GDT: Thomas Had Never Seen Such a Mess: Devils @ Sabres, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
He waited too long on Maclean (though he was a new hire) and Deboer (who should have been let go in the summer previously to start the rebuild).

mac was in his first year its understandable ... debeor had past success. again difference between rash and timing... shero is a dope

Reactions: Setec Astronomy

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Call the Islanders. Seriously. Greene wouldn’t have to move and Lou loves bringing back ‘his’ guys. I’m sure he’d love that veteran experience for a playoff run.

>Lou
>trading within the division

buddy...

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Because Lemaire isn’t available. There isn’t an all time great parachuting in.

It will be like Hydra was, which was not many gameplan changes and playing out the string.
Look at the roster talent now vs then. Please.

Also, the defense production/metrics notably improved under Stevens in that period.

Reactions: MichaelJ

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
goodnight when i wake up i want confirmed with link.. about something preferably that john hynes has been relieved of his duties.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
The entire staff has to go.

Put Grier back there full time as an assistant with Fitz or bring in John Madden.

I think scarface would have been hired already if he was interested.

If the same system is implemented with them back there, then Shero needs to be shown the door. The system is a catastrophic failure

That’s my worry though .
Shero and Hynes had a shared outlook on style and systems and hired people throughout the Devils and the AHL club to transition from the minors to the big club.
It’s hard to realize “Oh crap , our entire organizational philosophy and personnel built around that philosophy and way we want to play is dog shit “

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Funny that Abbey (the one reporter we don’t really like around here and who provides pretty spotty coverage, which might be because the record doesn’t care to cover us much anymore or send her to away games because we’re so irrelevant) is the first reporter to imply we need a change. All the others are too busy either making excuses and kissing Shero and the staff’s ass or they’re just afraid of being blacklisted from being let into the media and dressing rooms for daring to question things right now. Not that I expect Amanda to, as she works for the team and her paychecks are signed by the same person who signs Hynes. But the rest are either clueless or feel like they need to walk on egg shells.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
3 f***ing questions after your team took it up the ass the entire first period. My god what a pathetic reporters

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I mean....don't the players get paid regardless of the results? I think it's pretty naieve to think the players themselves will just magically come out of this mess without some accountability.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
You legitimately believe Fitz and some thrown together staff is going to have this team playing at a playoff pace?
Where did I say that? I didn't. I gave an example of a clear turnaround during a MASSIVE system overhaul, which you claimed can't be done in season.

You keep saying a coaching change will have minimal impact to both performance and player development. You've even suggested waiting until the offseason to make a change not making a big difference. C'mon. How many examples do you need? There were 2 huge ones just last year.

These guys are human. Sometimes you just need a new voice, as I've said many times before. Even good coaches need to go in order to get players to progress sometimes. That's a reason why Hynes is one of the longest tenured coaches despite never winning a thing...even coaches that do well wear out their welcome.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Funny that Abbey (the one reporter we don’t really like around here and who provides pretty spotty coverage, which might be because the record doesn’t care to cover us much anymore or send her to away games because we’re so irrelevant) is the first reporter to imply we need a change. All the others are too busy either making excuses and kissing Shero and the staff’s ass or they’re just afraid of being blacklisted from being let into the media and dressing rooms for daring to question things right now. Not that I expect Amanda to, as she works for the team and her paychecks are signed by the same person who signs Hynes. But the rest are either clueless or feel like they need to walk on egg shells.

We all know he needs to be fired. If someone wants, they can pay me to write that and otherwise say "see that, so did I." What she should do is find out if and when he is actually getting fired and why it has taken so long. I didn't go to super important journalism school but it can't be that hard to develop some kind of contact in the organization to tell you these things. The Devils are not the NSA.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I just posted this on Twitter.

Look at what the Devils did in 2010-2011 after firing Mac.

This team is too good to be this bad. This is the exact same situation.

23-3-2 for Heaven's sake. I forgot it was really *that* impressive.

I think clearly Hynes would've been long gone with any other GM at this point.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Kovalchuk was 10x better than anyone we have right now

Lemaire, 600 wins, kovy sealed the deal in tor. Another game, kovy from ralston, kovy signature sign the ice, good times that stretch run with lemaire, too bad it fizzled out.

The one awesome brightspot from that season. Each game during that blitz was a fun dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad