Thoughts on Hartman getting jumped after leveling Silfverberg?

Oct 18, 2011
Gotta love Hartman begging for the refs to come save him when he realized Josh Manson was the person he was going to have to deal with.

Also misleading OP, that's hardly being "jumped"

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Shoulda been a 4 min pp for chicago, nice hit by hartman. Manson did let up or that could have been pretty bad.

I think the response was more frustration from anaheim than anything(because of their play as of late no really that game)

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Sometimes I'd wish the referees just not blow the whistle and let Chicago get a scoring chance while 3 Ducks completely ignore the play.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Maybe a bit of an unorthodox suggestion here, but hear me out. If a guy like Hartman doesn't drop the gloves on a play like this, but Manson still drops the gloves, completely disengages from playing hockey, and delays the game, he should be given 2 minutes for delay of game.

Hitting is a part of hockey, you shouldn't be able to get a whistle at any time just because one of your teammates got crushed by a clean hit.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe a bit of an unorthodox suggestion here, but hear me out. If a guy like Hartman doesn't drop the gloves on a play like this, but Manson still drops the gloves, completely disengages from playing hockey, and delays the game, he should be given 2 minutes for delay of game.

Hitting is a part of hockey, you shouldn't be able to get a whistle at any time just because one of your teammates got crushed by a clean hit.
Way to many players would bait that haha

And honestly at real time you dont really know how clean or dirty the hit is, if its a dirty hit thats uncalled then what. I think thats just another issue with too much grey area

Last edited:

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
This stupid 'code' needs to go. Hartman should have skated to the bench, or turtled. No shame in that. Get your team a powerplay out of it.

Shame on the Ducks players for jumping an innocent player after he made a great hockey play.

It saddens me to see this sort of stuff. Do we really want to see a non-contact league? Soccer on ice? No thank you.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Yes, but we only got a 2min PP. Two guys sat for Anaheim, but somehow Hartman got a penalty for roughing which Edzo and a few other Hawks commenters seemed to disagree with.

That's why shit like this happens. The Hawks should have been given a 2 minute 5 on 3.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
People asking for the players to police themselves, this is the result of that.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Not that much of a story, is it? Good hit. He does not have to fight. He didn't fight. He got a PP, which I suppose could have been 4 instead of 2 minutes (and probably even 5-7 minutes if Manson doesn't let up and it requires being considered fighting). The message of intimidation from Manson's POV even as a result of a fair hit is understandable, although one can question how effective it is considering the ensuing PK serving as positive affirmation. The additional guys coming in relatively hot was a bit over the top, for sure.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Honestly, I'll never understand people who get upset when players go after the opposition after a big hit.

If you want to land a big hit, there is a price to be paid. Clean or not.

People lament the NHL taking responsibility out of the hands of the players, and then complain about stuff like this. Bizarre to me.

Going after Hartman here isn't about the result, it is about the intent.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They funny thing is if perry kesler etc makes that hit and doesnt fight people crticize him for not fight after a hit like that. Just last week people wanted ritchie to fight for a clean hit, and were calling him a bitch and what not for not fighting.

Its aparant a good number of people just dislike anaheim and need a reason to complain about them .

Last edited:

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
More dissapointed his own team mates didnt come to his aid.

This fight after ever hit is a joke. Big respect to the Flyers and Devils the other night who don't do this sort of shit. Washington too.

Infact for all the crap the Flyers get, they respect a big clean hit better than any team in the league. Dirty hits, answer the bell. Clean hits, get on with the damn game

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
The officiating wants jumping a player after a hit. Otherwise all 3 would be kicked out of the game and suspended.

Good job NHL, as usual. Bush league.

What other sport are you allowed to jump a player?

Reactions: HansonBro

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Beautiful, clean hit. I guess Manson and Kesler don't like hockey? And Kesler should have been called as third man in when he came back in the second time to grab him while Manson was already throwing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad