Thoughts on the Edmonton Oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
You could easily use your dismissal of p/60 to dismiss ppg. You may not like it but playing more makes it easier to get more points

I do not care about stats that make assumptions or inferences, so I do dismiss it. There are way too many other factors that effect a players performance totals then simply playing a couple more minutes a game.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Boeser >>>> Matthews thanks for clearing this up for everyone.
Matthews has 3.11 p/60 at ES, Boeser has 2.86. McDavid is sitting at 2.81 though, so I guess Boeser > McDavid if you want to go that way. Personally I don't see the need to turn this into a pissing match when we could focus on the general application of a stat though

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Want to know what's really insecure?

After Micheal Haley fought Darnell Nurse, another poster changed his name to HaleyDestroyedNurse. Then you changed your name to NurseDestroyedHaley in response.
And now, you change your name to McdavidCrushedLarkin. :ha:

You seem to have me mixed up with someone else you stalk, I didn't have any name related to Nurse or Haley. Insecurity confirmed, thanks for coming out champ.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I thought I was in the wrong thread for a moment when I came in here expecting to see updates and discussion on the Oilers. But instead saw posts by Leafs posters posting about Matthews. Then I looked again at the title and yes, it was indeed a thoughts on the Edmonton Oilers. Normally I would say how did this happen? But then I thought about it, and laughed, should anyone be surprised?

Reactions: McNuge and snipes

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Matthews has 3.11 p/60 at ES, Boeser has 2.86. McDavid is sitting at 2.81 though, so I guess Boeser > McDavid if you want to go that way. Personally I don't see the need to turn this into a pissing match when we could focus on the general application of a stat though
Well was that not your argument trying to portray Matthews as better than McDavid . Matthews is not even top 10 player in this league yet and only ones claiming this are Leaf fans Leaf media go figure hey

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I thought I was in the wrong thread for a moment when I came in here expecting to see updates and discussion on the Oilers. But instead saw posts by Leafs posters posting about Matthews. Then I looked again at the title and yes, it was indeed a thoughts on the Edmonton Oilers. Normally I would say how did this happen? But then I thought about it, and laughed, should anyone be surprised?

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You bring up the Leafs in unrelated threads all the time.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
The two are not mutually exclusive.

Matthews is the example of how to Put your future star player in a position to succeed. McDavid is the opposig example, it's a reasonable comparison.

Art Ross, Hart Trophy and sprinkle in a little Ted Lindsay award at age 20.....but yeah your point is completely valid.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You bring up the Leafs in unrelated threads all the time.

Not really. But do back this up by pointing this out if I do as you claim. As I surmise you had no better reply for Leafs posters derailing all threads on the mainboard just to talk pump Matthews.

Last edited:
Reactions: VainGretzky

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Not really. But do point this out if I do next time as I surmise you have no better reply for derailing all threads on the mainboard just to talk pump Matthews.

You don't? Must have been a different Winter Soldier bringing up Marner in the Kyle Connor thread. I don't point it out because you do it to try and get a reaction, so why give you what you crave?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You don't? Must have been a different Winter Soldier bringing up Marner in the Kyle Connor thread. I don't point it out because you do it to try and get a reaction, so why give you what you crave?

Again wrong thread. You want to discuss what I posted in the Connor thread. Post it in there. If you have a bone to pick, have the decency and respect to not derail this thread for the Oilers fans, and NHL fans that want to discuss the Oilers and not Leafs players.

Reactions: VainGretzky

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Again wrong thread. You want to discuss what I posted in the Connor thread. Post it in there. If you have a bone to pick, have the decency and respect to not derail this thread for the Oilers fans, and NHL fans that want to discuss the Oilers and not Leafs players.

Agreed. I apologize for pointing out your blatant hypocrisy. Let's get this thread back on track, let's talk about the Oilers.

I think the Davidson claim was a good move. He's always gotten solid results, you can do a lot worse on the bottom pair. I read that he feels like he's home in Edmonton, that's nice to hear.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto

Just stay on topic already, thanks. I am a fan of the NHL that wants to read about the Oilers, not your personal battles. Cheers.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If Edmonton could play Calgary 40 times a year, they'd finish with the best record in the league.

I don't know what it is about these two teams, but no matter how bad Edmonton is playing or no matter how good Calgary is playing, Edmonton seems to have their number.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Ok serious question.

Klefbom has sucked this year we can all agree. My question is, will he bounce back?

Chiarelli gave a vaguely mysterious statement a week or two ago saying that there was something behind Klefboms terrible play and they were trying to deal with it. Could be an injury or something more personal, either way, if he can get past it, there's no reason to think he can't rebound.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Thought the thread would've ended by now, I guess the new update made the change so that threads last longer.

I personally don't know if I should comment anymore on the Oilers, I practically gave up on them at this point and doubt they get anywhere.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
McDavid is still sick?! I hope I don't get whatever he has.

Does it matter? 2pts in the last three games on 14 goals for. Secondary scoring is finally waking up. It's too bad about the injuries to Talbot, Larsson, Sekera.

We're still going to win the Corsi Cup. Book it :)

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
If Edmonton could play Calgary 40 times a year, they'd finish with the best record in the league.

I don't know what it is about these two teams, but no matter how bad Edmonton is playing or no matter how good Calgary is playing, Edmonton seems to have their number.
Did you just start watching hockey last season The Flames were 10-1-1 in 12 games as the Saturday broadcast showed before the 16-17 season. The Flames owned the Oilers for nearly their entire rebuild. The Oilers have certainly turned the tables recently, but they’ve got a long way to go to match what the Flames did to them for the better part of a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad