Thornton says Matthews should be up for the Rocket, Selke, and Hart - PART 2

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think the reason they disappear is for the same reason why some people don’t speak up when the going is good for Toronto. It’s all too juvenile.

With that being said goals and assists adjusted for games played:

McDavud
G - 20
A - 36
Pts - 56

Matthews
G - 26
A - 18
Pts - 44

I don’t know McDavid will probably win the hart.

Matthews will probably win the rocket.

Someone else will win the selke.

Who knows who wins the Canadian Cup.
I don't know if Matthews will necessarily win the Rocket anymore, McDavid is only 1 goal back right bow

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It would be pretty neat to see McDavid win the Rocket. It's one of those things that could make him go from a 40 goal scorer to a 50 goal scorer if he shoots more (which he is lately) and a possible threat for the Rocket more every year because of it.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It would be pretty neat to see McDavid win the Rocket. It's one of those things that could make him go from a 40 goal scorer to a 50 goal scorer if he shoots more (which he is lately) and a possible threat for the Rocket more every year because of it.
McDavid is 2nd in the league in shots, he's been shooting alot this year.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
At some point Oilers will find a away to score when goalies are on the bench. It has been ridiculous this season that they can't score on empty net to save their lives.

Then it is bye bye because it will add on for this pace of points.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
There is truth to what he's saying tho.
All the guys you mentioned are not what I consider 2way players. Sure they pad their stats in the reg season but aren't the type so far where they seem to succeed in the playoffs.
I'll just use my team as an example but Horvat, Petey, Hughes, Demko took their game to another level and for the first 3 it wasn't just about the offense.
On any given night one of those guys stepped up and you could say they were the main cog that particular game. And aside from Horvats (4) games all were rookies.
AM and MM haven't showed that yet but that's not saying they won't.
Leaf fans blamed Freddy and sure he is in the same boat but to get shutout 2 of 5 games plus one game where all the goals came in the last couple of mins is not a good look.

Matthews and Marner are both good two way players, especially Matthews.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
They’re both elite players.. so why does every single thread become a pissing match over who is better?

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
At some point Oilers will find a away to score when goalies are on the bench. It has been ridiculous this season that they can't score on empty net to save their lives.

I kind of hope that doesn't change, just so we don't have to read the ridiculous counter-arguments
"bUT X% of DraISATl's goALS aRe EN!!"

Reactions: iCanada

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

It's already bye bye. He's out pacing the next closest non-Oiler by 29 points over 82 games.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
They’re both elite players.. so why does every single thread become a pissing match over who is better?
Probably because there's a massive gap between the two and every year we hear some new argument about how its close or how Matthews might be surpassing him only to have the season progress and McDavid blow him away by a landslide for the 5th straight season.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
It feels like every single season through 20 games Leafs fans do the same song and dance comparing Matthews to McDavid with their ridiculous hyperbolic takes.

And of course, predictably, once McDavid shuts them up and makes the discussion look idiotic, they mysteriously vanish. Although some of the more delusional ones still are holding the line and believing it to be true.
majority just switched over to Kane lol. Kane for Hart !

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
the real twist is.....can McDavid score more goals then Matthews gets assists....
ow8lWuY.gif

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Probably because there's a massive gap between the two and every year we hear some new argument about how its close or how Matthews might be surpassing him only to have the season progress and McDavid blow him away by a landslide for the 5th straight season.
Yeah, but Matthews is the 1B to McDavid as the 1A

..LOL, thanks Dr. Ray "Hype Me Up" Ferraro

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Matthews and Marner are both good two way players, especially Matthews.
Ah yes of course. Such PK power from Matthews specifically. That man, plays no pk, but is great at it.
Easily one of the best defensive players (lol) in the league while not playing hard minutes.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Ah yes of course. Such PK power from Matthews specifically. That man, plays no pk, but is great at it.
Easily one of the best defensive players (lol) in the league while not playing hard minutes.
It's about expected PKing, the potential is there.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Matthews is the all-time leader in trophies-awarded-in-first-month-of-season/60 by far

Actually his 5v5 /60 peaked 3-4 seasons ago. Last two years with increased Ice Time he is pretty average. PP/60 he is not even best on his own team.
No longer golden boy of /60 stats .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad