OT: Thread About Nothing 212….wishing it was 2112

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
take the 12 minutes and listen to this all through …...stick it out

4 minutes of covers…..like a game show of 'guessing' or "name that tune"….funny as f***

…but it is all the shit…..these guys were on...

that reid diamond RIP thunderbird bass bite ….f***ing drive the truck

…….and turn it up

…and enjoy the 2:22 part, partner

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What's happening in DC today is obviously political (and a lot of other things), there are other places on the internet to discuss that. We're not turning this thread into a free-for-all so kindly move on.

Last edited:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If anyone is looking for something to watch I highly suggest "Schulz Saves America" on Netflix. I'm biased because I've been a huge fan for a while but his Netflix special is absolute gold. There are 4 16ish minute shorts on different topics but you have to pay attention, not just listen. It's fantastic.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
shit shots off the camera but i finally got my wood stove in 2 days ago…had 2 full fires too

both evenings were similar…took the uninsulated shed from 14 to 41 F both nights (-10 to 5 C)…….it was glorious

better photos would be better….but for now…this

Last edited:
Reactions: TheUnseenHand

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

Attachments

• stove1.jpg
    stove1.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: JimEIV

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Finally done!

Table - Black Walnut
Drawers - Birch
Finish - General Finishes High Performance Polyurethane Flat Water Based Topcoat
Fall Flap Hinges
Fall Flap Latches

en3z8r9.jpg

zmaxwso.jpg

9G9uxch.jpg

hJvV1pv.jpg

yJD8YPa.jpg

superb man

i did something similar as your flap drawer in the shed but my drawer has a fully removable front with two plates with keyholes and screw type of thing to lift the face off to reveal the drawer (if that makes sense)

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Live version is better

I'm waiting in my cold cell when the bell begins to chime
Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much time
'Cause at 5 o'clock, they take me to the Gallows Pole
The sands of time for me are running low, yeah!
When the priest comes to read me the last rites
I take a look through the bars at the last sights
Of a world that has gone very wrong for me
Can it be that there's some sort of error
Hard to stop the surmounting terror
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Somebody please tell me that I'm dreaming
It's not easy to stop from screaming
The words escape me when I try to speak
Tears flow, but why am I crying
After all I'm not afraid of dying
Don't I believe that there never is an end
As the guards march me out to the courtyard
Somebody cries from a cell "God be with you"
If there's a God then why has he let me go?
As I walk all my life drifts before me
And though the end is near I'm not sorry
Catch my soul, it's willing to fly away
Mark my words, believe my soul lives on
Don't worry now that I have gone
I've gone beyond to seek the truth
When you know that your time is close at hand
Maybe then you'll begin to understand
Life down here is just a strange illusion
Yeah, hallowed be thy name
Yeah, hallowed by thy name
Yeah

Reactions: Bleedred

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Fantastic.

Thanks! Handing it off I thought it would definitely make a sweeting tying desk

superb man

i did something similar as your flap drawer in the shed but my drawer has a fully removable front with two plates with keyholes and screw type of thing to lift the face off to reveal the drawer (if that makes sense)

Thank you! I think I get what you're saying. I did something similar with a box joint jig.

Well done, and your workshop looks fantastic, very clean and comforting like a bedroom!

I had to take a picture outside of the workshop because to workshop is so small I couldn't back up far enough to get the whole table in a single picture :laugh: That is the room it's going to live in.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I had to take a picture outside of the workshop because to workshop is so small I couldn't back up far enough to get the whole table in a single picture :laugh: That is the room it's going to live in.
(I was messing with you about the workshop, I saw your workshop in the earlier pics)
But again, very nice job, I'm a perfectionist and notice the details like the hinges/latches etc, very tedious and precise work. I give it a 10 out of 10
(oh remember, measure twice, cut once!!!!)

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Finally done!

Table - Black Walnut
Drawers - Birch
Finish - General Finishes High Performance Polyurethane Flat Water Based Topcoat
Fall Flap Hinges
Fall Flap Latches

en3z8r9.jpg

zmaxwso.jpg

9G9uxch.jpg

hJvV1pv.jpg

yJD8YPa.jpg

Oh wow dude that came out amazing! I remember the fish tank stand you did. I need some better wood working tools and some more space. The little space I have is taken up with surfboards and glassing supplies, I'll have to post some pics of the boards I've been making.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Oh wow dude that came out amazing! I remember the fish tank stand you did. I need some better wood working tools and some more space. The little space I have is taken up with surfboards and glassing supplies, I'll have to post some pics of the boards I've been making.

I'd love to see that! Making surfboards must be a blast! I know what you mean about space. I have very little as well. This was a challenge in my tiny garage.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'd love to see that! Making surfboards must be a blast! I know what you mean about space. I have very little as well. This was a challenge in my tiny garage.
Yeah it is fun but messy, surfboards are expensive as hell these days and I'm cheap so I build a few every year for myself and some friends. I used to do a lot more and sell them but don't have the space, I've probably made around 80 of them, I'll post some pics later.

What kind of equipment do you have? I only have the basic stuff like a table saw, chop saw and a router. I'd love to get a jointer and a planer and get a setup to do those pocket screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad