Thoughts on the Arizona Coyotes?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
We've been seeing them draft "promising this and promising that" for the last how many years" They've had one good playoff year 5-6 years ago, after that not much to write home about. Its just been more of the same, so yeah I can see what the other poster was saying.

I get that, but i can't see the logic behind seeing a team add guys like Stepan and Hammer and saying "nahh, this is just same old same old".

Like teams do this every summer :laugh:

I think it's just people having the "they suck regardless" syndrome without actually taking a proper look of what they have. If the Yotes only added Keller and Strome to the team this summer, then yes i would think it's not going to result in miracles and it's likely it's just status quo for the most part.

The guys they brought in literally ticks every single box of what they were looking for.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Derek Stepan and his 50 points don't inspire a lot of confidence in making the big jump IMO and neither does Hjalmarsson, who has a ton of miles of him despite being only 30
They have some good young talent but there's too many what ifs at the moment

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Derek Stepan and his 50 points don't inspire a lot of confidence in making the big jump IMO and neither does Hjalmarsson, who has a ton of miles of him despite being only 30
They have some good young talent but there's too many what ifs at the moment

I'm a Coyotes fan and I agree with you. Way too many things have to go just right. And one of them was a healthy and progressing Chychrun. So that's a tough start already.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
50% of reaching the playoffs in my opinion. Lots of young guys, if they can get a good start and gain confidence & momentum, who knows how far they'll go.

OEL & Hammer is one hell of a 1st pairing too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad