News Article: This year’s Game 7 was Mike Babcock’s Tipping Point

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Watch Dubas address the PK via offseason personnel, get Babs that top 4 RHD finally etc.

Leaf Nation witnessed Dermott and Gardiner a pair of LHD toss away game #7 with turnovers and if you had a LHD and RHD paired together (like Babcock constantly preaches) maybe these giveaways that resulted in a lost season don't happen.

Lou Lam 2 X at the TD went and got #4C in Plekanec and Boyle to try and win PK FOs another obvious Dubas mistake leaving Babcock no centres for this PK and his wingers Hyman taking key draws, against Bergeron one of the best on the draw.

John Tavares is getting paid $11 million and you're telling me he couldn't go out there and take a PK face-off? Oh, right. Babcock would be breaking his habit and that is simply not allowed!

I was secretly hoping for a penalty in game 7 to see if Tavares would have been out there lol

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
There's something invincibly petulant and stubborn in Babcock's behaviour. As many have said, he's more comfortable resisting any calls for change and losing, than making changes and acknowledging that he wasn't the smartest person in the room. This will get nasty before all is said and done.

Reactions: mikeyz

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Watch Dubas address the PK via offseason personnel, get Babs that top 4 RHD finally etc.

Leaf Nation witnessed Dermott and Gardiner a pair of LHD toss away game #7 with turnovers and if you had a LHD and RHD paired together (like Babcock constantly preaches) maybe these giveaways that resulted in a lost season don't happen.

Lou Lam 2 X at the TD went and got #4C in Plekanec and Boyle to try and win PK FOs another obvious Dubas mistake leaving Babcock no centres for this PK and his wingers Hyman taking key draws, against Bergeron one of the best on the draw.

LMAO did you know the Leafs signed John Tavares???

hello?????

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Notice the Lou apologists never talk about Marleau or Zaitsev, aka our actual cap problems in real life

Seriously. Marleau and Zaitsev are the biggest problems on this team and that was thanks to Lou.

Hope Dubas calls him and trades them to NYI since he obviously loves them so much.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Notice the Lou apologists never talk about Marleau or Zaitsev, aka our actual cap problems in real life
Pathetic really.

Take those 2 out of the equations and we're laughing.

Lou apologists and undying Babcock supporters seem to go hand-in-hand. A true unconditional support for the old boys and a disdain for the new guard.

Funny enough, 5/8 of the remaining head coaches left in the playoffs are either rookie head coaches or still relatively new to the league. The league has obviously been changing over the last few years and plenty of young/recent coaches in the game are thriving.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

No centers? Are you serious? This team has 4 capable top 3+ centers.

beleaf101

Aug 9, 2009
Remember the lsland Lou would send bad contracts to. I dont know what Lou had up his sĺeeve with Marleau contract but the way it is structured he had something planned.

Oh by the way our contracrs in real life like Rielly, Kadri and
Anderson look pretty good. What is going rate for these contracts

Bottom line when Lou left we had all kinds of cap space it was not a issue. This is all on Dubas

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Remember the lsland Lou would send bad contracts to. I dont know what Lou had up his sĺeeve with Marleau contract but the way it is structured he had something planned.

Oh by the way our contracrs in real life like Rielly, Kadri and
Anderson look pretty good. What is going rate for these contracts

Bottom line when Lou left we had all kinds of cap space it was not a issue. This is all on Dubas
When he signed Marleau he knew that the third year would cross over to the post ELC contracts of Matthews Marner and Nylander.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
57882275_1023348441209104_7370010648387780608_n.jpg

Problem with this comparison is, they're back on the air now.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah...because of the coach.

Playing on the PK isn't hard.

We have a dumbass coach that doesn't use any of his top four centres on the PK and then cries that the Leafs don't have the depth and requires "more"

Tavares has tons of experience killing penalties.

"No other choice or a PK'er" what an absolute load of shit. Why even bother with such blatant ignorance.

Reactions: Pi

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Seriously. Marleau and Zaitsev are the biggest problems on this team and that was thanks to Lou.

Hope Dubas calls him and trades them to NYI since he obviously loves them so much.
Oh and dont forget throwing away second rounders like candy for over the hill useless 4th line Cs that played 25 games each for us. Should of been selling for one more year with bozie and jvr. Instead got nothing for them. All of those assets could possibly have gotten us a rh d. Everyone and their dog knew we were at least 2 years away from contending. Pure stupidity. Funny thing is, most of the few little Babcock supporters that are left just totally loved those moves by Lou. Stupidness over and over.

Last edited:

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
John Tavares is getting paid $11 million and you're telling me he couldn't go out there and take a PK face-off? Oh, right. Babcock would be breaking his habit and that is simply not allowed!

I was secretly hoping for a penalty in game 7 to see if Tavares would have been out there lol
Why?

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
People still taking Mess' bait lmao. Guys, he's literally tasked to get clicks to the site. The more you respond to his bait, the more activity the site gets.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
When he signed Marleau he knew that the third year would cross over to the post ELC contracts of Matthews Marner and Nylander.
Should not have been signed more then 2 years. If he wanted 3 then no deal. Hated the contract as soon as it was signed. Just a stupid stupid signing.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
Pathetic really.

Take those 2 out of the equations and we're laughing.

Lou apologists and undying Babcock supporters seem to go hand-in-hand. A true unconditional support for the old boys and a disdain for the new guard.

Funny enough, 5/8 of the remaining head coaches left in the playoffs are either rookie head coaches or still relatively new to the league. The league has obviously been changing over the last few years and plenty of young/recent coaches in the game are thriving.
Please.
Get over it.
Your NEW NHL is a flash in the pan.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
People want to watch real Hockey.
Not an all star game.
Every game.
No hit.
Filled with nothing but numbers.
Mind numbingly boring.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Please.
Get over it.
Your NEW NHL is a flash in the pan.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
People want to watch real Hockey.
Not an all star game.
Every game.
No hit.
Filled with nothing but numbers.
Mind numbingly boring.
Keep clinging to those dying beliefs brother, they haven't aged well.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
You nailed it on the head. I mean, it's crystal clear he is a narcissist and a very calculating person. Absolutely prone to sabotage with those traits. Does this mean he's a bad coach and should be canned? Not necessarily. However, I would expect minimum compromise and minimum flexibility from him if I'm Shanny or Dubas. If they can live with that, so be it. (for now)

He's a bad coach and should be canned...........I've been saying this for over 2 years now. People have finally woken up and realize he's a bad coach. Nothing left to say.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Yeah...because of the coach.

Playing on the PK isn't hard.

We have a dumbass coach that doesn't use any of his top four centres on the PK and then cries that the Leafs don't have the depth and requires "more"

He said he wanted a right hand D and a power forward, Maybe it was not easy getting a right handed D this year..seems like every team wants one, but a power forward????? he had one in his back pocket but refused to play him for nearly 2 years. Any one remember Josh Leivo?? Dumb ass coach.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

People also forgot that Lou had a year to sign Willie to an extension but he didn’t. He left that part to Dubas.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Tavares has tons of experience killing penalties.

"No other choice or a PK'er" what an absolute load of ****. Why even bother with such blatant ignorance.

Seriously, I can't believe that there are still people that defend Babcock. His time is up.

Sadly, I don't think he's getting fired this offseason so we have to go through one more year of heartbreak before this team will fly. Whatever, I've tolerated the past 2 years, I can take one more year of heartbreak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad