OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Just curious did you use the Bruins Ticket Exchange for your resales or other places like Stubhub?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Well they took my tickets away this year because I was flagged as a reseller (long story - basically we had a second kid so couldn't go to as many games for a year or two and they wouldn't let me shake it afterwards).

Anyway, I feel like they did me a favor. Season ticket face value prices are so high now they are often more expensive than just buying on the secondary market, which I have done more than a few times this year. Not having to buy 44 games saved me a ton of money and we are using some of it to go to a bunch of away games. Including the upcoming California/Vegas trip. My kids are so fired up.

I may be a little bummed out when the playoffs come but then again for last year's playoffs the secondary market wasn't much different than what I had paid as a STH. Even the game 7 - I had a friend who got into the Loge for less than my lower balcony tickets that game. The face value for round 3 was ridiculous, if they had gotten there.

Overall taking away my tickets left a bad taste in my mouth after paying their rent for 9 years and I'm not surprised to hear that it's sketchy again this time around. It's just the way they do things. My buddy is a Pats season ticket holder and they way they do things is in a completely different universe.

Just curious did you use the Bruins Ticket Exchange for your resales or other places like Stubhub?

Stanley11

Mar 24, 2016
Both Ticket Exchange and Stubhub. There was one year where I sold a lot of them, maybe 25 games? I had a newborn and a 3 year old. I'm sure it was Ticket Exchange that got me into trouble because they easily can see that information.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Both Ticket Exchange and Stubhub. There was one year where I sold a lot of them, maybe 25 games? I had a newborn and a 3 year old. I'm sure it was Ticket Exchange that got me into trouble because they easily can see that information.

OK thanks for replying. Bruins policy as well as other teams that do this is so secretive that it is hard to know what gets you into trouble with them.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Probably a dumb question... But you think they’re going to sell off the old yellow seats?

Is there really a market for that? I mean, they're like what....25 years old, maximum? Maybe significantly less, because I can't remember off the top of my head the last time they updated the balcony seating. I don't feel any particular affinity or animosity toward them...they're neither comfortable nor uncomfortable, and they're not particularly "historic". I don't know if/how you could disassemble the balcony seats. As far as the color scheme...I may have to dodge some rotten fruit that's sure to be thrown at me, but I actually don't mind the black. I'm just hopeful that the seat size/comfort will be comparable. Cup holders would be nice - if only to keep the people behind me from throwing kicking their full drinks and causing a river of beer to flow down.

I wonder if they're doing this all in July...there's a conspicuous gap in the Garden schedule between NKOTB on 6/29 and Backstreet Boys on 8/14, but maybe big concert tours haven't been announced yet. They could do it right after, too...depending on when the Bruins preseason starts, that'd probably give them a month, too.

Newbie10

Jan 9, 2010
My rep called me today and told me my seat numbers will change but that's about it. Section and row will stay the same just the seat numbers.

Reactions: talkinaway

gobosox00

Jan 8, 2010
Just talked to my rep. Sounds like they don't have a ton of info but it sounds like it might be as simple as a seat number change for me or moving back a row or two. He said part of the reason for the changes is that they're adding more ADA platforms to be up to code as well as the new more comfortable seats. I'm 312 Row 2 so i'm really hoping i'm affected too bad. Took a while to get 4 seats together that low in the balcony and we love our view. Luckily haven't had any problems with first row leaners from our angle, my kids can see great from where we are too

Reactions: WickedBruinsGirl

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I got a call today from my rep. He said we would be in the same section and row. I told him I want to be on the tunnel like now.

we will see....

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Well they took my tickets away this year because I was flagged as a reseller (long story - basically we had a second kid so couldn't go to as many games for a year or two and they wouldn't let me shake it afterwards).

Anyway, I feel like they did me a favor. Season ticket face value prices are so high now they are often more expensive than just buying on the secondary market, which I have done more than a few times this year. Not having to buy 44 games saved me a ton of money and we are using some of it to go to a bunch of away games. Including the upcoming California/Vegas trip. My kids are so fired up.

I may be a little bummed out when the playoffs come but then again for last year's playoffs the secondary market wasn't much different than what I had paid as a STH. Even the game 7 - I had a friend who got into the Loge for less than my lower balcony tickets that game. The face value for round 3 was ridiculous, if they had gotten there.

Overall taking away my tickets left a bad taste in my mouth after paying their rent for 9 years and I'm not surprised to hear that it's sketchy again this time around. It's just the way they do things. My buddy is a Pats season ticket holder and they way they do things is in a completely different universe.
I called the Pats ticket office because they've begun allowing STH to resell at above face value through TicketExchange. They do NOT flag us as resellers, do NOT punish us for reselling at inflated prices, and essentially let us do whatever we want. I've got hundreds of dollars credited for when I get my bill in a month. Makes a huge difference not having to lay out all that money up front. Bruins policies are ridiculous, especially since they're lacking any substantial waiting list, if they have one at all.

Reactions: Looch

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Glad to hear that they hopefully aren't looking to make a total mess out of the reconfiguration. It makes sense that they have to reconfigure some of the ADA seating - more seats overall means a higher requirement for ADA seating, although I think theoretically it's 1 extra ADA seat for every 200 seats they add, but they might have to rebalance where the seats are located. I just hope they don't screw us over on the pricing. Maybe this year is an anomaly, and Ace just happens to be flooded with tickets. I guess we'll find out for sure in 2-3 weeks (if last year's calendar is any indication) when they release the renewals.

It's nice that the Pats aren't trying to "reclaim" season tickets by screwing long time STHs and getting them to quit. The Bruins have the opposite problem with ticket pricing, IMO - I don't think there's a price cap for the Bruins, but there's a floor that's about half your face value. Not a problem for the regular season or post season, but for pre-season games, I imagine it's tough to sell balcony tickets for $30ish when there's $15 tickets on StubHub. It'd be nice if they created tiers for STH face value - if only so friends could sell tickets to friends without one side feeling like they got a raw deal.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Man all this talk about being flagged as a reseller scares the crap out of me. I started grad school this year so I've had to sell a decent amount of my seats. I've also give a few games to charity so maybe that will get me some brownie points.

Honestly, the way the Bruins do things is so ridiculous. One of my goals since I was a little kid was to become a Bruins season ticket holder. Now that I've experienced it for a couple years, however, its really not as good as I thought it would be.

Reactions: Looch

Stanley11

Mar 24, 2016
Man all this talk about being flagged as a reseller scares the crap out of me. I started grad school this year so I've had to sell a decent amount of my seats. I've also give a few games to charity so maybe that will get me some brownie points.

Honestly, the way the Bruins do things is so ridiculous. One of my goals since I was a little kid was to become a Bruins season ticket holder. Now that I've experienced it for a couple years, however, its really not as good as I thought it would be.

I had season tickets from 2009 until last year. The experience sort of fizzled out for me toward the end and the cost was too much in my opinion. I think they probably got a little cocky picking people off as resellers because of the waiting list. I truly hope the dark days don't come around again, but parity is a b****. The Patriots are smart to know that.

Last edited:

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

If they flag me I'm gone. I've given a bunch away as Xmas gifts and sold a few

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Renewal email came. Mine went from $59 to $64 a seat

In 308. Our row and seats stayed the same.

Last edited:

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
Mine went up from $62 to $66. I signed on in 2016-17 for $59/ticket. I had to pay more since I was new but they said my increases would go slower than others. Safe to say I don't believe them. A 12% increase in 2 years is frustrating, especially since I am barely breaking even (and losing a ton during the week) when factoring in the three worthless pre-season games (one of which almost the entire team was in China for).

gobosox00

Jan 8, 2010
I'm so confused, due to the new layout we were moved from 312 row 2 to 312 row 6 but yet our price went up. Row 2 was always in a higher price level yet they moved us back AND raised our tickets from $70 to $74. Makes no sense. If that's the true price i'm probably going to give up our season tickets we've had for more than decade.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Went from row 3 to row 6 but still on the aisle. Looking at the map there’s something called “loft” sections at the base of the balcony sections. Curious if row 6 is actually row 6 of seats or if there’s a row of tables or something?

We are going from $57 to $59 if we renew and back 3 rows. Pretty crappy to have to make a decision when you don’t even know what it’s going to look like.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Rounds 2 and 3 playoff pricing is ridiculous. Being a Bruins fan is expensive. Getting closer and closer to being out-priced.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Per my rep, rows 2-4 in our section were removed to make an ADA platform so those rows had to be moved.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Renewal email came. Mine went from $59 to $64 a seat

In 308. Our row and seats stayed the same.

same

52415930_426080324828201_1354798080054001664_n-png.189161

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad