Post-Game Talk: This... Sucks. Leafs 2, Sabres 3

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
dear threadstarter, i feel your pain, i am in the exact boat as you, i think it was last season cant remember but i criticized posters because in the prediction thread something like 80% though that the leafs would win in buffalo, i thought it was a joke.. then i would get mocked and try and defend but i would not get anywhere lol..buffalo has 6 wins and 20 losses, the leafs are 0-2 in buffalo..the numbers along with that seeing eye puck support our claims, we are not crazy :laugh:

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
Since 1970 the Leafs are 27-64-6 against the Sabres in Buffalo.

since 2000 the Leafs are 10-25-2

Since 2010 the Leafs are 2-9-0

Last year we were 1-1 in Buffalo

Last edited:

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
Since 1970 the Leafs are 27-64-6 against the Sabres in Buffalo.

Last year we were 1-1 in Buffalo

so basically 27 wins and 70 losses for the leafs

buffalo 70 wins and 27 losses 0.722 winning percentage that is jokes:laugh:

to top that off of the last 4 wins i remember in buffalo 3 of them were in overtime, for all i know there record could be like 70-19-8 just guessing

the sabres should hold a celebration for the 100th game in buffalo

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
As you can see from the avatar, I'm not a Leafs fan.

Vs the Pens, you guys had a legit gripe against the refs. It was terrible.

But you can't blame the refs for this loss.

Ranger grabbed him with the off arm.
Sabre defender got the puck FIRST before dropping JVR.

Interesting....so in tonights game, as long as someone knocks the puck off of Subban's stick, it will then be okay to take him out with a low bridge to the knees?

that makes perfect sense.:shakehead

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
Interesting....so in tonights game, as long as someone knocks the puck off of Subban's stick, it will then be okay to take him out with a low bridge to the knees?

That is the rule, aslong as you have all intentions of getting the puck you're fine , puck first man second, correct call

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

That was absolutely a penalty but it wouldn't have mattered if they'd competed better. The game should have been put to bed by then.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
That is the rule, aslong as you have all intentions of getting the puck you're fine , puck first man second, correct call

Correct

The Sabre's D'Agostini dove and made contact with the puck first knocking it away before JVR fell over top of his sliding body and went down.

It would have been a penalty only if he would have made contact with JVR first before the puck while taking him down.

Its not a penalty if a player falls down and another falls over top of him, and the puck was gone before JVR went down in this case.

That is how the NHL rule book reads.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The rebuild isn't complete.

Back to earth we come,another quick start followed by the fade. When Burke built this team he opted for the no number one C model. It doesn't work. This team isn't good enough yet to be drafting in the bottom 10 yet. While I am not suggesting tank there is clearly something very wrong with this team which backed into the playoffs last year. IF this team makes the playoffs it will be barely. Like it or not the rebuild wasn't done properly and it is time to face it.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Correct

The Sabre's D'Agostini dove and made contact with the puck first knocking it away before JVR fell over top of his sliding body and went down.

It would have been a penalty only if he would have made contact with JVR first before the puck while taking him down.

Its not a penalty if a player falls down and another falls over top of him, and the puck was gone before JVR went down in this case.

It's too bad that it isn't consistently enforced that way. Colaiacovo used to get penalties on a regular basis for the same play, puck first, etc....

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Correct

Dove <> Falls Down.

RonnieB13

Sep 18, 2010
Leafs Nation
there are 56 games left.

Calm down.
Yes, Ranger stinks.
Yes, Carlyle has made some bad choices.
yes, we're in a funk.

but Christ, there are 56 games left. FIFTY SIX!

jumping to conclusions much?

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Back to earth we come,another quick start followed by the fade. When Burke built this team he opted for the no number one C model. It doesn't work. This team isn't good enough yet to be drafting in the bottom 10 yet. While I am not suggesting tank there is clearly something very wrong with this team which backed into the playoffs last year. IF this team makes the playoffs it will be barely. Like it or not the rebuild wasn't done properly and it is time to face it.

I disagree I think we have a very good team we just have an idiot coach that is trying to make this team something it isn't. We saw it last year in the Bruins series when this team is skating the puck we can beat anyone. #firecarlyle

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Maybe in Salary.
But they are essentially the same player, Armstrong much better skater.

They both bring grit and leadership. Stats wise is even, but if you are counting best years, Armstrong wins.

(Problem with Armstrong was he acquired the Collaocoivo disease).

All in all, Clarkson is Colby v2.0.

I like Armstrong, but seriously?

Clarkson is a better skater, better hitter, can fight, way better offensive instinct, puck protection, shot, hands, etc.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Calm down.
Yes, Ranger stinks.
yes, we're in a funk.

Ranger is better defensively than Franson, Gardiner, Fraser, and yes, even Reilly. This constant trashing of Ranger is such B.S.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
I think there is a sense of urgency because we lost against teams we had no business losing against... And yes blowing a 4-1 lead against Pittsburgh constitutes just as that. No it is not time to panic, but the boys really gotta start skating here, its getting hard to watch :(

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
about the only plus sides is most of our losses are coming against teams we're not in competition for a playoff spot with. IE were not giving points to those likely to knock us out (maybe Cbus).

Tonight though, we need a win

BayStreetBullies*

Burn through 56 games.

burn_them_all_got.gif

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
Ranger is better defensively than Franson, Gardiner, Fraser, and yes, even Reilly. This constant trashing of Ranger is such B.S.

My opinion, which to some people will mean nothing, the mistakes Ranger makes are far more noticeable and clearly as proven last night at the worst of times.. Personally think he is useless on an nhl team

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

There is absolutely no way Ranger is better defensively than Rielly.

Ranger is extremely horrid and makes stupid plays continuously.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
about the only plus sides is most of our losses are coming against teams we're not in competition for a playoff spot with. IE were not giving points to those likely to knock us out (maybe Cbus).

Tonight though, we need a win

yeah - it would have been nice to actually split the season series with teams like the Jackets

also - another point is that during our losses we're actually getting points. We're so often a team that either all or nothing.

all teams go through slumps - i'd rather the slump be now, and we can right it and play good the rest of the way - then slump in march/april, and slide out of a spot.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
My opinion, which to some people will mean nothing, the mistakes Ranger makes are far more noticeable and clearly as proven last night at the worst of times.. Personally think he is useless on an nhl team

It's a good thing that Phaneuf makes so much money, cause we are all then blinded by $$$$$$ he makes to see how useless he is at times too. All of our D-men make mistakes that make them look worse than AHL players. I can't wait to see how good Phaneuf is at the Olympics, he's that good!

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Option 2

I disagree I think we have a very good team we just have an idiot coach that is trying to make this team something it isn't. We saw it last year in the Bruins series when this team is skating the puck we can beat anyone. #firecarlyle

I am assuming we won't fire Carlyle as generally speaking leaf brass enjoy lack of performance and stand by that which is broken. It is becoming clear that Carlyle needs to go. He didn't let the Leafs open up until they were down 3 to 1 ,then went into a shell once we were well up in game 7. At the same time, I don't see the right replacement out there and I don't like Laviolette. Anaheim is playing just fine without Carlyle.

leafstilldeath*

Calm down.
Yes, Ranger stinks.
yes, we're in a funk.

That is precisely the problem. 56 games left to fall out of a playoffs position (we are in the wild card category at the moment).

With the way this team is playing and the coaching staff playing a DUMB system doesn't look like we would be save for much longer. Unless ofcourse people smarten up. Carlyle has to let go of his stupid ego. If he doesn't then this team is destined to miss the playoffs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Leaf fans should stop invading Buffalo and getting their players amped up to kick our *****. If the ACC got invaded by Boston fans or something every time they came to town, I'm sure our team would play out of their mind too.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It's too bad that it isn't consistently enforced that way. Colaiacovo used to get penalties on a regular basis for the same play, puck first, etc....

Just because a previous Ref called it wrong many years ago, doesn't mean a different Ref yesterday is obligated to call it wrong again when the NHL Rule book specifically states that if contact with the puck occurs first its a valid NHL play.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

We have also seen the call made correctly many times when the player takes out the players skates without touching the puck. In fact had D'Agostini taken out JVR without touching the puck a Penalty shot could have been rewarded on the play as JVR was on a breakaway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad