a year coming off of winning a championship, and a team starting a year coming off of winning a conference - and that's the WORST case scenario. I think the combined Sox/Pats-mania (and perhaps to a lesser degree the Celtics) has drained the interest and cash away from the Bruins.

All that said, it's quite possible this is much ado about nothing - theoretically, I suppose they'd send the same email if they thought your seats would change by even one seat number. Personally, I wouldn't care if I were sent seat or two to the left or right.

The other question is...are they going to try to get higher capacity, and if so, does that mean squeezing in one extra seat in some rows, making the stairways and/or seats a little narrower? They're advertising "plush seats" (like loge-seat plush or club-seat plush?), but does this mean going to a Bruins game will be like getting on an airplane with no leg room?

Whatever it is the Bruins have done a poor job communicating what the exact changes are. As you mentioned - are seats just moving over a few inches to make room for additional seats or larger seats (doubt that) or are they relocating seats? There is always a reason behind these moves and very rarely does it involved a win for the ticket holder - its about making more $$ for owner not improving fan experience. Dropping this on a Friday before Super Bowl weekend is very Red Sox like.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I spoke with my rep and just sent a follow up email. I'm sure it won't go anywhere, but at least I spoke my mind.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
They're probably not going to give anyone specifics on their seat until the last minute - which will be when they start asking for renewals. Other than generic "good will", it doesn't give any advantage to them to tell you in advance that your new seat is going to suck - and I doubt anyone is going to be significantly happier with their new seat.

Last year, I got my renewal email on Wednesday, Feb 21, after a two game win streak (and a 4-in-5 streak), with a renewal deadline of the second Monday in March. So, we might find out in a little less than 3 weeks or so.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
They're probably not going to give anyone specifics on their seat until the last minute - which will be when they start asking for renewals. Other than generic "good will", it doesn't give any advantage to them to tell you in advance that your new seat is going to suck - and I doubt anyone is going to be significantly happier with their new seat.

Last year, I got my renewal email on Wednesday, Feb 21, after a two game win streak (and a 4-in-5 streak), with a renewal deadline of the second Monday in March. So, we might find out in a little less than 3 weeks or so.

Honestly, I would have preferred they presented the information that the seat was changing WITH the new seat location at the same time. What good does sitting on the info for a month wondering where your seat is do anyone? It just makes me more aggravated.

We're a culture of immediate gratification. If you're going to make a change, have the full plan flushed out and communicate it all at once. I'm responsible for designing, implementing, and communicating large scale changes that closely affect an employee's well-being (think pay, benefits, promotions, etc). If I communicated the way this has gone my employees would riot and I'd probably be in a shitload of trouble.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Honestly, I would have preferred they presented the information that the seat was changing WITH the new seat location at the same time. What good does sitting on the info for a month wondering where your seat is do anyone? It just makes me more aggravated.

We're a culture of immediate gratification. If you're going to make a change, have the full plan flushed out and communicate it all at once. I'm responsible for designing, implementing, and communicating large scale changes that closely affect an employee's well-being (think pay, benefits, promotions, etc). If I communicated the way this has gone my employees would riot and I'd probably be in a ****load of trouble.

Its typical Bruins fashion. I called rep as you did - she couldnt provide me anymore information than the generic email they sent. I asked is this a matter of moving seats a few inches to make room for new/wider seats or is this a total relocation to new section - she said she had no further information. Of course they have the information and plans thus how they notified us. As you stated they should have a better communication plan.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I did not get any e-mail

If they move you, we'd ALL riot!!!!! (In all seriousness, with your combo of tenure and seat location, I doubt they'd do anything.)

It looks like the "your seat will be different" issue is fairly widespread, which makes me think they're either trying to juggle everyone to create large spaces, or they're just warning everyone in advance so we'll be "pleasantly surprised" when a good percentage of us get seats that actually do resemble our old seats.

You never know how broadly they'll take the whole "comparable location" concept. When you look at pricing, it's there's a pretty wide variation within a given level, at least in the balcony where rows 3 and 10 cost the same within each section.

Random question: Any STHs out there use the Apple Wallet and have problems with tickets randomly disappearing if you load them in advance? I usually put a couple of months worth of tickets on my phone at once, just so I'm not having to futz with the app before every game. Worked last season. This season, about 2-3 times per month, my Apple wallet "resets" at random times, deleting my Bruins tickets - and only the ones from this season, but past AND future tickets. Doesn't delete any of last year's tickets, or any other Garden events, movie tickets, or events at other venues. (Okay, I'm a virtual hoarder.) Just the 2018-9 season goes away. Was wondering if anyone had that issue.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
If they move you, we'd ALL riot!!!!! (In all seriousness, with your combo of tenure and seat location, I doubt they'd do anything.)

It looks like the "your seat will be different" issue is fairly widespread, which makes me think they're either trying to juggle everyone to create large spaces, or they're just warning everyone in advance so we'll be "pleasantly surprised" when a good percentage of us get seats that actually do resemble our old seats.

You never know how broadly they'll take the whole "comparable location" concept. When you look at pricing, it's there's a pretty wide variation within a given level, at least in the balcony where rows 3 and 10 cost the same within each section.

Random question: Any STHs out there use the Apple Wallet and have problems with tickets randomly disappearing if you load them in advance? I usually put a couple of months worth of tickets on my phone at once, just so I'm not having to futz with the app before every game. Worked last season. This season, about 2-3 times per month, my Apple wallet "resets" at random times, deleting my Bruins tickets - and only the ones from this season, but past AND future tickets. Doesn't delete any of last year's tickets, or any other Garden events, movie tickets, or events at other venues. (Okay, I'm a virtual hoarder.) Just the 2018-9 season goes away. Was wondering if anyone had that issue.

If you simply take a screen shot of the mobile QR code you won't have to worry about Apple Wallet issues. You can even make a separate "album" just for your mobile screen shot tickets. Works beautifully.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Headed into the city for the parade and thought I was gonna be able to stay for the game tonight. Plans changed and can't make the game.

2 seats for tonight against the islanders in Loge 8 row 15. $100/each $200/pair Personal PayPal payment or venom only. Tickets can be transferred through ticketmaster.

Stanley11

Mar 24, 2016
I totally agree as well. Only reason I really keep the seats is because I really like the location and people around me. If they move me its not going to be a comparable view (name a time a seat relocation has worked out for a ticket holder) so there will be a good chance I dont renew my seats unless the Bruins really step up here. Stinks to be treated that way after being such loyal customers for so long.

Well they took my tickets away this year because I was flagged as a reseller (long story - basically we had a second kid so couldn't go to as many games for a year or two and they wouldn't let me shake it afterwards).

Anyway, I feel like they did me a favor. Season ticket face value prices are so high now they are often more expensive than just buying on the secondary market, which I have done more than a few times this year. Not having to buy 44 games saved me a ton of money and we are using some of it to go to a bunch of away games. Including the upcoming California/Vegas trip. My kids are so fired up.

I may be a little bummed out when the playoffs come but then again for last year's playoffs the secondary market wasn't much different than what I had paid as a STH. Even the game 7 - I had a friend who got into the Loge for less than my lower balcony tickets that game. The face value for round 3 was ridiculous, if they had gotten there.

Overall taking away my tickets left a bad taste in my mouth after paying their rent for 9 years and I'm not surprised to hear that it's sketchy again this time around. It's just the way they do things. My buddy is a Pats season ticket holder and they way they do things is in a completely different universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad