Thoughts on Hartman getting jumped after leveling Silfverberg?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Gotta love Hartman begging for the refs to come save him when he realized Josh Manson was the person he was going to have to deal with.

Also misleading OP, that's hardly being "jumped"

Nah fam, that's a legit title. He delivered a clean hit and had Ducks throwing punches at him.

I'd suggest the Ducks remember that they're playing hockey and sometimes hits happen. They look like amateur league players for this.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
They funny thing is if perry kesler etc makes that hit and doesnt fight people crticize him for not fight after a hit like that. Just last week people wanted ritchie to fight for a clean hit, and were calling him a ***** and what not for not fighting.

Its aparant a good number of people just dislike anaheim and need a reason to complain about them .
Thats some martyr complex you've managed to pull out of your lower extremity

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Why? If you do something perfectly legal, why should you have to fight? You shouldn't be forced to both put yourself in harms way as well as let yourself be taken out of the game for 5+ minutes just for laying a clean check.

Technically the huge, clean hit put another player in harm's way as well. I love the hit, but you had better plan on dancing if you're willing to play that style.

It is a two way street with the emphasis on concussion. Teammates see that and will respond.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
I don't know if its just me but it seems like there are more fights after clean hits than dirty ones these days

I have no problem with a teammate going after someone to fight after a dirty hit but its annoying when a guy is expected to fight after delivering a clean hit.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
The game is so fast that you can't always see if a hit is clean or not. Either way, you'd wish they could tone down on that a bit. Sometimes the hit is clean as day and the player gets up immediately and yet some clown decides it's time to fight. Tiresome.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Steal Your Faceoff

Jan 14, 2016
NJ
It has gotten out of hand. So when Taylor Hall leveled Burrows with a clean hit last time their teams played, he is expected to have to fight someone even though he's not a fighter? We all know the aftermath of that incident but it could turn out lots of different ways. If an ottawa player jumped Hall and tuned him up, maybe even knocks him out of the game, Does he deserve that because that's some supposed code even though it was a legal play?

Reactions: TheSituation

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
The officiating wants jumping a player after a hit. Otherwise all 3 would be kicked out of the game and suspended.

Good job NHL, as usual. Bush league.

What other sport are you allowed to jump a player?
Competitive baking.

(Just an attempt at humor... A joke)

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Meh, it's Hartman and much like other players who play hard and gain a reputation, any hit that seems like it may be predatory is likely gonna draw the ire of the other team.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
That was a beauty hit. I think its ridiculous that you have to fight for a clean hit. Even more ridiculous that 3 ducks jumped him

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
Nice clean hit, look slow motion and its a clean hit

From Manson POV, look at full speed and it look like a big open hit, probably headshot so that could explain why he jump on Hartman

Nice hit but I totaly understand why Manson look upset those kind of hit look bad when they happen live

I’m not a duck fan btw...

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I have no problem with it. You want to make people think twice about throwing a big hit on your players. That's the point.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Big hits are going to get a response, clean or not. This wasn’t that big of a hit and the Ducks completely lost their heads. Lucky they didn’t get more penalties.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Ducks can dish it out but can't take it apparently...

This is exactly right. I dislike Hartman quite a bit after his pest antics in the playoffs, but that was a clean hit. I'm not surprised Manson and Kesler weren't capable of controlling themselves and decided both of them needed to confront the 5'11" 180lb Hartman like the couple of pathetic losers they are.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1