Post-Game Talk: This team is horriawfulbad, Jets lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
The point is you take a 85mph+ slapshot to beat the goaltender when he's in net, not a defenseman standing there and it's a 3 on 1.
Really?

Did you see Buff hit Antro with a slapshot that is arguably closer to 100MPH?

Almost every slapshot there is 2-3 people somewhere in that line. It's not uncommon at all. Rangers are notorious for throwing themselves in front of slapshots.

I see it as part of the game.... But again, that actually wasn't what I was meaning. I'm just glad he didn't get hit.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I'm most concerned about the lack of urgency.

On callahan's goal, no one tried to take his stick, or dive to knock the puck away, or anything. Maybe they were gased as they had been out for awhile, but play desperate.

In the first, the antro line was dominate. LLW had chances. So did Olli's line. Then 2nd, Rangers step it up a bit, and the Jets didn't have an answer. PP had some chances, but wasn't really a factor.

Later in the 3rd, the rangers collapsed down very well, and gave very little. Jets had no response, and seemed to just give up at times.

That was frustrating the most for me.

Galchyfan

Mar 29, 2013
Drummondville, Qc
There you go Jets fan we helped ya !Habs won tonite against Carolina : P Anyways hope to see you in the playoffs!And btw I really wish that ours teams go on OT but with a Habs victory ofc ;D

Many cheers <3

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
There you go Jets fan we helped ya !Habs won tonite against Carolina : P Anyways hope to see you in the playoffs!And btw I really wish that ours teams go on OT but with a Habs victory ofc ;D

Many cheers <3

Merci beaucoup!

I have compared the SE race to a drinking contest, so thank you for helping Carolina keep getting closer to the bottom of the bottle than us :)

Prot

Sep 21, 2011

Many cheers <3

Gratz on the win. If there is one thing the Jets have going for them is that for some reason or another, the competition is having trouble gaining ground on us (unless playing us). I think we'll take the breaks where we can get them right now. :handclap:

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
Trouble gaining ground against us until they play against each other.

Universes will be colliding tomorrow night.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup and the one period that Mark got to play his natural positon in a top 6 role he looked night and day better then he did playing wing on the 4th line. Go figure!

Not upset he's down, but the team wasted an opportunity to really get a good look at him in the top 6 when he was up.

I'm pretty sure Mark wasn't part of the plan this year, because they didn't give him a legitimate shot.

I'd bet anyone one of those fancy new plastic $100 bills that had Scheifele been given a shot on the 2nd line at his natural position (C) between Kane and, say, Burmistrov, and was given 2:22 of PP time per game, he'd have more points and a better +/- and Corsi than Jokinen. OF COURSE THAT'S NOT SAYING MUCH! :)

Maybe next year Noel will start him in net...?

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
Any team that has auntie mietenen on the second line and the powerplay does not deserve to make the playoffs.

he is my least favourite Jet since Tim Cheveldae....He has to lead the league in fewest conversions of golden opportunities.

He can not be gone fast enough for my liking.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
My favorite Mittens play was in the 1st or 3rd period (going left to right on TV screen), where he carried the puck into the Ranger zone on left wing. Had players going to net but simply pushed the puck weakly about 10 ft in front of him and then stopped. Rangers dman grabbed the puck and turned it up immediately.

Too soft for a dump, and too hard for simply losing control. Just looked like he gave up. Here you go, here's the puck. Then he didn't continue into the zone to battle for the puck again. Seemed 'lost'.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets on a Deadline

Rangers-win-300x225.jpg

Game recaps, post-game audio, video highlights and the NHL.com 3 Stars of the night.

For above click here.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah Miettinen was really really bad tonight I thought. He's really bringing Kane down some. Jokinen has flashes of good but he's nothing but a bottom six Center now.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
My favorite Mittens play was in the 1st or 3rd period (going left to right on TV screen), where he carried the puck into the Ranger zone on left wing. Had players going to net but simply pushed the puck weakly about 10 ft in front of him and then stopped. Rangers dman grabbed the puck and turned it up immediately.

Too soft for a dump, and too hard for simply losing control. Just looked like he gave up. Here you go, here's the puck. Then he didn't continue into the zone to battle for the puck again. Seemed 'lost'.

Oh I'm sure it was just a mishandling of a dump-in, and he was either going for a line change (because he's so mindful of keeping shift time down) or was being cautious and didn't want to give up an odd-man rush. ;)

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Miettinen is just bad in general.

I wasn't sure why so many were counting the days until he was healed from injury because I don't really see what he has ever brought. The sheer fact he's being played on the 2nd line is enough to want to tear your hair out.

I would have much less anger towards him had he been playing in his natural role which is the 3rd line, unfortunately that is not the case currently so Antti can take his Mitten covered stonehands and shove it!

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
All in all tonight sucked. But really tomorrow is even a bigger game to win. With a loss either Washington or Carolina is going to be within 2 point and both have games in hand.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
Hey, if he was gone tomorrow I couldn't care less. I have no emotional investment in his career or role/future on this team. I just don't like a misinformed post(ers), spreading misinformation.

in no way did i say he was a regular on the power play....i said he was on the power play...which he was....he plays in all kinds of critical situations, power play or not....he is consistently out in the dying minutes of these crucial games and is a regular on the second line.

and he is a KHL level player.

MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

Puckschmuck*

Lots of Mittens dislike talk going on here, and some of you are keeping poor Fugu on her toes!

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Our powerplay, or lack thereof, continues to kill us. Not scoring on the 5-3 and New York scoring shorthanded seemed to be the turning point. After that, New York seemed to dominate with more shots and scoring opportunities.

pavs had some poor rebound control in that game as well. Buff trailed the play on a goal or two - back to Bad Buff the last few weeks apparently.

Haha! Looks like Mittens is the new whipping boy on these boards.

Tomorrow's game is a must-win. Can't see the Jets winning in Montreal on Thurs.

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
could be in 8th tomorrow
hooe everyones was pleased with their effort tonight, cause trade deadline is wednesday team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad