GDT: Threepeat contenders @ just happy to get some Ovechkin goals and two games of playoff revenue, 7:37pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
:rant:

i was liking vitek until his recent struggles. he was making some strong saves

sammy pissed me off but at this point he's doing the same thing vitek does. shit goals like 10 seconds into the game

Reactions: Neil Racki

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I just can't wrap my head around how we're this far into this dude's career and he's still spinning out of his crease like a maple seed every time he tries to go post to post.

Goaltending isn't a position I know the ins and outs of, and sometimes we've seen goalie coaches look like they're close to breaking a guy before putting all the parts back together, but... I don't see anything getting any better like, at all.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm pissed because Vitek showed the most potential and I've seen him make some just dazzling saves but he's had a tough stretch lately. I am sold on Vitek. Samsonov has been iffy all year.

Reactions: PlushMinus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
VV is still fundamentally stronger than Sammy. Neither one is going to be consistent with that defense in front of them.

They didn't call a players only meeting to mainly discuss goaltending.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
VV is still fundamentally stronger than Sammy. Neither one is going to be consistent with that defense in front of them.

They didn't call a players only meeting to mainly discuss goaltending.

My 10 year old daughter had some friends over, listening to music being goofy kids ... I said "Alexa play misfits skulls".

Seemed appropriate to me.

Reactions: g00n

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
vaEUTFl.png

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
still cant believe they didnt get a 3rd option in net at the deadline. Vanny is mediocre and Sammy is unreliable. Time to revert to run and gun since they will need to score 5 or more to win

Reactions: Neil Racki

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Confidence in your 'mates goes both ways. Skaters are more likely to think, "Here we go again" when their keeper lets in a softy early on. Goalies are likewise apt to think, "Does anybody want to help out on defense/clear the f'in puck?" when their 'mates allow odd-man rushes or fail to move the puck. I wonder how much VV trusts the skaters in front of him. Sure, he's let in some softies lately, but team d hasn't been stellar, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad