Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Extended 8 years 8M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
Chabot’s spot has never been a lock. He’s always been considered a guy that could make it but could always very well be left out due to Canada’s depth at LD. Nothing has changed since this summer and no one knows who is on the outside looking in at this point. At least do a little bit of research if you want your gaslighting to be somewhat credible.
Not a lock per say, but many analysts had him on the second pair, though now he is generally being listed as an extra or not at all.

Jon Cooper witnessed Chabot's worst game of the year last Saturday (with Zaitsev). Doesn't really bode well for him.. Though with strong play in the next little while, things might change.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Not a lock per say, but many analysts had him on the second pair, though now he is generally being listed as an extra or not at all.

Jon Cooper witnessed Chabot's worst game of the year last Saturday (with Zaitsev). Doesn't really bode well for him.. Though with strong play in the next little while, who knows..

By who? Where are you seeing this? Got any receipts?

Again, many analysts had him on the team and many had him off it. Nothing has changed and he’s still very much in the conversation to make the team.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Chabot and Zub is a solid #1 pairing that prevents goals, the offense will come if they had more time together. I won't be surprised if he doesn't make Team Canada considering how deep Team Canada is. I just hope the roster is assembled with consideration to how much players like CHabot have to play and decide the best roster based off ability and not legacy. No 2006 Olympic vibes where some vets are selected for the sake of legacy.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Would love to see him have a multi-point game or 2 in the next few as he is certainly help get the puck in the right areas but he just isn't getting the payoff on the scoreboard.

I do think in general that we do not shoot the puck to score from the point enough, particularly on the PP. Even if just to shake the look up a bit and not be so predictable - everyone expects the down low bump up to the slot or across the seam and we aren't getting the same opportunities.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Seriously? Chabot has been incredible, he’s the only reason we haven’t lost every game 10-0. He’s literally doing everything out there.

Yeah, not sure what people are watching. Remove Chabot and Batherson from this team one minute and we're almost as bad as the Coyotes.

I hope we don't waste too much of his prime.

Reactions: Smeddy

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Chabot is our definitive best player. AINEC.

Unless we draft Nemec/Jiri and they anchor another pairing and Chabot is traded in a hockey trade for an area of need 3-4 years from now when we obviously aren't clicking and need a change up? Sure.

Ya'll forget how insane Chabot can be in the clutch. Remember earlier this year when he locked down Mackinnon. It's not easy to do that. He is going to be ice clutch for us and I gather our best player in any competitive run.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Assets get moved. I like Chabot and he's got a great contract

But if our guys develop to their ceilings

Sanderson Thomson
Brannstrom Zub
Kleven JBD

A couple years out with Chabot moved for a star up front of similar age and contract wouldn't surprise me

I'm not saying I'm advocating it, just that it wouldn't surprise me
Bro no lmao

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Cause I can't say you're crazy so I'll say that's a crazy stupid comment. Chabot is a star.
He clearly stated he wasn’t advocating for this. If the right situation ever came up it would be crazy to say he’s untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad