Ticket Buying/Selling & Ticket Questions

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I bet they do not want to have one
empty seat next to 2 sold seats.

That is indeed the reason. If there's a group of seats together, they do not want a single left behind. Is very annoying when I'm trying to get a seat for a game that's not in my Half Season plan because I am usually solo for games. :P

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
We aren't really thrilled with the games offered in our mini plan. Selling these games in 302 row H for $90 per pair.

ALL SOLD. Thank you everyone.

Last edited:

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Looking for 2 tix against the Leafs on 10/9. Would prefer hard tickets as a memento.

PM me with thoughts and prices

Chockey Hockey

Jul 4, 2014
Will be vacationing in Clearwater in early Feb. and looking for two lower bowl tickets to game against Blues on Thurs Feb 7.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Stupid question: how much are tickets to a Stanley Cup Final? Hypothetical game 7? I'd imagine the cheap seats would be at least 1000 bucks.

pvilleguru

Oct 13, 2018
Hey, guys. I'll be honest, I'm a Wings fan from Alabama. I'll be in Tampa for work on Feb 9, and am looking to go to the Lighting/Pens game that night. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any tickets for less than $100. If I could find a ticket for less than $80, I'll even buy a Lightning shirt since I definitely won't be cheering for Pitt.

So I guess I have 2 questions:

1. Is anyone willing to sell a ticket for less than or equal to $80?
2. What's the likelihood that I could find a ticket outside the arena before the game?

Thanks for the help.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Hey, guys. I'll be honest, I'm a Wings fan from Alabama. I'll be in Tampa for work on Feb 9, and am looking to go to the Lighting/Pens game that night. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any tickets for less than $100. If I could find a ticket for less than $80, I'll even buy a Lightning shirt since I definitely won't be cheering for Pitt.

So I guess I have 2 questions:

1. Is anyone willing to sell a ticket for less than or equal to $80?
2. What's the likelihood that I could find a ticket outside the arena before the game?

Thanks for the help.

I actually have one available for less than that. I'm a Half Season STM so my price per seat is definitely less than $80. PM me for more info.

Bolts911

Feb 7, 2019
I have 3 seats available for the Bolts/Penguins game this Saturday, February 9. Section 302, row T. PM me if you’re interested ⚡

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Hey everyone I am looking at coming down to Tampa for games 1 and 2 of the Stanley cup playoffs. I have a couple questions.

1. Will I have to buy re sale tickets? or can I get at box office?

2. How much should I expect to pay for lower bowl 10 or so rows up in Tampa shoots twice end? How much for something higher in the second bowl but still decent?

Any other advice?

Thanks everyone. Estimates are perfectly fine.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Stupid question: how much are tickets to a Stanley Cup Final? Hypothetical game 7? I'd imagine the cheap seats would be at least 1000 bucks.

Sorry for the delay in responding, but my Section 330 seat was about $150.00 (normally a $50 seat) for Round 3. So the SCF would have most likely been more like $200 or $250 per game. But that's for a half season ticket member so I do get a discount on my seat. Section 330 isn't bad at all as I'm on the side only one section over from center ice and my row is not far up so I have an excellent view. :DD

Game 7? Probably about $500 via resale. :dunno:

Hey everyone I am looking at coming down to Tampa for games 1 and 2 of the Stanley cup playoffs. I have a couple questions.

2. How much should I expect to pay for lower bowl 10 or so rows up in Tampa shoots twice end? How much for something higher in the second bowl but still decent?

Any other advice?

I answered your questions via Conversation. :)

Basically, y'all want to purchase your tickets via ticketmaster/tampabaylightning.com if you want to get good actual seats. Though the ticketmaster fees are getting ridiculous.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Any other advice?

Updating this because I just got my 2019 Playoff tickets invoice. :cool:

As a Half-Season STM, I will be paying the following for my seat in Section 330 about a third of the way up.
Round 1 - $60 per game
Round 2 - $81 per game
Round 3 - $110 per game
Round 4 - $175 per game

This is with a STM discount so add more for non-STM and double the cost for lower bowl seats for the early rounds. SCF (if we make it that far) would probably triple the prices listed.

Won't be much selection available from the box office for playoff games unless you are looking for a single seat or reeeeeeally high up ones. Resale will not be cheap, but is probably your best bet to get confirmed tickets.

To get an idea of what the view is from any seat/section, check out the virtual arena app below. Just remember that the prices they list are a few years old and for regular games, not playoff games. :DD
Tampa Bay Lightning Virtual Venue™ by IOMEDIA

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
We are definitely not renewing our 10 game plan. If anyone is interested in it for next year, let me know. It's the B plan and in 302 row H close to the aisle. I think next year's cost is $920 for the two seats. When the cards arrive, we'll just drop them in the mail to you.

EDIT: Found someone to take them off our hands.

Last edited:

inmate34785

Mar 27, 2019
Anyone know what the story is regarding playoff tickets? The release they put out says there is a sale for their insider email subscribers on the 29th, but I've yet to get any sort of notice or code for that. Last year they did the text thing, but it wasn't mentioned in the release and I unsubscribed to that after last year's playoffs. The Lightning website doesn't seem to have any info.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Anyone know what the story is regarding playoff tickets? The release they put out says there is a sale for their insider email subscribers on the 29th, but I've yet to get any sort of notice or code for that. Last year they did the text thing, but it wasn't mentioned in the release and I unsubscribed to that after last year's playoffs. The Lightning website doesn't seem to have any info.
I was emailed a code to use today for the first round and a link to go through. The email came around 12:40 PM and the pre-sale was at 1:00 PM.

inmate34785

Mar 27, 2019
I was emailed a code to use today for the first round and a link to go through. The email came around 12:40 PM and the pre-sale was at 1:00 PM.

That was for the current season ticket members, I'm seeking info for those of us that are just on the email list after the season ticket holders get their fill. Though interesting that they didn't give you much notice, the release I saw didn't even give the time of day for the season ticket holders sale or the email list sale. Did they send anything else out in advance?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
That was for the current season ticket members, I'm seeking info for those of us that are just on the email list after the season ticket holders get their fill. Though interesting that they didn't give you much notice, the release I saw didn't even give the time of day for the season ticket holders sale or the email list sale. Did they send anything else out in advance?
I just looked and they sent an email on the 21st telling us that it's on the 27th at 1:00 PM and that we'll get an email 15 minutes prior to the sale.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Just picked up my tickets for game 1 & 2

250 usd per ticket. Ouch. Can’t imagine what the price will be for the cup final.

Keep in mind we’re from Canada where we get mauled on the dollar exchange.

Troy Dixon

Apr 9, 2019
Good day hockey fans. My family and I planned a trip to Tampa next week for some sun and relaxation. My daughter loves the Lightening and I thought it would be a great surprise to get some tickets to a playoff game. Usually my wife would look after this but I wanted it to be a surprise, so did it myself. There is a reason why my wife does this! I ordered tickets for Game 2 but we are not in Tampa for this game. If ANYBODY knows of anyone looking for tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad