Thomas Vanek

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Why would vanek sign with an offensive hole of a team? Why would he sign long term with therrien as his coach? No way in hell he's signing here.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Why would vanek sign with an offensive hole of a team? Why would he sign long term with therrien as his coach? No way in hell he's signing here.

We got him cheap and we lose nothing if we don't make the playoffs. Well except for Collberg but still pretty damn cheap rental I must say.

And rental is all that Bergevin and company knew they are getting.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
We got him cheap and we lose nothing if we don't make the playoffs. Well except for Collberg but still pretty damn cheap rental I must say.

And rental is all that Bergevin and company knew they are getting.

Heard the same thing when we got gomez. I don't mind the trade but I don't see Vanek doing much the way this team is built and coached.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Heard the same thing when we got gomez. I don't mind the trade but I don't see Vanek doing much the way this team is built and coached.

You heard that Gomez, a player who at the time had 5 years left on his contract, was a rental. You heard that he didn't cost much? What kind of drugs are you on right now?

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
You heard that Gomez, a player who at the time had 5 years left on his contract, was a rental. You heard that he didn't cost much? What kind of drugs are you on right now?

I'm talking about mcdonaugh in the Gomez deal. Many said. That losing him was no big deal since his development had slowed. Remember it like it was yesterday.

pine*

The whole PQ and Quebec sovereignty issue can't be helping any either.

I think a PQ majority can very well affect the future of the Habs, especially the upcoming FAs (Subban/Markov/Vanek).
An unstable political landscape is not very attractive...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think a PQ majority can very well affect the future of the Habs, especially the upcoming FAs (Subban/Markov/Vanek).

come on now, like these guys care about PQ or PLQ or if it's republican at the white house...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Would they care though if the referendum issue came up?
Some will, some won't.

Would you want to sign a 7 or 8 year deal with that kind of political uncertainty? One thing if you're a Hab fan or Montrealer but if you've got no stake in this... It could definitely be a factor for some players.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Would they care though if the referendum issue came up?

they'll get their paycheck regardless, they'll spend their summers back home regardless, and they'll spend half their seasons outside the province regardless.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
they'll get their paycheck regardless, they'll spend their summers back home regardless, and they'll spend half their seasons outside the province regardless.

Right because the other half of your life doesn't matter right? The guy is looking for a place to settle down with his family. I'm from here and I'm sick of this ****, can't imagine what it would be like for someone who doesn't speak a lick of french. Quebec should be more welcoming of businesses and people of all kind, not be so xenophobic. Such a waste of tax payer dollars.

Last edited:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Okay, now we're bringing politics into it? So not only do we get the pleasure of reading people parroting each other's thoughtless opinions and memes, but we get political drivel too?

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Right because the other half of your life doesn't matter right? The guy is looking for a place to settle down with his family. I'm from here and I'm sick of this ****, can't imagine what it would be like for someone who doesn't speak a lick of french. Quebec should be more welcoming of businesses and people of all kind, not be so xenophobic. Such a waste of tax payer dollars.

Yeah like they'd have a much (and I mean muuuuuuch) harder time than they have now. I mean, they already have such a hard time here, it's a surprise none of these poor little players dont request translators from the Org for their every day life.

It's not like what happen in politics will change much of what happen in your every day life... what you think, they'll go to the grocery store and they'll get the usual "mange d'la marde Gallagher, loi 101 mon esti d'chien sale!", come on now...

give your head a shake, these guys arent ordinary joes no one ever heard of, they'll be able to do their grocery in english, go to the movies in english, order food at the restaurant in english, and everything related to their life outside hockey will be conducted in english... and even the one who dont know english will be more than happy to make an effort and ask for "un orthographe misteur Subban, thank you".

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Okay, now we're bringing politics into it? So not only do we get the pleasure of reading people parroting each other's thoughtless opinions and memes, but we get political drivel too?

Sorry, can't stomach this. I'm leaving.

meh, there's always an insecure idiot who feel the need to bring the "issue".

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

Yes, as evidenced in 1995 when the Montreal Canadiens were sent to Madrid due to an uncontrollable political climate.

That's why we chant OLE!

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
isnt that the year 3/4 of the Habs players asked to be traded ? :naughty:

Clearly the real story to Guy Carbonneau being traded was he going to vote NON but the beer selling federalists running the team couldn't have them captained by a separatist. They replaced him with RoC heartthrob Jim Montgomery and then made Kirk Muller the captain. Unfortunately a power struggle led to his demise with the team, getting traded for separatist power forward Pierre Turgeon. The federalists still tried to hold out with Mike Keane as captain, but soon realized the true dagger in the heart of the separatists would be moving Patrick Roy to Denver. Without Roy, support for separation crumbled.

(I wonder how many people would read that and believe it's true until I claimed Turgeon was a power forward.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad