GDT: Thursday November 6 | Wild @ Sens | 730 EST | TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
Yeah exactly.

Thing is, for all we know Maclean has been increasing the difficulty of those minutes, playing them against tougher opponents and gauging trust.

Most of their icetime tonight was against Pominville-Granlund-Vanek line tonight so this may be true.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I just heard on the post-game that the 3 kids went to Pmac and asked to play together.

That's not only ultra ballsy, that is great player-coach communication. They're backing it up with their play.

It should be the coaches job to read that they could be good together but he failed at that, and good on the players for coming together and doing the best thing for their careers. Still disappointed that they only averaged less then 11 mins....

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
It should be the coaches job to read that they could be good together but he failed at that, and good on the players for coming together and doing the best thing for their careers. Still disappointed that they only averaged less then 11 mins....

Forget about it. That didn't happen. It was MacLean's call.
Some guy sent in an email on the post game show with that idea and Mendes with others came to a conclusion stuff like that could never happen.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Who do people think was the speaker. Money on lazar.

The answer is nobody because this never happened.

Do you honestly think a rookie, who has no clue whether or not he's even going to play a 10th game, would ever do that? Especially one like Lazar?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The answer is nobody because this never happened.

Do you honestly think a rookie, who has no clue whether or not he's even going to play a 10th game, would ever do that? Especially one like Lazar?
Oh screw it. I'm running with this story.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Anderson tonight played his best game since NYR 2-0 shutout dominating performance in game 6. Or against Montreal in 12-13 regular season when he stoned Prust twice in same game.

This was one of the most technically brilliant games I've seen Anderson ever play. What a performance by him. He was completely unphased.

When Anderson is unphased he is a top 5 goalie. His problem has always been consistency but the last time he looked this good he ended up breaking the record for sv% so lets hope, bros... let's hope.

Huge hats off to Andy.

The entire team was dynamic. You have to be to win 3-0 against one of the powerhouses in the league who played REALLY WELL. We just played even better.

Hoffman... hoffman is gonna be a star. He is the only forward we have who can be a game-breaking forward every shift just due to his speed and skill alone.

It's unbelievable how our 3rd line is playing consistently as our best line and they're all rookies. Lead by Lazar who's only 19 and was Toews out there tonight.

Cowen looked amazing. He looked like an impact player. Wow, thank God man. Our dreams may come true folks.

Boro looked so, so, so good.

Gryba is becoming our most dependable defender in the grind.

This team plays better without Phillips. Most importantly, Karlsson plays better without Phillips.

What a statement victory.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
- Best I've seen our defense play all season. Every defenseman brought something different to the table. Cowen was a monster.

- Our kid line is probably our second best line.

- Did Michalek play?

edit: and once again RKL beats me by a hair and posts pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Can all the Andy haters **** now? Seriously brilliant game from him and I still think he should be getting the bigger starts vis-a-vis Lehner (who has also been brilliant of course). Great place to be goaltending wise. We really can't lose night to night.

Another brutal night for attendance sub-17000 officially and likely sub-16000 in reality.

What's going on Ottawa... C'mon. Those are Columbus/Dallas numbers. :shakehead

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
- Best I've seen our defense play all season. Every defenseman brought something different to the table. Cowen was a monster.

- Our kid line is probably our second best line.

- Did Michalek play?

edit: and once again RKL beats me by a hair and posts pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Hahaha, great minds, bro. Your first statement is absolutely key. Our defense looked so well rounded and looked like they played their roles to a T. Phillips is too unpredictable and messes up any pairing he is on.

And yea, I think Michalek prevents our 2nd line from becoming another threat offensively. Every play on his stick dies and he almost never wins a board battle. He has been trying harder lately though and Im not tryna discredit him but he has no place left on this team if he can't produce as a 2nd line LW. Which he can't.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Forget about it. That didn't happen. It was MacLean's call.
Some guy sent in an email on the post game show with that idea and Mendes with others came to a conclusion stuff like that could never happen.

Guess I heard it wrong then.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Can all the Andy haters **** now? Seriously brilliant game from him and I still think he should be getting the bigger starts vis-a-vis Lehner (who has also been brilliant of course). Great place to be goaltending wise. We really can't lose night to night.

Another brutal night for attendance sub-17000 officially and likely sub-16000 in reality.

What's going on Ottawa... C'mon. Those are Columbus/Dallas numbers. :shakehead

Early in the year, people don't want to make the pilgrimage.. same old story. Shouldn't be surprising.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This was the definition of an ugly win.

What this game came down to was amazing saves by Anderson and awful goals let in by Backstrom.

Having said that, goaltending is a part of the team. Glad that Anderson got the shutout.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
Can we call it the Dodgeball Line please? Blade - Laser - Blazer (idea taken from someone on Ian's article on tsn) Also kinda ties in with them being young.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
All though I am #TeamLehner, Gotta give credit where credit is due.
vYaqw2F.png

Lehner is still better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad