OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm really, really close to being done with the Bruins as a STH - and that's after only 3-4 seasons of high anticipation, and 2 seasons of tickets.

Get ready to be squished in your new "premium" seats, folks. In section 304, there were 16, 17, 11, 12, 12, 13, 13 seats in the first 7 rows. They've added a seat to every row except row 4. So, they're either packing us in like sardines, OR they're making getting out of the Garden after a game a pain by making stairways narrower. Unless perhaps a space-expanding wormhole has opened up in the Garden (which might explain the bad ice).

But I'm lucky, right? I don't have to go on the stairway, since I'm in row 3...errrr...now row 5. Literally the borderline case I had in mind when they announced I may be moved.

Surely those extra 6 seats in the front area of my section will decrease my ticket price by *checks email*...raising it by $1. I mean, not as bad as some of you, but...you'd think they could pump the brakes on the price increases on the one year they decide to play musical chairs with everyone, right? I guess with 1.6% inflation, that is kind of a wash.

Well, at least the playoff games are...going up by $2, $3, $4, $5 per seat per game each round?

Good thing I have until March 11 to decide. Oh, wait, if I want to go to the STH events and go to the team event for the entire time, I only have barely over a week. Otherwise, at the team event, it'll cut short - basically get one picture with a Bruin (maybe two), and that's it. Great way to morph "early renewal" into "renew now or lose everything", Bruins.

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
I don't even mind the playoff prices that much but at $66 for me, when you factor in the worthless pre-season tickets, the cost is about $71 a game. It will be very difficult to recover that given the bargain basement prices we've been seeing for weekday games this year.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm really, really close to being done with the Bruins as a STH - and that's after only 3-4 seasons of high anticipation, and 2 seasons of tickets.

Get ready to be squished in your new "premium" seats, folks. In section 304, there were 16, 17, 11, 12, 12, 13, 13 seats in the first 7 rows. They've added a seat to every row except row 4. So, they're either packing us in like sardines, OR they're making getting out of the Garden after a game a pain by making stairways narrower. Unless perhaps a space-expanding wormhole has opened up in the Garden (which might explain the bad ice).

But I'm lucky, right? I don't have to go on the stairway, since I'm in row 3...errrr...now row 5. Literally the borderline case I had in mind when they announced I may be moved.

Surely those extra 6 seats in the front area of my section will decrease my ticket price by *checks email*...raising it by $1. I mean, not as bad as some of you, but...you'd think they could pump the brakes on the price increases on the one year they decide to play musical chairs with everyone, right? I guess with 1.6% inflation, that is kind of a wash.

Well, at least the playoff games are...going up by $2, $3, $4, $5 per seat per game each round?

Good thing I have until March 11 to decide. Oh, wait, if I want to go to the STH events and go to the team event for the entire time, I only have barely over a week. Otherwise, at the team event, it'll cut short - basically get one picture with a Bruin (maybe two), and that's it. Great way to morph "early renewal" into "renew now or lose everything", Bruins.
My rep told me my seats would be the same only maybe a different #. There are only 8 seats because the tunnel cuts through the middle of my section. A fan I know said he heard the seats would be a bit bigger ? I will have to wait and see.

Reactions: talkinaway

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Reading all of this makes me glad I got out when I did.

These prices, especially the playoff tickets are insane. I get they are doing major renovations and such but to keep raising prices this much year after year is simply not fair especially to long time ticket holders.

They couldn't cut people a break at least this year with all the seat changes?

My Stanley Cup Finals tickets in 2011 were $101 per game. Those were the days.

Reactions: Fenway

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
My rep told me my seats would be the same only maybe a different #. There are only 8 seats because the tunnel cuts through the middle of my section. A fan I know said he heard the seats would be a bit bigger ? I will have to wait and see.

Currently, there are at least 6 different seat types throughout the Garden:

1) Super-floof seats in the Club and suites
2) Medium-floof seats on the top rows of the Loge ends (proud pappas, wives, and girlfriends in section 20, I see you!)
3) Padded loge seats
4) Fairly comfy permanent balcony seats
5) Trap-door balcony seats that have virtually no arm rest - usually in rows 3-7 of sections where they can remove seating for ADA

This doesn't include the random chairs on the promenade, and the AT&T zone behind Tuukka and the Heineken zone (or did they change sponsors?) behind the opposing goalie.

Wouldn't surprise me if they have different seats for different sections of the arena. I'm very happy with the amount of space I have now, but given what the airlines have done over the last 20-30 years, there's a trend away from comfort and towards packing people in.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Reading all of this makes me glad I got out when I did.

These prices, especially the playoff tickets are insane. I get they are doing major renovations and such but to keep raising prices this much year after year is simply not fair especially to long time ticket holders.

They couldn't cut people a break at least this year with all the seat changes?

My Stanley Cup Finals tickets in 2011 were $101 per game. Those were the days.
We really enjoy going to the games. I have never had a problem selling the few games we don't go to.
It is too much $$$ and I really should not spend it on the B's but oh well...

Most arenas increase every year. There were a few years where the price stayed the same but that was awhile ago.

I just spoke to my Rep and my section (22) will now be 21 and my seat #'s went from 7 & 8 to 9 & 10. He assured me we will still be right next to the B's in row 2.....we will see

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have mixed feelings about the 3 preseason games - The Bruins justify it by not using dynamic pricing or tiers depending on the opponent during the season. The installment plan the Bruins have is one of the best in the NHL.

The NHL is a gate driven league more than the other sports.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Luckily my seats didnt move since I am in the middle of a row but my Loge section went from having 10 seats in the row to 16! Seems like a lot to pack in.

- Paying full price for 3 preseason games is a RIPOFF!!!!!

Reactions: Ladyfan

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Couple of things I noticed in new seating chart:

Loge row 26 are getting seats installed over the aisles where there are no seats now.

On the shoot twice end:
Loge 3, 10 upper rows are being expanded into current Loge 4 and Loge 9 territory. Loge 3 and 10 are a higher price point so more money for the Bruins.
Loge 4, 5, 8, 9 are smaller due to the expansion of Loge 3 and 10 while Loge 6 and 7 are larger.
Loge 5, 8 will lose rows 1-2.

On the shoot once end:
Can't tell for sure but there is no indication of the ATT Sports Deck still being there.
Loge 15 will lose rows 1-2.
Loges 16, 19, and 20 are a slightly different configuration. Loge 19 looks expanded and Loge 20 will be located where Loge 21 is now. Again looks like Bruins will take in more money as Loge 20 now looks like a side Loge price point and there will be more seats in the section than the current Loge 21 has.

And most important for our own Ladyfan there is no longer a Loge 22. Loge 21 will be the section next to the players tunnel. Also looks like the visitors tunnel by Loge 2 is going to be gone and both teams will be entering/exiting by Loge 21.

Last edited:

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I just spoke to my Rep and my section (22) will now be 21 and my seat #'s went from 7 & 8 to 9 & 10. He assured me we will still be right next to the B's in row 2.....we will see

The new seat chart shows that Loge 21 Seats 9-10 are next to the bench so you are all set. Loge 22 has been eliminated in the new chart.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I have mixed feelings about the 3 preseason games - The Bruins justify it by not using dynamic pricing or tiers depending on the opponent during the season. The installment plan the Bruins have is one of the best in the NHL.

The NHL is a gate driven league more than the other sports.

They actually do have dynamic pricing for single tickets, I think - when you see them claim "STHs save 50% off of single tickets" (or whatever percentage they're spouting), they're comparing prices to the opening blue dot price for each game - the price you see in July or August the first day tickets first come on the market. Those prices DO come down during the season, although I don't think they're as volatile as, say, StubHub or Ace. But you're absolutely right that they don't have "tiers" like the Sox and Patriots.

I agree with you on the preseason tickets - the reason they're "full" price is that the other premium tickets (ie Saturday Habs, Rags, Leafs) are also the same "full" price. In the end, it probably comes a lot closer to evening out than most people think. The schedule was probably not kind to resellers this year, with a Habs game on Monday, and with the Habs games early.

Honestly, I'd love to be able to toss one preseason game back to the Bruins for $61, but I don't think that's going to ever happen. Given beer prices, you'd think they'd pay folks to go to preseason games - they could, and it'd still make a profit. Free beer after the game is better, though.

Last edited:

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
ADA section going in at the top of 330

seats will be cushioned, but only the first 2 rows of the balcony will have cup holders.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Couple of things I noticed in new seating chart:

Loge row 26 are getting seats installed over the aisles where there are no seats now.

On the shoot twice end:
Loge 3, 10 upper rows are being expanded into current Loge 4 and Loge 9 territory. Loge 3 and 10 are a higher price point so more money for the Bruins.
Loge 4, 5, 8, 9 are smaller due to the expansion of Loge 3 and 10 while Loge 6 and 7 are larger.
Loge 5, 8 will lose rows 1-2.

On the shoot once end:
Can't tell for sure but there is no indication of the ATT Sports Deck still being there.
Loge 15 will lose rows 1-2.
Loges 16, 19, and 20 are a slightly different configuration. Loge 19 looks expanded and Loge 20 will be located where Loge 21 is now. Again looks like Bruins will take in more money as Loge 20 now looks like a side Loge price point and there will be more seats in the section than the current Loge 21 has.

And most important for our own Ladyfan there is no longer a Loge 22. Loge 21 will be the section next to the players tunnel. Also looks like the visitors tunnel by Loge 2 is going to be gone and both teams will be entering/exiting by Loge 21.
Oh Oh More opportunity for Ladyfan to get in trouble for saying things to players from the other team...:sarcasm:

Last edited:

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
No one pays what they quote as the non-STH price per game. At $120 my seat in Section 314 Row 13 might be worth buying from the box office for that price for about 5 games a year. Most of the time during the week you can scoop seats like mine up on Stubhub for $50-60 plus fees ( I end up with $40-50). The Bruins telling me I will save $4,752 by renewing two seats is an absolute joke.

Reactions: talkinaway

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
$82 in processing fees for the renewal and playoffs

I was playing around with the renewal box (not renewing until after the Sharks game at the absolute earliest), and funny thing is, I can't get the $16 "pay as we play" charge taken off, even if I volunteer to pay everything upfront. Maybe it comes off in the final screen?

But still - a $25 fee for the season tickets, and a $20 fee for playoff tickets that have already been printed and mailed? The fees are nuts, especially when TicketMaster has some of the WORST customer service out there.

Another funny map thing I noticed - are they taking the back rows of sections 21-2, and feeding them to the Club monster? Seems like fewer rows, but I could be wrong.

LadyFan, you have my permission to yell as much as you want. Especially to Andrew Shaw.

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Oh Oh More opportunity for Ladyfan to get in trouble for saying things to players from the other team...:sarcasm:

You are a naughty Ladyfan:naughty:

Don't get yourself kicked out or lose your season tix for bad behavior.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Say what you will about box office prices but my STH friend had a $125 “box office” price last year and $5 increase. Another $5 increase and their posted rate went down to $120.

Not ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad