OT: Thread About Nothing 212….wishing it was 2112

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Came home from work and saw the news about Daft Punk calling it quits. Not sure if I would call it an end of an era but they definitely had an extremely strong impact on electronic music and deservedly have a place cemented in history. Personally I'm not that big into electronic music but I definitely enjoyed most of their creations. "Homework" was an album that really helped introduce me more into that genre. Happy retirement to them I guess.

Now here's a song that always gets me going:

And goddammit, at the time I figured skipping the show at the cyclones stadium in '07 was just fine. I regretted it not long after but really regret it now.

I'm a big believer that bands breaking up is bullshit and it just takes the right amount of money to get them to tolerate each other for a few hours, but live Nation, bowery, and golden voice have been throwing millions at these guys for years.

Thanks for the music guys.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
152342838_10124902663379854_6737626139690612396_o.jpg

So I made a lure. This is a big ol Rat L Trap clone I intend to use for big pike. The first coat of clear coat got a bit messed up as is obvious in the picture. I think it was just way too cold in the garage. Otherwise, though, it worked out well. The action is really good as is the sink rate and the rattle. Not bad for one of my early attempts. Carved from solid poplar, should last a while.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
oh ya, love bruce…..got almost all his albums, mostly on vinyl (have about 19' in my collection)

dont really know much other then the radio stuff….. i do like this though

seems they were a lot different earlier on

the Goo Goo Dolls was somewhat of a joke, I Googled "best bands from Buffalo" !!!!!
I know your disdain for Buffalo
they sounded a lot different early on for sure
a lot of bands start out doing what they like, then trend toward selling records !

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
152342838_10124902663379854_6737626139690612396_o.jpg

So I made a lure. This is a big ol Rat L Trap clone I intend to use for big pike. The first coat of clear coat got a bit messed up as is obvious in the picture. I think it was just way too cold in the garage. Otherwise, though, it worked out well. The action is really good as is the sink rate and the rattle. Not bad for one of my early attempts. Carved from solid poplar, should last a while.
Looks good, (he's looking right at me!) the running clear coat almost looks like fins or something!
They say, big bait gets big fish
I once used a salt water lure in the local water reservoir, all my friends laughed at me while they had night-crawlers on little hooks, no foolin, 20 minutes later I reeled in the biggest large mouth bass any of us had ever seen !!!!

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Looks good, (he's looking right at me!) the running clear coat almost looks like fins or something!
They say, big bait gets big fish
I once used a salt water lure in the local water reservoir, all my friends laughed at me while they had night-crawlers on little hooks, no foolin, 20 minutes later I reeled in the biggest large mouth bass any of us had ever seen !!!!

This is actually a pretty common pike catcher for me. The thing I hate about them is the big treble hooks are really tough on the fish. I've actually stopped using them because of it. So I installed the screw eyes 90 degrees off of normal on this one so I can install a couple single hooks without them hanging awkwardly sideways off the bait. Hoping this works as I really hate how much the trebles tear the fish up.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I will drag my son to see Tedeschi Trucks once this is all over. Not that they don’t make their own great music but I’d love to see them play their best covers as a full show. I regret never seeing the Allmans with Derek.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Anyone else on twitter? - Trying to build my new one to a respectable feed

@AmateurAdult11

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I will drag my son to see Tedeschi Trucks once this is all over. Not that they don’t make their own great music but I’d love to see them play their best covers as a full show. I regret never seeing the Allmans with Derek.

Allmans with Derek and warren were fun. Caught them a few times, memorably at the beacon.

Reactions: My3Sons

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
giving this legendary album a listen once again tonight…..i remember hearing it when it came out….and i wasnt even into this stuff in the 90s'…but this hit me…… its terrific

DJ Shadow: Endtroducing... [Deluxe Edition]

Just an unbelievable album, top to bottom.

Just looked up the album on Wikipedia - Dan the Automator helped engineer it. Damn, legendary.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
OK, I could listen to Gilmour play any random collection of notes and love it, but there is something about those four notes. I actually passed on the Gimour Floyd because I was such an idiot I wanted to see Waters since he wrote the songs. I saw Waters with Clapton which was fun but I'm still kicking myself. If Gilmour tours again when this is over my wife already knows that my youngest and I are going. Period end of discussion we are going.

Reactions: Oneiro

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
its been a while since I gave it listen….and im still in amazement

I got to see DJ Shadow live about 15 years ago with Cut Chemist. I remember two things:

-At one point, they both put on these contraptions that had four turntables each on them, and just did some really wild sampling and scratching.

-They did a live mashup that was the singing from the "Gilligan's Island" theme over "Stairway to Heaven" - and it worked.

I'm glad DJ Shadow is still making music. You may recognize the instrumental from this more recent song of his from a car commercial that plays regularly during Devils games:

Also, best opening line from any song, ever:

"Picture this, I'm a bag of dicks. / Put me to your lips."

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I got to see DJ Shadow live about 15 years ago with Cut Chemist. I remember two things:

-At one point, they both put on these contraptions that had four turntables each on them, and just did some really wild sampling and scratching.

-They did a live mashup that was the singing from the "Gilligan's Island" theme over "Stairway to Heaven" - and it worked.

I'm glad DJ Shadow is still making music. You may recognize the instrumental from this more recent song of his from a car commercial that plays regularly during Devils games:

Also, best opening line from any song, ever:

"Picture this, I'm a bag of dicks. / Put me to your lips."

shadow getting respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad