Thornton says Matthews should be up for the Rocket, Selke, and Hart - PART 2

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
You do know Matthews leads the league in 5v5 goals since 2016-17 and scored 47 last year, right? Hell, he still managed to pot 34 in a 2017-18 season where he missed 20 games due to injury.

No? Figures.

Yes but has he ever won first playoff round even he has tried 4 times. No :sarcasm: ice hockey is a team sport also its good to keep in mind that just saying.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yes but has he ever won first playoff round even he has tried 4 times. No :sarcasm: ice hockey is a team sport also its good to keep in mind that just saying.

Sure. Let's judge players by team success and find that McDavid, Matthews, Marner and Draisaitl all suck. The NHL leader board should be called the loserboard.

That's deep dude and the best part is, you're the first one to ever come up with this "logic". What other wisdom are you going to share with us?

Reactions: authentic

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Think this game tonight shows a big mark for Matthews Hart chances.

Leafs just too deep and Marner is amazing

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Thought: is Larsson so suddenly good this year because he’s finally in the right spot as a 2nd pairing and not 1st?

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Sure. Let's judge players by team success and find that McDavid, Matthews, Marner and Draisaitl all suck. The NHL leader board should be called the loserboard.

That's deep dude and the best part is, you're the first one to ever come up with this "logic". What other wisdom are you going to share with us?
There is truth to what he's saying tho.
All the guys you mentioned are not what I consider 2way players. Sure they pad their stats in the reg season but aren't the type so far where they seem to succeed in the playoffs.
I'll just use my team as an example but Horvat, Petey, Hughes, Demko took their game to another level and for the first 3 it wasn't just about the offense.
On any given night one of those guys stepped up and you could say they were the main cog that particular game. And aside from Horvats (4) games all were rookies.
AM and MM haven't showed that yet but that's not saying they won't.
Leaf fans blamed Freddy and sure he is in the same boat but to get shutout 2 of 5 games plus one game where all the goals came in the last couple of mins is not a good look.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
There is truth to what he's saying tho.
All the guys you mentioned are not what I consider 2way players. Sure they pad their stats in the reg season but aren't the type so far where they seem to succeed in the playoffs.
I'll just use my team as an example but Horvat, Petey, Hughes, Demko took their game to another level and for the first 3 it wasn't just about the offense.
On any given night one of those guys stepped up and you could say they were the main cog that particular game. And aside from Horvats (4) games all were rookies.
AM and MM haven't showed that yet but that's not saying they won't.
Leaf fans blamed Freddy and sure he is in the same boat but to get shutout 2 of 5 games plus one game where all the goals came in the last couple of mins is not a good look.

Fingers crossed that Matthews gets to Horvat's level one day.

Reactions: Declassified

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How does one be up for the rocket.... it’s not a voter based award you just score goals?

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
Well this aged predictably well.

McDavid is coming for all the trophies. Another two goals tonight has him up to 20 goals.

58 points in 33 games. He’s running away with the the Hart in a “unanimous victory” type fashion.
It feels like every single season through 20 games Leafs fans do the same song and dance comparing Matthews to McDavid with their ridiculous hyperbolic takes.

And of course, predictably, once McDavid shuts them up and makes the discussion look idiotic, they mysteriously vanish. Although some of the more delusional ones still are holding the line and believing it to be true.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I think both Matthews and McDavid should be given negative value for the Hart considering their division, but at the current point in time Matthews goal streak is much more impressive than McDavid loading up on a bunch of secondary assist powerplay points.
McDavid has essentially caught up to Matthews in goals.

Reactions: Zamknij kurwa ryj

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad