Post-Game Talk: This team is horriawfulbad, Jets lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckschmuck*

It's becoming very obvious that the team is really missing Slater, Wright, and Stuart.

I've noticed that when we play bad, people always revert to the "man we are missing [insert player not playing at the moment]. Buff, Bogo, Toby, Postma, Wright, etc. It always creeps into the threads.

Personally, I don't think the problem is that we miss players when they are injured. Not have one particular player has yet to demonstrate that they are a key to the performace of this team. The problem is that this team, collectively and consistently, isn't that strong of a team. We see some decent winning streaks, but then are reminded that as a unit, the talent hasen't gelled to the point were we are dangerous.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Since this team is in full meltdown mode, and its game-over, this song is most fitting for the occassion (especially for us metal heads)......

:yo:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
chickenlittle.jpg

People in this thread.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
People are going to be hellapissed that we aren't going to make huge moves to suddenly become a cup contender. People are going to be pissed that the mantra of management will be to continue building through the draft. People are going to want instant gratification, and they will be fuming when they don't get it.

First world problems.

I get more and more the sense that this is what is happening. And while it's not a bad thing, it's a good thing really, it's the lack of commitment to winning now that I worry about.

It doesn't take a huge move to show a commitment to winning now. And we don't have to sell the farm to add players that can help us win now and long term. It's smaller moves that can make a big difference too and that's what worries me about Chevy in general. He's passive, which I don't mind really, but barring any kind of move that doesn't say "sell sell sell", he has no problem just sitting on what he has now and just hope for the future.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So the first two lines get shut down is guaranteed loss? Isn't that the case for most teams? Top lines didnt produce okay fine, but man 0 of 5 on the pp come on!!

Jets have a top line and another top 6 forward and a team of 4th line forwards who are NO threat to score.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Ottawa is doing just fine without their 3 best players...........

I've noticed that when we play bad, people always revert to the "man we are missing [insert player not playing at the moment]. Buff, Bogo, Toby, Postma, Wright, etc. It always creeps into the threads.

Personally, I don't think the problem is that we miss players when they are injured. Not have one particular player has yet to demonstrate that they are a key to the performace of this team. The problem is that this team, collectively and consistently, isn't that strong of a team. We see some decent winning streaks, but then are reminded that as a unit, the talent hasen't gelled to the point were we are dangerous.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Mittens, Jokinen, Meech, Wellwood, Tangradi, Thorburn, Burmistrov (the guy many of you love but who does squat game in and game out) take your pick, would be nice to lose all of them!

Meech I can't imagine any team wanting, Tangradi I cant see leaving since we got him for a 7th rounder and he does have potential, Thorburn would be nice to move since Id imagine he has some value however we are hardly showcasing him. Burmistrov would be silly to move since his value is at a low level. I guess if some team over pays by a lot sure.

You did forget Hainsey and Antropov who need to go :)

wilty00

May 15, 2007
Kelowna/Winnipeg
We should not be scoreboard watching at this point in the season considering where we were 2-3 weeks ago. Incredibly dissapointing on all fronts.

That said, we're still leading our joke of a division and technically still would hold a playoff spot anyway. We're down but not out and at this point in the season it's hard to ask for much more.

We'll see what this team is made of in the next month and we're certainly going to come out of it with a clearer view of what needs to be done (or not be done).

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
People are going to be hellapissed that we aren't going to make huge moves to suddenly become a cup contender. People are going to be pissed that the mantra of management will be to continue building through the draft. People are going to want instant gratification, and they will be fuming when they don't get it.

First world problems.

Was THAT what Chevy was doing signing Jokinen, Wellwood, Ponikorovsky, Miettinen, Clitsome? I really wish TN would just put out a press release that says: "don't take these signings seriously; we're really just trying to get decent draft position. You can print this press release for a small fee of $5."

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
'They played really well and gave it their all for a whole 60 minutes'

Said nobody on this forum.

This teams tendancie to get demoralized is confounding. Welky intro t line looked good. Llw and Kane & co had to many miss cues and not enough quality chances. A guy like lubdqvist is going to make 2 or 3 huge saves every game so you need more then two quality chances

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

The 3 guys Gnova mentioned are 3 of the FEW on the Jets who play like they give a crap.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Go Jets Go!!

It's becoming very obvious that the team is really missing Slater, Wright, and Stuart.

Agreed.

Also, it would be nice if they could find someone to play right wing on the second line via a trade right now. I'd sign a kid like Lowry to push the pace in house as well, add some youthful enthusiasm into the mix. Bring up O'Dell as well. Just do something to effect change. They need a tweak right now to get over the hump.

Have never personally really had very high expectations for this lineup though, am just enjoying the process. Go Jets Go.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

It's not missing one of them. I think it is because all three, or more than two out of three of them are out.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
I'm not a fan of what I've seen from Burmistrov in the last few games, but at this point here's my view on him.

Do one of two things:

1. Give him 3-5 games straight in a top 6 role. 15+ Minutes every night. If you want a young player to develop you don't throw him into 8 different roles with 9 different linemates. Let him learn to be a top 6, and if it doesn't work out and he doesn't show progress you at least know what you have with him. If this fails . . .

2. Trade him. If we're going to let him waste away on the 4th line then why not get an asset to play in the top 9 for him.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Game changing moment... Setting scored on, on the 5-4.

Who the **** is coaching our powerplay to keep moving the ****ing puck, we burried lots of goals early in the year by crashing the net after a good hard shot.

Team should spend the entire morning skate learning how to hit the net.

Little got robbed, if that went in, different game.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I agree. Terribad. Been playing above their heads. Special teams were not great last year, and have taken a monumental step backwards. Perry Pearn has to go. I'm not sure if I like any of the coaching staff right now or want any of them carried to next year. Despite being a Noel supporter all this time. Nice guy. Smart guy and well-spoken. But either can't work with this particular team, or doesn't have NHL caliber systems or motiviational skills.

Probably one of the worst 5-on-3's ever. Refusing to shoot. No urgency to score. Where's the scoring mentality? 2-man-advantage played not as an opportunity to score, but as a passing drill. That's what it looked like out there. Hey, they're down two men, let's do our passing drill and try to get a pretty one. 5-on-4, still a predictable and no dynamism to it. Just get the puck to the point...that's the entire PP.

Nevermind that they're slipping from playoff contention, and that the next goal is crucial.

Well...let's see what this team looks like next year. What they have now isn't working on anything but a bubble level. On both the player front and coaching front.

Sounds like I've given up on the team, but not at all. I'm still behind this franchise 100%. Not necessarily the personnel of this iteration is all. But I'll still watch every game and diligently go to games and buy my merch, and cheer etc. Because that's what fans do. Ask for better, stick around forever.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
I have more confidence in the talent on this team than most of you. I don't think they're great, but they're in the worst division and have beat too many good teams for it to be all luck....

I can't disagree more with the people who think LLW aren't putting in effort. These guys are probably just as frustrated as all of us.

The team is in need of real direction.

Dig up Dale Hunter, and we'd finish off well in this division. It won't happen and we obviously do have our fair share of mediocre talent. I foresee us swapping some 'meh' players to 'send a message'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad