OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Red Sox raising ticket prices again .. Good luck with that.. LOL.

The Red Sox are raising ticket prices for the 2019 season - The Boston Globe

Well...hate to say it, but that does tend to happen when you win a championship. It's the price you pay for seeing a successful team. I think I heard an average of 2.5%. The baseline prices are nuts.

Most of that seems to be in their new sixth "diamond tier" - six games that include the home opener (now with a banner ceremony), the 2 rematches vs the Dodgers, and 3 of the Fri/Sat Yankee games. Diamond tier is up 10% more, while other games are up 1.6%. In other words, half of the new tier is almost directly because of the World Series win, and the other half is Yankees games. No doubt the season after this, they'll creep in a few other marquee games into the tier to replace the LA games - Marathon Monday being a candidate.

And what are they thinking forcing both Sox games in London to be home games for us? Seems lame to me.

I also saw this:

Man, my parents were never that nice to me - when we went, it was "hop on the T", "drink your bottle of water that we brought in", and "I'm not buying you that damn foam finger".

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Usually they over-inflate those numbers, but I'm guessing that estimate for a family of four is only good for crap seats in April and May. I couldn't spend that little for my family of 4 for any games I was looking at once the weather turned.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Usually they over-inflate those numbers, but I'm guessing that estimate for a family of four is only good for crap seats in April and May. I couldn't spend that little for my family of 4 for any games I was looking at once the weather turned.

I did the math on my fingers, and it seemed reasonable. Hot dogs and cokes are about $5 each, right? Maybe more. Call that $50 for 8. The really good parking is $50. Also $50 for two caps. If two beers are $20, that leaves $45 for tickets. You're not getting loge seats, but you probably can get slightly better than standing room or high bleacher if you go on a weekday - you might get somewhat near the front of the grandstand.

But seriously - by the caps when they're on sale, and not at the ballpark. Eat before or after you go. And take the T if you can. And if you're taking the kids and they haven't had time to develop their rivalry genes yet....go see the Orioles.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
I have 2 tickets for the game in Detroit tonight they were for my dads b day but he is now stuck in Toronto and can't make it back They are section M20 Row 3 seats 15/16 asking 100 they were 126. I can transfer the tickets to you asap if you would like through Ticketmaster.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
The Red Sox are raising ticket prices for the 2019 season - The Boston Globe

Man, my parents were never that nice to me - when we went, it was "hop on the T", "drink your bottle of water that we brought in", and "I'm not buying you that damn foam finger".

I'm sure my 13 year old will have plenty of stories to tell about his old man when he gets older. he gets to go to a lot of games...but he knows I'm a cheap bastard too. In 2017 I instituted the bottled water policy if it is above 70 degrees. Screw $5 for a bottle of water...We go to cvs across the street and bring an entire case into the park. $4 for 24 bottles if it's not on sale...$2.49 if it's on sale.

Attachments

• IMG_1820.JPG
    IMG_1820.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4440.jpg
    IMG_4440.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: talkinaway

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Anyone selling the Ducks on the 20th? I have a cousin in the Army that’s home for a bit and is looking to attend. Still trying to find out what he’s looking for in terms of qty and location

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
last remaining Bruins games I have left this season. $61 per ticket, $122 for the pair (my face value price). Section 313, Row 9.

Tues Feb 5 vs NY Islanders
Tues Feb 26 vs San Jose Sharks
Thurs Feb 28 vs TB Lightning
Tues Mar 5 vs Carolina Hurricanes

let me know if interested!

tjsilva

Dec 10, 2008
Peabody
looking for three balcony to 12/20. hoping someone has tickets on the exchange and would rather do private and save the fees.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
2 Tickets for this Sunday's Dec 16th Vs Buffalo game (Sec 328 Row 1) Asking $200 for the pair (Season ticket face) Will throw in 2 Legends passes for free. PayPal Friends & Family Only

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Anyone have 2 seats for any of the following games?

Caps 1/10
Habs 1/14
Rangers 1/19
Jets 1/29

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

ch1088

Dec 30, 2018
Looking for 3 vs NYR 1/19... I'll even take a decent discount and let you keep the Chara bobbles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->