GDT: Thomas Had Never Seen Such a Mess: Devils @ Sabres, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
The assumption is that the team has quit on Hynes. if that's the case you have to change coaches ASAP. You don't need an ideal fit, you need someone to pull them out of the tail spin.

So you’re hiring a guy for what, half a season?

I’m not saying Hynes is the solution but you can’t ditch a guy who is owed another year and half worth of salary, to hire another guy you’ll keep around for 6 months to hire someone else after that.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

I’m not saying Hynes is the solution but you can’t ditch a guy who is owed another year and half worth of salary, to hire another guy you’ll keep around for 6 months to hire someone else after that.

Yes you can, it happens all the time. The Maple Leafs did it like a week ago.

Reactions: Palpatine

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Almost no one here is going to know who good coaching candidates are. That's irrelevant.

That’s the basis of your complaint. You want someone better but you have no idea who’s better.

Maybe there isn’t a better option at the moment. Promoting our AHL coach won’t do shit because everyone in the room will know he’s temporary.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Yes you can, it happens all the time. The Maple Leafs did it like a week ago.

They promoted a guy that warranted a promotion and other NHL teams were looking to hire as well.

Our AHL coach isn’t working miracles and I don’t see how a rookie minor leaguer will turn things around or assess what needs to be rectified.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Theres no current FA coach worth committing to long term as of now. Promote Dennehy on a interm basis and do a search in the summer.
Binghamton is at the bottom of the standings too.

I rather Claude Noel, Adam Oates, whoever than that for the remainder of the season. I don't even think those guys are great coaches or anything but they are more proven than Dennehy. I hope the AHL team gets looked at in the offseason too.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
That’s the basis of your complaint. You want someone better but you have no idea who’s better.

Maybe there isn’t a better option at the moment. Promoting our AHL coach won’t do **** because everyone in the room will know he’s temporary.

This simply can’t continue for another 55 games / 4 months. It just can’t. Interim coaches take over all the time. Ray doesn’t need a solution right now. He needs someone to do him a solid and provide a reset for the roster that he assembled. Who that is is anyone’s guess but it must be done. Should have been done a while ago.

Reactions: MichaelJ

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Ok, so who will take over? If there’s valid options out there, I’d like to hear them, but their isn’t atm.

An interim coach, probably from within the organization. One that will get the away from whatever Hynes hockey is and just play the basics. After the season the team can look for a longterm solution.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Maybe there isn’t a better option at the moment. Promoting our AHL coach won’t do **** because everyone in the room will know he’s temporary.

You don't understand the issue. The issue is NOT that John Hynes is a bad coach. You can have any opinion of Hynes that you want. The issue is that the team has quit on Hynes. In that situation, the coach has to be replaced immediately. The particular interim coach is not important, he will probably be average or slightly worse than average as a coach, but he will have the support of the team.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

You absolutely can.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
What we need is somebody like a Lemaire that can come in and slow the bleeding enough to help assess how much of the problems are coaching vs construction. Unfortunately we don't have that person around the organization.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012

Hynes is likely one of the lowest paid coaches in the league. The financial repercussions of firing him are akin to buying out DSP. If this figures into the calculus at all, we need to collectively start burning all of our Devils stuff and endure the humiliation of becoming Ranger fans.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm not even gonna bother with the PGT on this ****, especially with the back to back and likely 'some' news at the practice tomorrow.

Reactions: guitarguyvic

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
All I saw was the "this is bad but it's not MacLean bad..." posts but no way. I've been saying it's MacLean bad since Halloween and we'd be a month to 90 days too late to make a difference and here we are. It's even worse than MacLean bad because this team has skills that just don't do squat because the systems throw everyone out of whack with defense leading the rush and forwards trying to cover defense. It's STOOOPID. Fire him already.

Reactions: njd118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad