OT: Thread About Nothing 212….wishing it was 2112

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
my friend Billy Milano started a thrash metal band back in the 80's and poked fun at so many musicians, including Dio, here's his "Ballad of Dio" !!

Your friend? He is from Oakland right?

And I thought it was Stormtroopers of Death?

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Your friend? He is from Oakland right?

And I thought it was Stormtroopers of Death?
got his fame from SOD, (the guys from Anthrax were in SOD), then basically got kicked out because of his attitude!, and started MOD, he's from Northvale but has lived in Hoboken and other parts of NJ, he's now in Austin Texas still trying to do the music thing.
watch this nut job at 2:12 jump off the amp into the crowd!!!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
got his fame from SOD, (the guys from Anthrax were in SOD), then basically got kicked out because of his attitude!, and started MOD, he's from Northvale but has lived in Hoboken and other parts of NJ, he's now in Austin Texas still trying to do the music thing.
watch this nut job at 2:12 jump off the amp into the crowd!!!

I met him in 84 or 85 in Oakland and he said he was from there. There was an arcade near Indian Hills HS. That use to have bands play on Saturday night. I sang in a band back then and did a Misfits Last Caress thing with a little improv. It was fun.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I met him in 84 or 85 in Oakland and he said he was from there. There was an arcade near Indian Hills HS. That use to have bands play on Saturday night. I sang in a band back then and did a Misfits Last Caress thing with a little improv. It was fun.
thats cool, and I don't know why he would say he was from Oakland but he did tell some stories!, Me and Billy grew up in Northvale and were very tight, he put my name on all the albums he put out. I was also his personal mechanic lol, I fixed all his hot rods and vans he needed to lug his equipment all over the place. One night when I was 17 he had a party at his house we all got loaded and he then said theres a better party in Harrington Park (2 towns over), we all hopped in our cars and I t-boned his Delta 88 with my Thunderbird when he made an unexpected left turn! luckily no injuries but both cars were totaled and I lost my license, good times !! You'd like hanging with him nowadays as he's into fishing big time.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
And I'll always love Ronnie for getting me an A in freshman English using his opening to Last Line for my writing assignment.

We're a ship without a storm
The cold without the warm
Light inside the darkness that it needs,
We're a laugh without a tear
The hope without the fear

I added to it but that stuff got me into an honors class sophomore year.

dio 'logo' upside down man

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
these guys kill it

and it's fun god forbid!

I've seen this before.

I'm sure they'd be alright to see at the mercury lounge or maybe even bowery as an opener if a friend brought me. But are you really throwing this on your playlist to listen to while doing, well, anything?

It's 90's ska without most of the fun parts.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I've seen this before.

I'm sure they'd be alright to see at the mercury lounge or maybe even bowery as an opener if a friend brought me. But are you really throwing this on your playlist to listen to while doing, well, anything?

It's 90's ska without most of the fun parts.

agree, they would be more of a live band to see than on a playlist like you mentioned

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Got married Sunday outside in Central Park. Aside from the blistering cold it went off without a hitch. We’re having an in person ceremony in April of next year.
Congratulations! I wish you both a life of happiness.

Had you been putting it off because the pandemic?

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I was just covid tested and that swab up my nose might have been the most uncomfortable thing I have ever dealt with. It was an hour ago and I have a splitting headache now from that.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I was just covid tested and that swab up my nose might have been the most uncomfortable thing I have ever dealt with. It was an hour ago and I have a splitting headache now from that.
I've had 4-5, two within the last two weeks. They're certainly not pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad