GDT: Thursday November 6 | Wild @ Sens | 730 EST | TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Anderson still excels over Lehner in two facets, puck handling and rebound control. Lehner through time hopefully gets better at rebound control, but Lehner will never be as good as Andy in the puck handling category, that is a certainty.

Also to the poster who said it was an ugly win, really? Besides a little flurry in the second I thought we played a great game. We capitalize on our chances and cleared away the rebounds and gave Andy every chance to see the puck.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
We should agree as a board not to make any Sens related threads on the main boards. If they're made by non fans, so be it. But its been fun being under the radar and not bragging so far. Very nice.

EDIT: That Anderson doesnt count. It was super lame.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We should agree as a board not to make any Sens related threads on the main boards. If they're made by non fans, so be it. But its been fun being under the radar and not bragging so far. Very nice.

You just noticed that Craig Anderson thread didn't you? :laugh:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Anderson tonight played his best game since NYR 2-0 shutout dominating performance in game 6. Or against Montreal in 12-13 regular season when he stoned Prust twice in same game.

This was one of the most technically brilliant games I've seen Anderson ever play. What a performance by him. He was completely unphased.

When Anderson is unphased he is a top 5 goalie. His problem has always been consistency but the last time he looked this good he ended up breaking the record for sv% so lets hope, bros... let's hope.

Huge hats off to Andy.

The entire team was dynamic. You have to be to win 3-0 against one of the powerhouses in the league who played REALLY WELL. We just played even better.

Hoffman... hoffman is gonna be a star. He is the only forward we have who can be a game-breaking forward every shift just due to his speed and skill alone.

It's unbelievable how our 3rd line is playing consistently as our best line and they're all rookies. Lead by Lazar who's only 19 and was Toews out there tonight.

Cowen looked amazing. He looked like an impact player. Wow, thank God man. Our dreams may come true folks.

Boro looked so, so, so good.

Gryba is becoming our most dependable defender in the grind.

This team plays better without Phillips. Most importantly, Karlsson plays better without Phillips.

What a statement victory.

Im not sure where you get that from. THe Sens were badly outshot in this game, if it wasn't for the disparity between the goalies this is a probable win for the Wild.

The Sens didn't look bad, but they didn't look great either. Goaltending made them look a lot better than they were tonight in my opinion.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Can all the Andy haters **** now? Seriously brilliant game from him and I still think he should be getting the bigger starts vis-a-vis Lehner (who has also been brilliant of course). Great place to be goaltending wise. We really can't lose night to night.

Another brutal night for attendance sub-17000 officially and likely sub-16000 in reality.

What's going on Ottawa... C'mon. Those are Columbus/Dallas numbers. :shakehead

Are you really wondering why it wasn't a sellout for a game on Thursday against Minnesota in November?

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Because HFSens is (apparently?) the male equivalent to 14 year old Twilight fans, apparently, where we have #TeamLehner because he's so dreamy and #TeamAnderson is gross and bald and ugly.

I love Lehner, may even be a fan boy. But I've always thought it would be never season with his first legit shot at grabbing the starting gig.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Because HFSens is (apparently?) the male equivalent to 14 year old Twilight fans, apparently, where we have #TeamLehner because he's so dreamy and #TeamAnderson is gross and bald and ugly.

BJTn0ZxCIAAnlg_.jpg_large.jpg

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Are you really wondering why it wasn't a sellout for a game on Thursday against Minnesota in November?

It wasn't 'not a sellout', it was pretty weak attendance and it's been two games in a row. Everyone nailed the Panthers to a wall for bad attendance on a monday against Ottawa so I think it's fair to make the point and ask whether this is a bigger issue.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It wasn't 'not a sellout', it was pretty weak attendance and it's been two games in a row. Everyone nailed the Panthers to a wall for bad attendance on a monday against Ottawa so I think it's fair to make the point and ask whether this is a bigger issue.

...that Panthers game definitely had less than 5k in the building. Don't know what kind of math they're teaching in school these days, but in my day 16K >> 5k. No comparison.

Pretty amazing game last night. Not sure how long Andy & Lehner can hold down the fort like this, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Cowen is improving by leaps and bounds, the kid line is tons of fun to watch, Erik is rounding into form, Zibby's line has been solid and the points should be right around the corner......things are looking real nice right now.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The lines allowed what, 1 goal against all year? They seem to be doing fine.

that stat is really backing them up... i tend to see that line get hemmed in their zone quite a bit though (i get that happens sometimes) but smith-legwand condra would be so much more effective.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I hate the whole "This game should be 3-1 for the other team" or "We only won because of Anderson" or "luck" or whatever else.

Bottom line, team is winning. Doesn't matter if you hate Legwand or Neil. Fact is, the decisions made today by the coaching staff has directly led to a 3 goal lead late in the 3rd.

Sure, the Wild could be up 3-1. But they're not.

meh, i could roll with this.

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
Unbelievable. A convincing 3-0 win against a great NHL team, and there are actually ice time complaints?

Un. Believable.

1) Anderson was insane
2) Backstrom was horrible
3) flip goalies and we lose 8 - 0

Hardly a convincing win - is this not worth some conversation? Not interested that our supposed 2nd and 3rd lines are offensive black holes or our 2-goal scorer had the lowest ice-time? Un. Believable. x 10

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Really?

The Minnesota Wild on a Thursday?

For the record, I was in the stands.

I hope you were too.

bonehead said:
1) Anderson was insane
2) Backstrom was horrible
3) flip goalies and we lose 8 - 0

Hardly a convincing win - is this not worth some conversation? Not interested that our supposed 2nd and 3rd lines are offensive black holes or our 2-goal scorer had the lowest ice-time? Un. Believable. x 10

Anderson played well down the stretch but Ottawa had the higher quality scoring chances IMO. (aside from that post)

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Love this team, what an effort by the boys....all lines firing right now and getting elite world class goaltending is such a treat!

Special mention to Cowen who i thought pretty much played the perfect game, really really happy for the big dude.....and then Andy, once I saw all the smiling he was doing midway through the game i pretty much knew Minny was not getting anything by the guy, he was locked and loaded last night, burning them and earning them!

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
MacArthur-Turris-Zibanejad
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone
Ryan-Legwand-Chiasson
Michalek-Smith-Condra

Boro-Karlsson (These two need to be stapled together)
Cowen-Ceci
Phillips-Gryba
Wiercioch

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That first period was a snore.

Gift-wrapped 2 easy PPs and a 4 on 4 with no offense to show for it.

Credit to Boro for waking the team up in the 2nd and somehow drawing a penalty (and a PPG) in the process.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I was at the game. Solid win. Anderson was obviously amazing, but I thought the team as a whole, outside of a couple mistakes, were pretty good. Was really impressed by the kid line, but I was always happy that line was together. Hoffman is really growing in confidence and as he adjusts more he just looks better. Lazar was awesome and that embellishment call was a bit much for me. They were missing Parise, but I don't think he changes the outcome of that game.

All that said we can't get outshot every single game and hope to be successful. I remember the Toronto faithful making jokes about it last year until it all came crashing down around them. At some point we're going to have to really start controlling the flow of the game and not letting the other team dictate the tempo and hope our goalies/quick breaks bail us out.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Funny still seeing other fanbases discount the Sens, scratching their heads how did we lose to this team??? They are supposed to be terrible???

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Funny still seeing other fanbases discount the Sens, scratching their heads how did we lose to this team??? They are supposed to be terrible???

Yip, it's going to be a common occurrence this season.

BTW, not sure why the MIN coach and fans were upset with the Scandella penalty. It's a standard instigator penalty that has been called regularly in the NHL. Hell, Boro and Neil were called for that just recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad