Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
don__t_panic_and_carry_a_towel_by_ashique47-d3fu8qd.jpg

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
In all seriousness, the Jets are in reality barely an eighth place team - they came back strong after allowing the first goal, but the wheels fell off the bus after the shorthanded gaol. If the LLW line doesn't show up, and Pavelec has a so-so game, this will be the result. Every. Single. Time.

Almost every jet player made a stupid play, including the so-called core players. Buff and Enstrom seemed as though their heads just weren't in the game, Bogo, Meech and Hainsey all seemed to be unable to gain any control when they were pinned, and other than Antropov, Wellwood and Tangradi, the rest of the Jets looked like they were trying to pass live grenades.

Although, ahd Lundqvist not stood on his head through some extended pressure shifts by the jets, this game could just have easily been 4-1 for the visitors.

It's not the end of the world, just the Jets crashing back down to earth.

I'm now officially bi-polar. I'm all calm and peaceful now, but I was warned by my wife at least twice that I was going to have to turn the game off if I couldn't stop yelling.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I'm not a fan of what I've seen from Burmistrov in the last few games, but at this point here's my view on him.

Do one of two things:

1. Give him 3-5 games straight in a top 6 role. 15+ Minutes every night. If you want a young player to develop you don't throw him into 8 different roles with 9 different linemates. Let him learn to be a top 6, and if it doesn't work out and he doesn't show progress you at least know what you have with him. If this fails . . .

2. Trade him. If we're going to let him waste away on the 4th line then why not get an asset to play in the top 9 for him.

You don't trade him because he isn't working out this season.
He is still developing and is a work in progress.

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
I wonder how noel is going to react to the media about the pp. Something needs to be addressed there. He cant avoid it this time.

TonyDay

Feb 12, 2013
Too late to tank. We will miss the playoffs by 1 point and get a so-so pick.

Those are our Jets! I don't feel that great saying I knew this would happen.

It would be nice to draft a forward to play with Kane...

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Was THAT what Chevy was doing signing Jokinen, Wellwood, Ponikorovsky, Miettinen, Clitsome? I really wish TN would just put out a press release that says: "don't take these signings seriously; we're really just trying to get decent draft position. You can print this press release for a small fee of $5."

What do you REALLY think was out there? Wellwood is a plug who did really well last season and got another year extension. Joker had a phenomenal year last year and was thought to be able to extend that this year. Poni was a body for the 3rd line and was to be used primarily in a shutdown role. Miettinen was a waiver wire pick up, as was Clitsome. Their values are so low right now, it's not waiving them or trying to trade them.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
'They played really well and gave it their all for a whole 60 minutes'

Said nobody on this forum.

This teams tendancie to get demoralized is confounding. Welky intro t line looked good. Llw and Kane & co had to many miss cues and not enough quality chances. A guy like lubdqvist is going to make 2 or 3 huge saves every game so you need more then two quality chances

Well, I thought they played great in the 1st. After they evened it up they controlled play and I was incredibly confident they would take the lead and win the game.

Then that epic failure of a 5-on-3 took place and they never got control back.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Islanders do matter.

We can go either 3rd, 7th or 8th spot for the playoffs. I'm doubting we will win the division.

Considering how terrible the division is it's easier for the Jets to get in that way. Like you said though, it's unlikely they hold on as Cheveldayoff will likely be selling off players in the next few days further diminishing the little talent the team has.

The Rangers and Islanders are now one point back of the Jets while the Canes are 4 and the Caps are 5 back. There will likely be only one team from the Southeast in the playoffs this season, whoever wins the division.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Okay Jokinen shut your pie hole, no one cares what you have to say!

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
These guys all sound like they have very little fight left..... Tough times ahead

They all sounded so happy a month or so ago, it's all gone now. Doesn't look like they have much confidence in themselves to finish out the season.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
What do you REALLY think was out there? Wellwood is a plug who did really well last season and got another year extension. Joker had a phenomenal year last year and was thought to be able to extend that this year. Poni was a body for the 3rd line and was to be used primarily in a shutdown role. Miettinen was a waiver wire pick up, as was Clitsome. Their values are so low right now, it's not waiving them or trying to trade them.

Yes, agreed. They are all garbage but taking up precious minutes on our second line or 2nd PP unit. Amazing that this team has managed to scrape together the wins that we have with that group of rubbish.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
It's funny that so many people snicker at the meltdowns on the Leaf's board after a couple losses but this one is much much worse. We are out Leaf fanning the Leaf fans. Congrats.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Goes by standings. Being first in the SE really sucks because you're a bubble team that can't get any better due to making the playoffs.

that would be good strategy to finish in 3rd and still draft high ;) I'm sure thats the plan.

Nope.

30th - Cup Winner
29th - Cup Finalist
28th - More Points Conference Finalist
27th - Less Points Conference Finalist
Division Winners (if no Division Winners make Conference Finals they would 21-26 in reverse order of points)
Playoffs teams
Non-Playoff teams

There is absolutely no way to draft higher than the 8th place team if you win the division unless the 8th place team makes Conference Finals.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Why do the Jets dress 12 forwards when 2 spend the game on the bench, shouldn't Noel have been dressing 7 D the last 3-4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad